Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
camera issues recently after update
49897 15 2018-4-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
artDragoon
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3615768 ft
  • >>>
United States

So I'm going to go out on a limb here and call this a bad issue with my camera on the Phantom 4 pro. I have tried downgrading firmware as well as updating it multiple times and no fix. It would appear something is wrong with my camera after the last update to the device. There are vertical lines in the overexposed areas in the pictures as well on the video. Also the video has serious image tearing and studders at times when turning sharp. It has never been that way before.

Any ideas on what I can do to fix this issue?

2018-4-8
Use props
artDragoon
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

2018-4-8
Use props
artDragoon
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

2018-4-8
Use props
artDragoon
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Youtube video is almost done processing...but link will be here:
2018-4-8
Use props
ALABAMA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Wow, I think I would send that one in. Something major wrong.
2018-4-8
Use props
QuadKid
Second Officer
Flight distance : 482349 ft
United States

artDragoon Posted at 2018-4-8 15:35
Youtube video is almost done processing...but link will be here: Youtube Video

Is this off the SD card?
2018-4-8
Use props
artDragoon
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

QuadKid Posted at 2018-4-8 16:13
Is this off the SD card?

Yes. These are the jpgs. I also have the dng files...same problem.
2018-4-8
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

I'm sorry to read your post. It looks like the camera issue, and I'm afraid that it cannot be figured out remotely. Please kindly start a case and send it in for repair: https://www.dji.com/support
If you need any further assistance, feel free to contact us with your case number, we'd like to help.
2018-4-8
Use props
KedDK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

similar issues has been reported before, not sure of the outcome on those.
Does it make any difference if you disable the mechanical shutter?
Before sending it away (noticed your experience with this too) then try if not done already to remove your SD from the aircraft and initiate a factory reset from Assistant 2 followed by a FW refresh still without SD mounted and see if that does it.
2018-4-9
Use props
artDragoon
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

KedDK Posted at 2018-4-9 01:52
similar issues has been reported before, not sure of the outcome on those.
Does it make any difference if you disable the mechanical shutter?
Before sending it away (noticed your experience with this too) then try if not done already to remove your SD from the aircraft and initiate a factory reset from Assistant 2 followed by a FW refresh still without SD mounted and see if that does it.

Thanks for reply. I did try those things already to no avail. Something is borked I'm afraid
2018-4-9
Use props
KedDK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

artDragoon Posted at 2018-4-9 07:49
Thanks for reply. I did try those things already to no avail.  Something is borked I'm afraid

I'm so sorry of that on your behalf ...
2018-4-9
Use props
McMiRA
lvl.1
Flight distance : 177346 ft
United States

I have a p4p+ and mine is doing the exact same thing. Only started after last update I had no issues previously. Fly it through about 3 batteries a day3-4 days a week. Have been since Last summer when I bought it. Now after the update I get the same issue even with over exposure warning turned off. Have been through all the setting and a camera reset and even tried to reload firmware without any change. . Also I have almost no reception for video unless I’m very close to the bird. On occasion the gimble  will pan on its own. Hope someon figures this out. I use it for work. It was fine until the update.
2018-4-9
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

artDragoon Posted at 2018-4-9 07:49
Thanks for reply. I did try those things already to no avail.  Something is borked I'm afraid

Yes, quite correct. This fault is reported here from time to time, and the only cure for it is to return the aircraft to DJI for repair.
2018-4-9
Use props
artDragoon
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Geebax Posted at 2018-4-9 17:10
Yes, quite correct. This fault is reported here from time to time, and the only cure for it is to return the aircraft to DJI for repair.

Sad thing is this will probably be labeled my fault......
2018-4-9
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

artDragoon Posted at 2018-4-9 17:13
Sad thing is this will probably be labeled my fault......

I should hope it is not, after it is not the first time this fault has been reported, and it is after all, a fault in the camera.
2018-4-9
Use props
RHGa2017
lvl.2
Flight distance : 147375 ft
  • >>>
United States

After you got it back from DJI, what did they say was the reason?  I am having the exact same issue and am planning to send it to DJI on Monday unless I find another solution.  
2020-10-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules