49150 12 2018-4-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
atomic77
lvl.3
Flight distance : 858117 ft
Poland

Hello I have a problem.
Two days ago I upgraded firmware to 1.00.0300 using DJI Assistant, then I activated my new Air, used my Care code and flew few times.
Today I turned it on and I got 'firmware inconsistance' message. Air upgraded firmware again (1.00.0300), and then.... it wanted me to activate it second time.
It asked me for my email and Air's name again.
Is it something wrong with my Air? I don't see any changes, it remembered my settings. Just activated twice. DJI Care is still on.

2018-4-7
Use props
lannes
First Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Usually when you get that message, it's the intelligent battery firmware that is inconsistent with the AC, so that needs to be upgraded as well.

Did you notice that is was a much shorter update from a time perspective ?, if it was then it was only the battery updating. You'll need to update the firmware on all your batteries.

I would not worry about the the reactivation it's probably just a sign in routine
2018-4-7
Use props
atomic77
lvl.3
Poland

Thanks for your answer. Now I see I took second battery from Combo (not used before) and the update time was short.
It didn't happen with my Spark.

(I hope it will reactivate again after several months to renew my warranty ;) just kidding)
2018-4-7
Use props
marcel_911
lvl.3
Flight distance : 18901 ft
United Kingdom

I had the same today too. It was the first time I had used battery No.2 so that makes sense now. Thanks
2018-4-7
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi there, could you please PM me your drone's serial number and the screenshot of the firmware info (General Settings-About) as well as the activation log for further checking?
The route to the log: sdcard/DJI/dji.go.v4/LOG/CACHE/active.
Thanks in advance.
2018-4-7
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 14177772 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

All batteries need to have the FW updated separately after the drone FW is updated
2018-4-8
Use props
atomic77
lvl.3
Poland

A CW Posted at 2018-4-8 00:08
All batteries need to have the FW updated separately after the drone FW is updated

I know about battery upgrade (just forgot about it, I had P3A and Spark before) - just the need for second activation is strange. I just send my logs to DJI Thor so he'll see whats wrong
2018-4-8
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

atomic77 Posted at 2018-4-8 02:07
I know about battery upgrade (just forgot about it, I had P3A and Spark before) - just the need for second activation is strange. I just send my logs to DJI Thor so he'll see whats wrong

Yes, I got your PM, thank you for your info. I had forwarded to our engineers to check, will get back to you once I get some news.
2018-4-8
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

atomic77 Posted at 2018-4-8 02:07

No probs - how you find a fix soon
2018-4-8
Use props
marcel_911
lvl.3
Flight distance : 18901 ft
United Kingdom

A CW Posted at 2018-4-8 00:08

Does that mean a battery that hasn't been updated will not work until it has?
2018-4-8
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

marcel_911 Posted at 2018-4-8 11:14
Does that mean a battery that hasn't been updated will not work until it has?

It will still 'work' as in power up the drone but an inconsistency in the FW between the drone and battery may cause an issue in flight - one you really do not want like the battery malfunctioning and the drone crash landing from 400'... Always best to update the drone, RC and batteries on the same FW and follow the instructions on the screen.
2018-4-8
Use props
nywrecker
Second Officer
Flight distance : 832421 ft
United States

A CW Posted at 2018-4-8 11:17
It will still 'work' as in power up the drone but an inconsistency in the FW between the drone and battery may cause an issue in flight - one you really do not want like the battery malfunctioning and the drone crash landing from 400'... Always best to update the drone, RC and batteries on the same FW and follow the instructions on the screen.

How do you update the FW of the batteries?
2018-4-8
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

nywrecker Posted at 2018-4-8 14:15
How do you update the FW of the batteries?

Via the GO4 app. Ensure your AC/RC FW is updated then when you put in a new battery the app will pop up a warning to advise there is a FW inconsistency - swipe the slider to start the update and after about a minute it will be done. Do this for each battery you own.
2018-4-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules