Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Weak Image Transmission
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
helidan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 459951 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

How are you all finding the range and live view stability on the P4A+?

I conducted the first test flights earlier and although the drone is handling well I'm getting some image transmission warnings at places my old P3A would have a rock solid link.

To be fair a couple of the areas I tested at might have been down to 2.4g wifi interference but I did do one run to 1.5KM over the coast and I did get one warning message but moving away from my car and repositioning the controller antennas seemed to lock everything back in.

Airdata UAV flight log analysis is not showing up anything out of the ordinary and minor signal errors are at comparible levels to my old Phantom 3.

So can I generally expect a bit less range on the P4A?  Is it a bit more fussy with regards to antenna placement?

Side note, VERY impressed with the camera.  I fired off a few test shots in auto and was well impressed with the IQ.

2018-4-8
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hey Helidan, sorry for the late response. Did you check the image transmission page when the warning pops up? Alternatively, you can change to another open place without interference to see.
2018-4-15
Use props
helidan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 459951 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I'll be honest I didn't think to check the transmission page during weak signal warnings.  During the next bit of good weather I intend to carry out a series of tests to check the stability of the live feed and try and ascertain if the drone is performing to specification.  I'll do my tests flying out to sea from an isolated coast where I know interference will not be present.
2018-4-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules