Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI Crystal Sky Hub and Mavic Advance Hub, which charger to get?
1371 14 2018-4-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
nutsnbolts
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

I just purchased a Crystal Sky 5.5 screen and I know it does not come with a charger. Unfortunately I have a Mavic Pro and Spark and from my understanding, no chargers that came with any of two is compatible. I don't have any of the Phantom drones so I'm out of luck of having anything that would be compatible.

The question I have is that based on the compatibility list. I know I can purchase any of the chargers that is on the list, however, out of all the chargers, which is the charger I need to get if in the future, I want to purchase the "advanced" version Mavic Charging hub. I may purchase this in the future but want to make sure whatever charger I get, it's compatible to both the Crystal Charging Hub and Mavic Advanced Hub.

Please help. It's not "crystal" clear so to speak I figured I'd ask before purchasing what I think it is and be all wrong with it.

2018-4-7
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Hi, there. I would recommend you use the recommended chargers mentioned in the website. Here is the screenshot for your reference.
CS charger.JPG
2018-4-9
Use props
nutsnbolts
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Hi I understand the recommendations but which of these work with the new advance Mavic battery hub?
2018-4-9
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

nutsnbolts Posted at 2018-4-9 16:26
Hi I understand the recommendations but which of these work with the new advance Mavic battery hub?

From what I have been able to dig out - None will.
Some of them have connectors that look like they will connect to Mavic Hub, but they will not.
I believe all of them output wrong voltage too.
2018-4-9
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-4-9 01:48
Hi, there. I would recommend you use the recommended chargers mentioned in the website. Here is the screenshot for your reference.

Which one of these is smallest in size?
I could not find any DJI specs that give H x W x L.
2018-4-9
Use props
nutsnbolts
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Yeah that's what I'm figuring. Either it will fit but won't have the wrong voltage or it just simply won't have the ability to support both the CS and Advance Mavic Charging Hub.
2018-4-9
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

nutsnbolts Posted at 2018-4-9 16:26

Please wait patiently, I will check it for you. Thanks for your support.
2018-4-9
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

nutsnbolts Posted at 2018-4-9 19:52
Yeah that's what I'm figuring. Either it will fit but won't have the wrong voltage or it just simply won't have the ability to support both the CS and Advance Mavic Charging Hub.

Thanks for your feedback. I will forward your requirement.  
2018-4-9
Use props
lannes
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

The advanced mavic charging hub works with battery charger that came with your Mavic Pro, so there is no need to get another charger specifically for it.

All you need to worry about is the charger for the CS battery hub, this is the cheapest option that works

https://www.amazon.com/Smatree-B ... antom+charger&psc=1

2018-4-10
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

lannes Posted at 2018-4-10 04:10
The advanced mavic charging hub works with battery charger that came with your Mavic Pro, so there is no need to get another charger specifically for it.

All you need to worry about is the charger for the CS battery hub, this is the cheapest option that works

Correct.

What some of us were trying to do is come up with one charger to do both.  Instead of having to carry two chargers.  Which is not possible with current chargers.

Now it is down to finding smallest charger that will charge CrystalSky batteries.  Problem is, DJI does not list size (H x W x L) of its chargers.  

2018-4-10
Use props
nutsnbolts
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

From my undrstanding, the Mavic Charger CAN work with the Advance Charging hub, however, it is not at it's full potential. In other words, the Advance charging hub will work the same way as a regular Mavic Charging Hub unless you have a more voltage/amp? charger brick. Something from a Phantom or Inspire.

This is the reason why I was going to live with the regular Mavic Charging Hub because in order to even take advantage of the "advanced" version, you will need to purchase not just the "advance" Mavic Hub but also a more powerful charger.

Now that I have a Crystal Sky, I figured, since I need to now purchase a Charger, I want to make sure I purchase one that will be compatible with the Mavic "advanced" charger so later on down the road, when I do decided to purchase the "advanced" charging hub, I have the charger for it.

Correct me if I'm wrong but hopefully you understand why I'm asking and making sure I buy one charger to accommodate both. Otherwise, I'm never (ok maybe not never ) going to buy that "advanced" version because of the additional charger i have to purchase.
2018-4-10
Use props
nutsnbolts
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

I added this to my list. Mixed Reviews but I noticed two connectors on it. I'm assuming the other connector is for the Phantom and not something you can use with the Mavic Hub? (advanced or not)
2018-4-10
Use props
nutsnbolts
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-4-10 07:31
Correct.

What some of us were trying to do is come up with one charger to do both.  Instead of having to carry two chargers.  Which is not possible with current chargers.

Right, I prefer something smaller if possible and after going through forums/posts after forums/posts, it doesn't seem like there is a charger that can support both the CS and Mavic.

So the next question, which one is the smaller out of all of them.
2018-4-10
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

nutsnbolts Posted at 2018-4-9 19:52

Hi, there. Mavic Air battery hub can only use its original charger. Any other doubt, please let us know.
2018-4-10
Use props
nutsnbolts
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Just an update on this post in case folks stumble upon it. If you want to use the Mavic Advance Charging Hub and the Crystal Sky, you should purchase the Phantom 4 Charger. As far as the standard Mavic Charger, you can leave that home with the charger that came with it. The Phantom charger can use the Advance Charging hub and Crystal Sky Hub so you only need to bring one charger when traveling. Unfortunately, you can't use the standard charger that came with the Mavic with the Crystal Sky and the advance hub if you purchase that. It's not necessary to get the Advance Mavic Charging  hub but it's an option in case in the future you decide to purchase it, you'll have the charger to charge it.
2018-4-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules