Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
RC Udate fail Operator Error
1247 8 2015-5-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
leostrat_54
lvl.3

United States

I hate to admit this, but I did something in the RC update that bricked the RC.  Question - what can you do to recover from shutting off the RC while the update is working?  I am posting this here hopefully to help someone else from making this mistake.  I have tried pretty much everything to get the RC updated, but to no avail.  Based on what I remembered from the last update (dumb me) when the light turned blue, I shut off the RC.  I didn't remember from the last update to wait for green.  My bad. Now what? Help Autumn or Ed
2015-5-7
Use props
DJI-Autumn
lvl.4

Hong Kong

Can you access to the upgrade log? The one end with "GS".
2015-5-7
Use props
leostrat_54
lvl.3

United States

DJI-Autumn Posted at 2015-5-8 11:16
Can you access to the upgrade log? The one end with "GS".

When I try to update the light stays red for about 4-5 minutes then the RC starts beeping and the light stays red for another 3-4 minutes and the RC shuts off without an update file recorded. Thank you for looking into this for me.
2015-5-7
Use props
DJI-Autumn
lvl.4

Hong Kong

leostrat_54@yah Posted at 2015-5-8 11:27
When I try to update the light stays red for about 4-5 minutes then the RC starts beeping and the  ...

I knew a guy had problem like you.
He tried many times and finally the blue light on then turned green. Repeat the process.
2015-5-7
Use props
leostrat_54
lvl.3

United States

My problem is I never get a blue light now.  The light stays red, the RC starts beeping and then shuts off after about 5 minutes.
2015-5-8
Use props
leostrat_54
lvl.3

United States

DJI-Autumn Posted at 2015-5-8 11:35
I knew a guy had problem like you.
He tried many times and finally the blue light on then turned gr ...

Autumn is it possible to send just the controller in since the problem apparently is that it needs to be reset somehow and then upgraded?
2015-5-8
Use props
Ph02on
lvl.3
Flight distance : 75673 ft
United Kingdom

Have you tried running the special bin file that resets the controller?  You can always try it if you have no other option.  Run the file first and see if it resets the controller, then try to update again.

Here is a link to the file on my drive  https://drive.google.com/file/d/ ... jg/view?usp=sharing

Good luck.

Jason
2015-5-8
Use props
leostrat_54
lvl.3

United States

Ph02on Posted at 2015-5-8 23:50
Have you tried running the special bin file that resets the controller?  You can always try it if yo ...

Jason,

Thank you so, so much.  That file worked on one of the RC's but not on the other and THAT means I can fly my I1 while the other one is off to DJI land.  The file did the first update and then the latest firmware update went smoothly.  Thank you!!
2015-5-8
Use props
Ph02on
lvl.3
Flight distance : 75673 ft
United Kingdom

leostrat_54@yah Posted at 2015-5-9 05:18
Jason,

Thank you so, so much.  That file worked on one of the RC's but not on the other and THAT  ...

Great news.  At least you are still flying  

All the best.

jason
2015-5-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules