Follow me not enough satellites
944 6 2018-4-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Geoff67
lvl.2
Flight distance : 75817 ft
United Kingdom

Hi, I tried Follow Me mode for first time today and the message that displayed was no satellite cover. The Inspire Pro was hovering with 15 satellites visible! Am I doing something wrong and has anyone else experienced this? Best regards, Geoff
2018-4-7
Use props
TruGreen
Second Officer
Flight distance : 621909 ft
  • >>>

your device on the RC needs to have GPS. the follow me follows the RC so if using a tablet with just Wifi it wont work. try again using your cell phone
2018-4-7
Use props
Des_B
lvl.4
Flight distance : 129600 ft
United Kingdom

Hi Geoff, was your connected to a phone or tablet with GPS capability? You will need this so that your controller can obtain  its current position and relay it to the
2018-4-7
Use props
Des_B
lvl.4
Flight distance : 129600 ft
United Kingdom

....Inspire Pro

Regards

Des
2018-4-7
Use props
Geoff67
lvl.2
United Kingdom

TruGreen Posted at 2018-4-7 08:33
your device on the RC needs to have GPS. the follow me follows the RC so if using a tablet with just Wifi it wont work. try again using your cell phone

Hi, thanks very much for your response. I hadn’t realised that. I thought there was a GPS in the RC  which was all that was needed.. Will try with iPhone tomorrow. Geoff
2018-4-7
Use props
Geoff67
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Des_B Posted at 2018-4-7 08:38
Hi Geoff, was your connected to a phone or tablet with GPS capability? You will need this so that your controller can obtain  its current position and relay it to the

Hi, thanks for getting back quickly. I’ll try with iPhone tomorrow. Geoff
2018-4-7
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi Geoff, glad to see TruGreen and Des have helped to find out the reason, please note the Follow Me performance is subject to the GPS accuracy on the mobile device, thus the mobile device must include a normally functioning GPS module.
2018-4-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules