Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Gran Canaria Drone law
8724 9 2018-4-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
sszaki
lvl.3
Flight distance : 106030 ft
Ireland

I'm planing to go to Gran Canaria next week and just started to look around for Drone flying laws in Gran Canaria and it looks like the are very strict about that. Nothing special just more restrictive (120m high 100 distance, no near populated areas etc) but during that reserch i found out that a lot of drones were confiscated and operators were fined. Or even some people had problems on seciurity checks on fly back...

Did You have any experience in Flying around Gran Canaria? I dont mind the restrictions as i almost never fly above 100m or 200m away.

And one more question about transporting batteries and drone. Do i need lipo bag for each battery with me? Do i need to keep them with me inside cabin? It's ryanair that i will be flying with.

Thanks
2018-4-7
Use props
JRos
lvl.3
Flight distance : 677362 ft
United States

Transportation is not a Issue... I always put my batteries in lipo bags, just for safety. All
2018-4-7
Use props
JRos
lvl.3
Flight distance : 677362 ft
United States

Transportation is not a Issue... I always put my batteries in lipo bags, just for safety.
All lipo batteries need to be carried with you, not in your luggage, this is safety airline policy.

Flying in Spain is tricky, every time more.... The regulations are becoming annoying...
Check the officila site https://www.seguridadaerea.gob.es/LANG_EN/cias_empresas/trabajos/rpas/default.aspx
In the case of Canary Islands, you need to be special careful, because almost all Island have CTR or National Parks, in this places "legaly" you cannot fly a drone. Do it at your own risk if you want.

Check the link I pasted before.
2018-4-7
Use props
chiplifter
Captain
Flight distance : 745180 ft
Sri Lanka

Be very careful. This guy was fined € 6.000,-
2018-4-8
Use props
Marian
Second Officer
Flight distance : 340597 ft

Hi sszaki,

It seems like in Gran Canaria you will be fine just in the west of the island. But even there and as mentioned above, not over crowds, not higher than 120 meters etc. I have been flying in Tenerife and it was just fine in those areas. The usual, use common sense.

Below is a screenshot of the area you can fly in but you can also check it out directly here

Other than that I am always carrying this paper with me when I fly around so if someone comes around and ask what I am doing I can show it to them.

2018-4-8
Use props
ColomboPilot
lvl.3
Flight distance : 540892 ft
Spain

Hi,
Just wondering how it went for you? Any issues flying in those non marked areas and outside national parks?
We just arrived to Canary and planning our trips and flights
Kr.
A.
2018-4-14
Use props
sszaki
lvl.3
Flight distance : 106030 ft
Ireland

Hi. I couldn't go to Gran Canaria work related stuff. So I can't help. But after reading things around I wouldn't try flying around any populated areas or popular attractions. It s u cks that cause some ignorants that don't care about safety or privacy of other we need to deal with this kind of stuff.
2018-4-15
Use props
crosswired
Second Officer
Flight distance : 139780 ft
Ireland

For anyone whos planning to fly in Spain, I've found this: https://drones.enaire.es/ it covers whole Spain with all info
2019-7-12
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 1346821 ft
United Kingdom

Flown with drone on Ryan Air loads of times,  put it in your cabin bag and they wont even know you have it.  I also use lipo battery bags as it seems a good practice and Ive seen how an 18650 goes off like a firework when it fails.    You should be more cautious about the airport security check,  they are the only people that will see your drone when its x-rayed.   I've flown from Heathrow and Stansted with no issues at all, I remove my laptop and ipad etc and leave the drone and batteries in the hand luggage bag.
2019-7-12
Use props
djiuser_P0qoiQ9x0BFy
New

United Kingdom

ok thanks for the info
2020-1-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules