Getting an dgi item returned to drones direct
783 6 2018-4-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_zUQ9JbysumUX
lvl.2
Flight distance : 266 ft
Spain

Hi. I bought I tablet screen shrowd. Sorry the correct name for this item escapes me right now. Its stop the sun shining on the tablet screen cost around £15. It arrived but is to small made by dg I. I called drones direct to return it for  a refund. Spoke to customer service who told to to call dg I as i should return it to them for a refund. Surly it should be sent back to the company I placed the order from being drones direct  not dg I. I think you get 14 days to return an item when  buying online but drones direct didn't want me to return it to them so. Am I being giving to run around. This feels wrong.
2018-4-7
Use props
Cetacean
First Officer
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha zUQ9,

Yes, it is wrong.  Unless Drone Direct operates like Amazon and fronts and confirms for a company that actually sells and mails the item, they have to handle your return to your satisfaction.  This is true in most countries under most trade agreements.  (But then with Trump who know what is going on anymore!)  

What is the return address on the packaging that the RC sunshade came in?  That indicates who you have to return the item to.  Make sure that DJI did not mail it to you.

But your issue is in Great Britain so you should contact your consumer protection office with a cc when you email Drones Direct with your complaint and request to return the product.  Be sure to get all your information together before you start.  You may want to be nice about the whole thing since you have the support of government in this issue.  Mention nicely that you have sent a cc to the office of consumer protection.  Others on this Forum from England know what that office name is.

Hope this helps!

Aloha and Drone On!
2018-4-7
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Sorry to read on this, if you would like the refund, the drone should be sent back to your dealer for further assistance since you paid to them directly instead of DJI, please explain to them, if the Drone Direct still refuses to help, please leave us with your order number, your country and personal info (you can PM me), we will help to see if there is anything we can do for you.
2018-4-7
Use props
djiuser_zUQ9JbysumUX
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Hi thanks for you Input and advice. Will call dg I  during opening hours and see what they suggest.  If i get  a negative from dg I will get back in touch with dronesdirect and follow up from there. I used to sell on eBay and if I buyer wanted a refund I'd give it no quibble.  Specially when items where low value such as the screen shrowd which was just £15.00
2018-4-8
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

djiuser_zUQ9JbysumUX Posted at 2018-4-8 05:22
Hi thanks for you Input and advice. Will call dg I  during opening hours and see what they suggest.  If i get  a negative from dg I will get back in touch with dronesdirect and follow up from there. I used to sell on eBay and if I buyer wanted a refund I'd give it no quibble.  Specially when items where low value such as the screen shrowd which was just £15.00

I understand your frustration, hope the issue will be sorted out soon, please keep us updated if you need any assistance, thank you.
2018-4-8
Use props
djiuser_zUQ9JbysumUX
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Update. Today I called dronesdirect first off without  calling dg I. Drones direct took me off guard as they did somthing amazing today.  They gave me a £25 refund. When the lady at customer service told me she would pay me to keep the item by giving me £25 I neally fell over. I told her I only paid £15 For the item and I had to ask again that this  was for real. She gave me the item plus 15 on top paid into my account.  Its odd because the other day when I called they didn't want to know.  I wonder if any of there customer service team is a member of this forum and reads here on a regular basis.  Well I  can only thank drones direct for there generous solution to my problem. Hugs to all for your assistance with the issue.
2018-4-9
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

djiuser_zUQ9JbysumUX Posted at 2018-4-9 09:50
Update. Today I called dronesdirect first off without  calling dg I. Drones direct took me off guard as they did somthing amazing today.  They gave me a £25 refund. When the lady at customer service told me she would pay me to keep the item by giving me £25 I neally fell over. I told her I only paid £15 For the item and I had to ask again that this  was for real. She gave me the item plus 15 on top paid into my account.  Its odd because the other day when I called they didn't want to know.  I wonder if any of there customer service team is a member of this forum and reads here on a regular basis.  Well I  can only thank drones direct for there generous solution to my problem. Hugs to all for your assistance with the issue.

Glad to know Drone Direct arranged the refund to you and everything turns out to be great now, please keep us updated if there is any further issue, we are always here to help.
2018-4-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules