Fly without Go 4
593 9 2018-4-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
OldFaflyers
lvl.3
Flight distance : 26555 ft
Australia

Can the MA fly with just a controller like a RC drone. Will it RTH and take pic video with the buttons.
2018-4-6
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi, you can fly the Mavic air just with a controller, it RTH and take picture video with the buttons. However, for the flight safety purpose, it is recommended to fly the drone with the DJI GO4 app, the pilot needs to keep close attention to the notification from the APP. Thanks!
2018-4-6
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Dude read the manual before even flying and then when you are done read it again!
2018-4-6
Use props
OldFaflyers
lvl.3
Australia

I got the bad habit of ignoring manuals. YouTube is my manual :-(
I have clocked 20+ hrs with Go 4 and smart capture but never tried wifi of controller only.
I know the risk, as long as the RTH works I feel confident.
2018-4-6
Use props
SparksBird
First Officer
Flight distance : 10731690 ft
United States

with my MP I flew with just the RC one time as I forgot my phone at home when going to the park.  I think it limited me to like 30m away or maybe 100m or something like that.  Just be sure to be careful as always.
2018-4-6
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>

My question would be WHY. Why risk losing or damaging your bird. Manual, Manual, please read the manual. have fun and FLY SAFE.
2018-4-6
Use props
OldFaflyers
lvl.3
Australia

I went thru the manual on the section on the controller, there is NOTHING about flying with just the controller!!!!! Unless I m looking at the wrong manual.  I don't have a problem flying rc style, I race drone doing 100 kpm going through gates etc etc. I like the idea of just take out the MA take few pics JUST for few minutes and not having to boot up GO 4.
The RTH is my insurance.
I reckon smart capture flying is MORE VUNERABLE if it decides to keep flying away from you and there is nothing you can do especially I dont take the controller with me
in my travels.
2018-4-7
Use props
HenryHM
lvl.4
Flight distance : 795404 ft
Australia

you will have no chance claiming any warranty if the app was not on..
2018-4-7
Use props
OldFaflyers
lvl.3
Australia

I understand that especially there will be no log on that flight.  Is the warranty valid if I press the button twice at the back of MA and not use the controller in Smart Option???? That is in the manual.
2018-4-7
Use props
Landbo
Second Officer
Flight distance : 502792 ft
Denmark

Do not have a Mavic Air, but with DJI's other hobby drones you can fly without DJIGOx with the controller alone and take pics and video with the camera's standart settings. However, the flight distance / height is reduced relative to the controller's location last time I tried.

I'm sorry to say it since you count Youtube as your manual. The only place you can get the correct information is in the writing manual that belongs to your drone. Youtube is just a rumor of media where you can hear / see someone else's interpretation of what they have heard / perhaps read, which absolutely does not have to be the truth.

Fly safe, Leif.   
2018-4-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules