Battery update
2621 12 2014-10-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
nikolaospapista
lvl.2

Greece

Hi to all of you.
I have one phantom 2 (buy before 4 days) and i make the update from 3.06 to 3.08 new firmware with 3.4 assist.I see that he dont have batt update and i read here in forum that he need to run the old asist 3.2 to make the bat update first....so i run the 3.2 asist and he said no battery update (he can not find any update for battery).The battery is 2.0.0 vers in the update asist screen.Any help please?
2014-10-30
Use props
DJI-Blair
lvl.2

China

Hi Nik,please pay close attention to our official website.
2014-10-31
Use props
DJI-Blair
lvl.2

China

Hi Nik,please pay close attention to our official website.
Thanks~
2014-10-31
Use props
nikolaospapista
lvl.2

Greece

Link please?I search everything.
2014-10-31
Use props
swomilan
lvl.4

Mexico

Check the release notes in the Phantom model specific download section
2014-10-31
Use props
nikolaospapista
lvl.2

Greece

Yes i see it.Thanks
2014-10-31
Use props
ianwood
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5236 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Blair or anyone at DJI,

I've looked on the site and can find very little information to clarify the confusion. Can we please get some straight answers in terms of the changes for the batteries? Everyone is completely confused. Does the firmware update apply to current batteries or not? What is the auto-discharging feature? How does it work? What batteries does it apply to?

Thank you.
2014-10-31
Use props
nikolaospapista
lvl.2

Greece

Well....everything its ok with new 3.6 asist.And the batt also.Thanks dji.
About auto discharge.....the notes said that if you have a batt full charge and dont use...after 10 days make auto storage.After 15 years into rc and 10 years into rc heli i thing its a lot the 10 days.My opinion is 2 days without run the batt.
2014-10-31
Use props
DJI-Blair
lvl.2

China

Glad to hear it works.
The new battery firmware v2.6.0.0 can be used on the previous batteries except  the battery with loader of v1.3.0.0 or firmware of v1.6.0.0
As we know,for long term storage, it's recomended to place the battery with only a 40%-50% charge in a storage box.
When a battery is full charged but does not operate in 10 days, it will auto-discharge.
2014-11-3
Use props
swomilan
lvl.4

Mexico

Blair,  does this new auto-discharge after 10 days apply to all batteries that could be updated to firmware V2.6.0.0?
2014-11-3
Use props
DJI-Blair
lvl.2

China

Yes Swomilan,batteries with firmware V2.6 all have auto-discharge function.
2014-11-4
Use props
nikolaospapista
lvl.2

Greece

For working auto discharge he need the battery to place into the phantom or he make also and alone (battery into storage lipo bag guard)?
2014-11-4
Use props
swomilan
lvl.4

Mexico

DJI-Blair Posted at 2014-11-4 19:06
Yes Swomilan,batteries with firmware V2.6 all have auto-discharge function.

Thanks Blair,  does the autodischarge timer get reset every time the battery is powered on, or otherwise (please specify)?
Also what is the internal discharge current and to what level/voltage  does it discharge to before it stops?

Thanks in advance
2014-11-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules