1100 14 2018-4-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Rene vd Meer
lvl.3
Flight distance : 236781 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

I am an experienced flyer (P3,P4), but in between drones and want a buy a new one asap.
I am from the Netherlands and the prices in the VS are much better.  Last time I was in the VS (in March) I saw the best deals are not in any stores, but only online.
I will visit Fort Worth (TX) April 22-29th due to the Rapid conference. I can send the drone to my hotel.

My budget is ~$1500

I think the best option is the MP Platinum. The Air has less range (OcuSync vs WiFi).
Both are compact. The MP2 or the P5 will not be available this month.

I have a Samsung note 8 and an old but favorite Nvidea shiel K1 tablet.

What is the best on line deal?

Is there a local store with a good bundle?

2018-4-6
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
South Africa

I hear  the the Mp and MPP are going cheaper now at the Dji online store or even Gear best
2018-4-6
Use props
Rene vd Meer
lvl.3
  • >>>
Netherlands

Suren Posted at 2018-4-6 21:30
I hear  the the Mp and MPP are going cheaper now at the Dji online store or even Gear best

What about  Walmart
2018-4-6
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
South Africa

That looks like a good bundle
2018-4-6
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13926112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The MPP officially remains at the original RRP but the MP has massively dropped in price. Bang for buck - the MP is better value now but the MPP is a seriously great drone - very quiet and I constantly get 25+ minute flight times though the price difference does need to be taken into account. If you can find a good deal on an MPP then buy it!
2018-4-6
Use props
Marian
lvl.4
Flight distance : 340597 ft

A CW Posted at 2018-4-6 23:18
The MPP officially remains at the original RRP but the MP has massively dropped in price. Bang for buck - the MP is better value now but the MPP is a seriously great drone - very quiet and I constantly get 25+ minute flight times though the price difference does need to be taken into account. If you can find a good deal on an MPP then buy it!

I couldn't agree more!
2018-4-6
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Marian Posted at 2018-4-6 23:21
I couldn't agree more!

2018-4-6
Use props
Lamplighter55
Second Officer
Flight distance : 538596 ft
United Kingdom

Yup I'm still very happy with my MPP and don't have any regrets for not getting the Air instead - despite the higher bit rate camera. The lower prop and motor sound removed a distraction that I was having even with my Spark. It has it's quirks but these can be got around as flight experience is built up imo. The only thing I'm a bit less happy about is the marked differance in using an iPhone running Go4 versus an Android device - in my case a Crystalsky monitor. The iPhone connection has been rock solid every flight - I can not say the same for the Crystalsky unfortuately - there will be some testing on that these next few days if the weather holds.
2018-4-7
Use props
dronybaloney
First Officer
Flight distance : 24897940 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Are you going to use the mpp only to fly in nederland? If you wamt to take drone abroad each time you go on holiday you have to pass customs ,and i believe you only can take goods you bought up to euro430 into netherlands. If stopped by customs you might have to show receipt and have to get fine and pay duty, therefore at the end you will not save a lot of money and save a lot of hassle if you just buy it in nederland.
2018-4-7
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Although I only have MP which has its own problems with focus particularly on video, the word is MPP is much improved, as a flying platform it’s pretty sensational.
Only problem I might see for you is being a little remorseful when release of Mavic pro2, but I always believe if you want it now get it you will not be sorry.
Good Luck...
2018-4-7
Use props
martin joãoo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 945105 ft
Luxembourg

Take into account that DJI has no international warranty.
2018-4-7
Use props
Silvex
lvl.3

United States

You can still get a refurbished MP from https://www.newegg.com for $670. Or you can get the MPP for around $1050.
2018-4-7
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

martin joãoo Posted at 2018-4-7 08:21
Take into account that DJI has no international warranty.

That's also a very good point!   
2018-4-7
Use props
Rene vd Meer
lvl.3
  • >>>
Netherlands

Thanks for the advice.
This is the reason to buy in the US:

The best deal is at Wallmart, but they don't accept my credit card. Is there a local store in Dallas area?
2018-4-8
Use props
Silvex
lvl.3

United States

Rene vd Meer Posted at 2018-4-8 21:13
Thanks for the advice.
This is the reason to buy in the US:
[view_image]

Newegg is in located in California, but I think they are an e-commerce (on-line) only store. I would try to purchase the MPP a few days before arrival and arrange with the hotel staff to hold it for you. And considering that you your credit card address is oversees and you are shipping to a hotel, it will be a red flag for fraud. I would want to discuss it with Newegg well in advance.

Good luck!
2018-4-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules