908 19 2018-4-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Craig44
lvl.1
Flight distance : 54941 ft
United Kingdom

Hi,

So I received the Mavic Air yesterday and I'm absolutely amazed at the performance of this device. Taking things very slow but I'm thoroughly enjoying it, my only gripe is that you don't get a hard copy of the full manual with the drone, I had loads of manuals regarding all the little accessories (Even the propellers guards ) but not the manual I need.

I'm using a Nexus 5 to fly which has worked flawlessly although it doesn't play well when it comes to the cables, damn socket on the phone is flipped. I may buy a cheap iPhone 6 just for piloting this.

Anyway, came to say Hi and to say this is an incredible drone, really impressed!

2018-4-8
Use props
DJI Grace
Administrator
Flight distance : 405039 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

so glad to hear you sharing this here! Look forward to seeing your work!
2018-4-8
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 10017858 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Good luck you will certainly enjoy it, you really should read the full manual you can download from opening page on this app.
2018-4-8
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft

Congratulations and always happy landings! Yes the Air is an amazing aircraft. You can find the full user manual here: https://www.dji.com/mavic-air/info#downloads
2018-4-8
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 14177772 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Congrats - it does look like a great drone!
2018-4-8
Use props
Craig44
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Thanks for pointing me in the direction of the manual. I have been referring to that but I'm a little old school and love the hard copies.

2018-4-8
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 14177772 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

You can always print it off
2018-4-8
Use props
Face-AcheNZ
lvl.4
Flight distance : 96631 ft
New Zealand

Don’t forget that any hard copy would likely be out of date as soon as a new firmware is released for the device. I think I recall that the very important RTH procedure had been amended in a recent online manual.
2018-4-8
Use props
M2Wair
First Officer
Flight distance : 1192231 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Congratulations, it is a fabulous little drone in every respect. Like others have said, read the manual and get to know the drone, watch as many tutorials as you can, especially concerning wind and how to combat wind direction changes. Fly within VLOS and remember never take off until you here the app tell you YOUR HOMEPOINT HAS BEEN RECORDED PLEASE CHECK IT ON THE MAP and do check it and make sure you app RTH functions/settings are set correctly.

ENJOY
2018-4-8
Use props
QuadKid
First Officer
Flight distance : 482349 ft
United States

Welcome, WB directed you to the User Manual, just check it every so often for any updated versions. If you can't find the answer your looking for this forum provides infinite real time issues and resolutions. Enjoy your new Quad and go slow before you go, go!
2018-4-8
Use props
Bill B
lvl.4
Flight distance : 319245 ft
United States

Welcome, Hope you have good luck with your Air, and Enjoy the adventure. You are smart taking it slowly at the start. This community is a great resource if you need assistance.
2018-4-8
Use props
chiplifter
Second Officer
Flight distance : 745180 ft
Sri Lanka

Welcome to the drone world. A hardcopy of the manual would probably be outdated after first update.
2018-4-8
Use props
msinger
Captain
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

Welcome to the forum!
2018-4-8
Use props
Mountaindrone
First Officer
Flight distance : 27577845 ft
  • >>>

enjoy with your new camera !
2018-4-8
Use props
theinvisibledog
lvl.3
Flight distance : 4439 ft

Hi Fellow UK Pilot,

It is a great piece of kit
Had mine a few weeks but not flown much yet, due to typical UK climate, but all has been good so far
Worth checking YouTube, etc. for info and tutorials on functions and getting the best from the camera
There's no substitute for getting out and trying stuff tho', can see lots of playing to get the hang of all the Intelligent Flight modes...

I'm using a Nexus 6P and it has been faultless, in the controller and out
USB-C so no orientation issues for me
DJI do have a reverse cable which might work for you

Enjoy!
2018-4-8
Use props
Giant53
lvl.4
Flight distance : 31565 ft
Netherlands

Yes I can confirm that the reverse cable works perfectly with the LG Nexus 5. I had this phone laying around and it is usefull now as permanent screen for my RC.
2018-4-8
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Congratulations on your first drone, it is recommended to read the user manual more than once, to make a preflight checklist as the video below shows, take care and fly safely, hope you have a good time on flying the drone.

2018-4-8
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13498560 ft
  • >>>
South Africa

Congrats and have fun with the Drone, Be Safe
2018-4-8
Use props
Marian
lvl.4
Flight distance : 340597 ft

Hi Craig and welcome.

Enjoy your drone and get some amazing footage.
2018-4-8
Use props
Craig44
lvl.1
United Kingdom

theinvisibledog Posted at 2018-4-8 04:18
Hi Fellow UK Pilot,

It is a great piece of kit

Oh awesome, thanks for suggestion on the cable. It has already been purchased. I'm glad these cables exists, the cable I was using wasn't great for controlling the drones and prone to disconnecting the phones from the RC.

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome, aren't you a friendly bunch
2018-4-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules