Almost lost my Mavic Air!
1231 11 2018-4-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DogDrone
lvl.2
Flight distance : 307113 ft

Hi guys,
I had lost connection with the remote on Mavic Air over the beach. I really thought that I have lost it!. Thanks to RTH it returns back. I'd like to learn from this incidents to see if I did anything wrong or what I can do to prevent furture lost connections. Here is the flight log. Appreciate the help and suggestions

http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/ZXO3WQWOU8ISUGGFG557/
2018-4-7
Use props
Avian
lvl.3
Flight distance : 89301 ft
  • >>>
South Africa

Can you pls guide me how to upload flight logs onto the Phantom help web site.
It seems like one can only upload. TXT files and when I download lugs on DJI Assistant 2 it only download as a. DAT file....?
How did you get yours up onto this site...?
2018-4-7
Use props
JJBspark
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12445630 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Avian Posted at 2018-4-7 04:57
Can you pls guide me how to upload flight logs onto the Phantom help web site.
It seems like one can only upload. TXT files and when I download lugs on DJI Assistant 2 it only download as a. DAT file....?
How did you get yours up onto this site...?

Hi Avian,

TXT files are saved on your mobile device. Find the directory ..root / DJI / DJI go v4 / Flightrecord.
In that dir you will find your DJIFlightRecord_year_mm_dd_[time].txt files.

cheers
JJB
2018-4-7
Use props
JJBspark
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12445630 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hi DoGDrone,

Had a look at your file, i cannot see any problem.
It happens to me as well the other day, a full disconnect Drone-Controller.
Happy that the RTH did function properly.

Cheers
JJB
2018-4-7
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 10017858 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Everything looks fine, you simply lost RC signal , when this happens you can try moving your antenna to see if you can recover signal even when Aircraft starts it’s RTH , if you regain signal you can cancel RTH .
Also area you were flying could very well be constrained by WiFi activity, best to fly in 5.8ghz mode which should not be so congested.
2018-4-7
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hallmark007 is right. RC signal loss may be caused by obstacles between the drone and RC, the improper position of the antennas and the interference around and so on. In this case, you can try to adjust the antennas, and try to fly in open areas.
2018-4-7
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 14177772 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-4-7 23:25
Hallmark007 is right. RC signal loss may be caused by obstacles between the drone and RC, the incorrect position of the antennas and the interference around and so on. In this case, you can try to adjust the antennas, and try to fly in open areas. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7M9JtfVwQE

Environmental obstructions (normally tree lines) are usually the cause in my experience.
2018-4-7
Use props
DogDrone
lvl.2

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-4-7 06:39
Everything looks fine, you simply lost RC signal , when this happens you can try moving your antenna to see if you can recover signal even when Aircraft starts it’s RTH , if you regain signal you can cancel RTH .
Also area you were flying could very well be constrained by WiFi activity, best to fly in 5.8ghz mode which should not be so congested.

Thank you... good suggestions
2018-4-8
Use props
DogDrone
lvl.2

A CW Posted at 2018-4-7 23:55
Environmental obstructions (normally tree lines) are usually the cause in my experience.

Thanks, it make sense, there is a big rock nearby..
2018-4-8
Use props
DogDrone
lvl.2

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-4-7 23:25
Hallmark007 is right. RC signal loss may be caused by obstacles between the drone and RC, the improper position of the antennas and the interference around and so on. In this case, you can try to adjust the antennas, and try to fly in open areas. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7M9JtfVwQE

Good learning. I didn’t know that the antenna should be straight. I always put it bent to the side..
2018-4-8
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

DogDrone Posted at 2018-4-8 16:29
Good learning. I didn’t know that the antenna should be straight. I always put it bent to the side..

It's not too late to learn. See if it improves the flights.
2018-4-8
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 14177772 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DogDrone Posted at 2018-4-8 16:28
Thanks, it make sense, there is a big rock nearby..

Yep, always best to ensure that there is nothing between the drone and antenna on the RC and that the antenna is perpendicular to the drone throughout the entire flight.
2018-4-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules