2132 6 2018-4-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Kokok
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1802159 ft
Philippines

Hi,

I've noticed a crack on one of my landing gear of my Inspire 1. Please see picture for reference.

Based on videos, I saw that the case of the landing gear is not actually the motor mount. Rather, the landing gear case bolts on to the motor mount. Question is, will this be safe to fly? If the crack was on the motor mount ofcourse the aircraft is grounded immediately. But, since the crack is only on the landing gear case... I know any defect must be replaced immediately but I have a shoot for a client this coming weekend and will be using the Inspire 1 for that (no option for other drones).

Will be ordering replacement parts asap. Is the right replacement part the DJI Inspire spare part no. 9?

Thanks!

30174437_1940608762616238_808890792_o.jpg
2018-4-9
Use props
Kokok
lvl.4
Philippines

additional question regarding the replacement spare part no. 9 landing gear.... does this come with a front or rear specific part? my concern is the LED in them... there's red for the front and green for the back so im thinking there might be a specific front and rear part.

thanks!
2018-4-9
Use props
Henry M.Y.
Second Officer
Flight distance : 11548839 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Hi Kokok,

Not sure whether your cracks were caused by stress from external impact or by stress from aging (bulging) internal electrolytic capacitors. If I were you, I would ground the concerned Inspire 1 and verify it cautiously.

I have no idea from where you have been given any offer of replacement landing gear (original replacement part from DJI? or from other third party?) but it appears to me that both your existing antenna and existing LED can be swapped to any replacement landing gear available to you with some simple soldering works and gluing works respectively.

Henry

The 2 cylinder type electrolytic capacitors of the ESC are situated behind your cracked landing gear ...

The 2 cylinder type electrolytic capacitors of the ESC are situated behind your cracked landing gear ...
2018-4-9
Use props
Aeromirage
First Officer
Flight distance : 1778045 ft
  • >>>

This looks pretty bad. I wouldn't fly it until repaired.
There are 4 screws that mount the motor. 2 on either side.
Can you move the motor side to side?  
Landing gear are interchangeable. The color of the led is determined by the circuitry. They have the ability to change color.
Yes, it is spare part #9

https://www.ebay.com/itm/DJI-Ins ... :g:YH0AAOSwWntXM2zM
DJI Inspire 1/V2.0/PRO T600 T601 Drone Part 9 Landing Gear w/ LED, Antenna, Screw
This is intended for use with the Inspire 1 /V2.0/ PRO/RAW series only, and can be installed into any of the four positions.

zzzc.jpg
2018-4-9
Use props
Kokok
lvl.4
Philippines

Thanks for all your responses. Much much appreciated.

Will strip it down later today to determine the extent of the damage. Upon initial examination, the motor is still mounted securely without any hint of movement or wobble.

will revert here for updates and/or additional queries.

Thanks!
2018-4-9
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi Kokok, I'm sorry to hear about the issue that you are experiencing. For the flight safety purpose, you are recommended to contact our support and send it in for full diagnosis: https://www.dji.com/support, thanks!
2018-4-10
Use props
Kokok
lvl.4
Philippines

Hi,

I have decided to perform the replacement myself. Still waiting for the parts to arrive.

Researching on the replacement process of the landing gear, I found out that it requires desoldering/soldering of the antenna panels on the legs. While I have a decent soldering skills, will there be any warning on the app if I did not solder the antenna properly? like an error message?

Thanks!
2018-4-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules