IMU calibration - where are advanced settings?
868 14 2018-4-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
skipperscott
lvl.1
United Kingdom

I viewed the support video at but the 3 dots in top right bring up GENERAL SETTINGS, NOT Main Settings, and there is no Advanced Settings listing.
Advice please.
2018-4-8
Use props
msinger
Captain
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

After connecting your Mavic Air to DJI GO, you'll find the button to calibrate the IMU Here:

2018-4-8
Use props
skipperscott
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Nope, I just did that again and it gives me GENERAL settings - NOT main (and as I said, no advanced option.
2018-4-8
Use props
Jeff7577
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1916821 ft
United States

You don’t see the menu on the left with the drone icon?
2018-4-8
Use props
skipperscott
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Ah! Different to the video but thanks, that gets me to Advanced/Sensors/Calibration.
Done that, it now seems to be stuck on 2/6 (2 mins & counting), is that normal?
2018-4-8
Use props
skipperscott
lvl.1
United Kingdom

skipperscott Posted at 2018-4-8 08:19
Ah! Different to the video but thanks, that gets me to Advanced/Sensors/Calibration.
Done that, it now seems to be stuck on 2/6 (2 mins & counting), is that normal?

Calibration stuck on 2/6 for 7 minutes now - is this normal?
2018-4-8
Use props
skipperscott
lvl.1
United Kingdom

skipperscott Posted at 2018-4-8 08:26
Calibration stuck on 2/6 for 7 minutes now - is this normal?

Stuck for 10 mins now, and Controller needs charging yet again... And the aircraft battery.
One day I'll get flying instead of trying to update, setup, and recharge, maybe...
I could be cured of my desire for a drone if I have another weekend like this. It's only when I see the great footage you guys are producing I know it MUST be worth it...
And I thought this would be fun!
2018-4-8
Use props
nmac
lvl.4
Flight distance : 256 ft

on step two did you have it flat or on its side.  I say this because i have seen many that miss took the pic and turned it instead of on its side.  i was one.
2018-4-8
Use props
skipperscott
lvl.1
United Kingdom

I understand now. My error (as expected). I'll get back to this in the morning. Thanks.
2018-4-8
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

skipperscott Posted at 2018-4-8 14:35
I understand now. My error (as expected). I'll get back to this in the morning. Thanks.

Hi there, I'm sorry to reply you late. Hope everything will be fine soon. If there is any further issue, please feel free to let us know, we'll here for help. Thanks!
2018-4-8
Use props
skipperscott
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Hi Diana, I managed to calibrate this morning (simple now I understand).
I just had a beginner flight. All went well until I was told battery low, battery low, and it shot up vertically into high branches of a tree it was under at that moment, hit a branch  and crashed to roadway beneath, upside down... Not good. I shall change propellers (broken), replace the battery & see if it still works after lunch ( too much in shock now!).
Scott
2018-4-9
Use props
QuadKid
First Officer
Flight distance : 482349 ft
United States

skipperscott Posted at 2018-4-9 03:41
Hi Diana, I managed to calibrate this morning (simple now I understand).
I just had a beginner flight. All went well until I was told battery low, battery low, and it shot up vertically into high branches of a tree it was under at that moment, hit a branch  and crashed to roadway beneath, upside down... Not good. I shall change propellers (broken), replace the battery & see if it still works after lunch ( too much in shock now!).
Scott

Always bring the drone home when you hear Low Battery Warning, I have mine set at 35% so as not to trigger Failsafe RTH, it sounds like yours was triggered and it flew up to the preset RTH Altitude as it was under a tree. When flying under trees, bridges ect.. I always set my RTH function to Hover this will give you time to cancel RTH and fly it back.
2018-4-9
Use props
skipperscott
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Oh boy.
Front left motor is stiff to rotate, not free any more...
I guess that's a send back to base repair job.
2018-4-9
Use props
nmac
lvl.4

Sorry to hear about crash but glad you got your imu cal done.  Many new ones are in a hurry to get into air and do not or skim quickly over manuals and that's when things go bad. I am also new but i took the time to read as much as i could and watched many videos so i would have more info and know much more and it has paid off. I think if you would have known much more about the app your crash would not have happened. I hope you get a chance to watch and read more on it and you will see what can go wrong and prevent.   hope all goes good for you.
2018-4-9
Use props
nmac
lvl.4

BTW  there are some good videos that explain the RTH in full detail that all can understand.
2018-4-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules