P4P Video feed issues
910 10 2018-4-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansf2c4ad79
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Hi all,
I'm having issues with my new P4P only had it a few days. Basically the feed to the iPad mini 3 or iPhone 7 is very distorted.

Occasionally the screen goes green, but mainly pixelated. Basically the same as this...

youtu.be/yiGy74ZVu9I

I don't have the Pro + though.

It's something I don't get when I fly my Mavic Air using my iPad or iPhone. It's only since I got my P4P that I have this issue.

I have tried to update and reset the firmware on both the P4P and the RC. I have also tried to relink and change the transmission settings within the DJI 4 app. Everything is up to date and I'm on iOS 11.3 on both devices.

I don't think its an issue with the gimble as video on the SD card looks to be perfect. But I will run through the videos to check.

Any help would be much appreciated.

2018-4-6
Use props
alr3id
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Well looking through the forum, it seems to be a common issues. Sorry if this is a duplicate of others posts.
2018-4-6
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Hi, did you try to change an environment to fly your drone? Please check if your mobile device is overheated at that time. Please keep us updated, thanks.
2018-4-6
Use props
alr3id
lvl.1

United Kingdom

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-4-6 19:50
Hi, did you try to change an environment to fly your drone? Please check if your mobile device is overheated at that time. Please keep us updated, thanks.

Hi, Nope not made any changes. It just seems to be a constant issue with the app, or the iOS device itself.

If I had the issue with video stored on the SD card, then I would say its drone related.

I am going to test my iPad Pro 12" and see if it happens with that. If it doesn't then I know I need a beefier device haha.
2018-4-7
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

alr3id Posted at 2018-4-7 02:22
Hi, Nope not made any changes. It just seems to be a constant issue with the app, or the iOS device itself.

If I had the issue with video stored on the SD card, then I would say its drone related.

If the problem remains when you change the device, please contact our support and start a case: http://www.dji.com/support Thanks for your support.
2018-4-7
Use props
alr3id
lvl.1

United Kingdom

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-4-7 02:46
If the problem remains when you change the device, please contact our support and start a case: http://www.dji.com/support Thanks for your support.

so here are my findings...

The iPad Pro 12" seems to work perfectly fine with no glitches at all. It's, however, a little too big to fly with. So I need to find an alternative.

So the question now is, do I get the 2018 iPad 9.7, or the iPad Mini 4. The 9.7 one would last a little longer if DJI decides to update the app and not optimize the video feeds I suppose. I don't want an iPad Mini which will be dead in the next release of the DJI app.
2018-4-7
Use props
Jenee 2
First Officer
Flight distance : 7852129 ft

alr3id Posted at 2018-4-7 02:59

The iPad Pro 12" seems to work perfectly fine with no glitches at all. It's, however, a little too big to fly with. So I need to find an alternative.

A few of us have found that the later versions of the GO 4 app are quite resource hungry and the older tablets and phones can't cope as well. I have an Ipad Mini 4 and used to get lots of video feed glitches on 2.4Ghz so I changed to 5.8 and haven't had a problem since.
If you are trying to decide about a new Ipad, I would get the new 2018 Ipad as it has a faster processor and the Ipad Mini 4 has been out for a while now.
2018-4-7
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

alr3id Posted at 2018-4-7 02:59

I see. Did you try to clean the cache files? I would recommend you run the DJI GO 4 only when you fly the spark. Thanks for your support.  
2018-4-9
Use props
alr3id
lvl.1

United Kingdom

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-4-9 02:00
I see. Did you try to clean the cache files? I would recommend you run the DJI GO 4 only when you fly the spark. Thanks for your support.

Yeah, nothing works.

It appears the DJI app is too hardware intensive to run it on older devices now. Maybe DJI need to look at how they can optimise the app better?

I am now looking at the 2018 iPad, or iPhone 8/X so it will work without too many issues.
2018-4-9
Use props
alr3id
lvl.1

United Kingdom

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-4-9 02:00
I see. Did you try to clean the cache files? I would recommend you run the DJI GO 4 only when you fly the spark. Thanks for your support.

Also are you able to help with what i PM'd you about? Thanks.
2018-4-9
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

alr3id Posted at 2018-4-9 02:08
Yeah, nothing works.

It appears the DJI app is too hardware intensive to run it on older devices now. Maybe DJI need to look at how they can optimise the app better?

Thanks for your feedback. The situation will be forwarded. I would recommend you upgrade your IOS system to the latest version for better performance. And I would reply you in PM.
2018-4-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules