How to calibrate remote controller
20109 26 2018-4-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Yordan
lvl.3
Flight distance : 903783 ft
Bulgaria

Hello , I have a small problem maybe and it is with the remote control. for a few days when I pick it up, I notice it starts spinning to the left on its axis. when I look at a log I can see that when a full stick is pushed up, the dron begins to spin, the stick is up   I apologize for my English is not very good. I tried calibration on remote controller , calibrated IMU, compas and everything is perfect,refresh also firmware on drone and remote control but everything is the same.have made a short video from a log DJI APP ,over 400 meters the problem is visible . I think this turning left on the Axis is obtained from the remote

Thanky

2018-4-6
Use props
Kevjones1959
lvl.4
Flight distance : 61932 ft

South Africa

The option to calibrate the controller is in the DJI Go app where you set the controller up.
2018-4-6
Use props
Yordan
lvl.3
Bulgaria

Kevjones1959 Posted at 2018-4-6 21:59
The option to calibrate the controller is in the DJI Go app where you set the controller up.

I have already calibrated it several times, but the problem remains.
calibration the same as the mavic pro?
2018-4-6
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Yordan Posted at 2018-4-6 22:02
I have already calibrated it several times, but the problem remains.
calibration the same as the mavic pro?

Hi, are you flying your Mavic Air? In this situation, please export the flight data for further analysis. Thanks for your support.
2018-4-6
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi there, I'm sorry to hear about the issue that you are experiencing. Please make sure you have calibrated the remote controller successfully, could you please take a video show us the process of the calibration? we'll look into it, thanks!
2018-4-6
Use props
Yordan
lvl.3
Bulgaria

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-4-6 22:17
Hi, are you flying your Mavic Air? In this situation, please export the flight data for further analysis. Thanks for your support.

to be able to fly, how to export flight data.thanks
2018-4-6
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Try calibrating the RC again - do it in an area free of any magnetic interference and obviously when the drone is powered off.
2018-4-6
Use props
Yordan
lvl.3
Bulgaria

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-4-6 22:17

here is  log https://drive.google.com/file/d/ ... llI1ToHnX3QSGE/view
2018-4-6
Use props
Yordan
lvl.3
Bulgaria

DJI Diana Posted at 2018-4-6 22:21
Hi there, I'm sorry to hear about the issue that you are experiencing. Please make sure you have calibrated the remote controller successfully, could you please take a video show us the process of the calibration? we'll look into it, thanks!

hi diana, you can see it already

2018-4-6
Use props
QuadKid
First Officer
Flight distance : 482349 ft
United States

Yordan Posted at 2018-4-6 23:41
here is  log https://drive.google.com/file/d/1WIuYvbeAy1EdXgGheFllI1ToHnX3QSGE/view

I noticed that your altitude was 431 meters (which is quite high) while your distance was only 11 meters, this means that the drone was basically directly overhead, In this scenario where your antennas facing horizontal to the ground for best reception?

Does it do the same thing when the drone is further away from you? lets say 900 meters distance  and 400 meters altitude?
2018-4-6
Use props
Yordan
lvl.3
Bulgaria

QuadKid Posted at 2018-4-6 23:55
I noticed that your altitude was 431 meters (which is quite high) while your distance was only 11 meters, this means that the drone was basically directly overhead, In this scenario where your antennas facing horizontal to the ground for best reception?

Does it do the same thing when the drone is further away from you? lets say 900 meters distance  and 400 meters altitude?

I was deliberately flying straight up to see the problem, but it also gets at a lower altitude and a long distance.
2018-4-7
Use props
Yordan
lvl.3
Bulgaria

I also checked here
2018-4-7
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Yordan Posted at 2018-4-6 23:41
here is  log https://drive.google.com/file/d/1WIuYvbeAy1EdXgGheFllI1ToHnX3QSGE/view

Thanks for your update. The situation will be forwarded to our engineers for further check.
2018-4-7
Use props
Yordan
lvl.3
Bulgaria

okey thanks Elektra
2018-4-7
Use props
Yordan
lvl.3
Bulgaria

so this is the day.  today turns right by 14-15%

I recorded a clip on my Mavic Air of spinning right  without pushing anything, only holding the remote.

I also recorded the history of my phone from the program DJI APP

2018-4-7
Use props
Yordan
lvl.3
Bulgaria

hello, my topic was a problem in the remote of the left joystick. I sent him to Germany for repair and now I have to wait for the result
2018-4-10
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Yordan Posted at 2018-4-10 00:25
hello, my topic was a problem in the remote of the left joystick. I sent him to Germany for repair and now I have to wait for the result

I see. I think our support will help you locate the problem. Please post the case number here if you need help.
2018-4-12
Use props
Yordan
lvl.3
Bulgaria

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-4-12 03:31
I see. I think our support will help you locate the problem. Please post the case number here if you need help.

thanks for your concern, if I have a problem I will immediately turn to your help
thanky
2018-4-12
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Yordan Posted at 2018-4-12 04:58
thanks for your concern, if I have a problem I will immediately turn to your help
thanky

Have a nice flight!
2018-4-13
Use props
Yordan
lvl.3
Bulgaria

hello, I have news from today on my case and they are: a new remote that has already been sent and I am looking forward to arriving. I do not know what the old problem was, it was not written but I was fascinated by the speed and cooperation of the dji people. I am also very pleased with the replacement of the remote with a new thank you very much.
2018-4-18
Use props
Kevjones1959
lvl.4
Flight distance : 61932 ft

South Africa

Mine was worse than yours in terms of response time.

2018-4-18
Use props
Yordan
lvl.3
Bulgaria

Have you given a new one

2018-4-20
Use props
Yordan
lvl.3
Bulgaria

The new remote came, and everything works perfectly. Thanks again DJI!!

new remote controller

new remote controller

2018-4-26
Use props
csauriol
New
Flight distance : 6024 ft
Canada

Hi there! i have my mavic air since two months ago and my remote started to do the same thing as yours just a month after purchase!!!! the thing is i was traveling for a month... so it was horrible tryng to make videos. going down the drone was doing 360 all the way down!!!! wtf... i just come back and now saw your post, i guess its the remote the problem... its sucks when you pay 1600$ for thing thats not working out of the box!! anyway thanks for your post...
2018-11-5
Use props
MickThompson
lvl.1
Australia

Hi, I too have the same problem. Where do I send the controller away too have it looked at? I'm in Newcastle NSW Australia. Does DJI Care Refresh + cover this? My serial number for my Mavic Air is 0K1DF1D3BDG89T.
2019-5-13
Use props
Kuhndog
New

United States

We are having the exact same problem.  We recalibrated the controller and it has stopped beeping but our drone still rotates right on its own.  Our controller seems to be sticking at 20% right during calibration.  
2019-11-4
Use props
djiuser_hP3IfBZpTIKD
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Is there is any video to show how to calibrate mavic air 2 remote control please. Thank you
2021-1-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules