Flight distance : 1187257 ft
Australia

Way too scary for me!
2018-4-9
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

It is recommended to fly the drone in an outdoor open area. Take care and fly safely.
2018-4-9
Use props
droneflyer101
lvl.4
United Kingdom

DJI Diana Posted at 2018-4-9 03:11
It is recommended to fly the drone in an outdoor open area.  Take care and fly safely.

Watch the video Dianaz
2018-4-9
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
South Africa

I would not chance that especially with My Pro, maybe spark but to easy to lose stability and crash into something and make stupid mistakes.
2018-4-9
Use props
eddieNoob
lvl.4
United States

"Don't do it unless necessary."  
What would qualify as 'necessary'?
For me: something like 'saving the life of a small child'.
Possible, but near vanishingly rare.
2018-4-9
Use props
mooreheadproduc
lvl.2

United Kingdom

eddieNoob Posted at 2018-4-9 03:35
"Don't do it unless necessary."  
What would qualify as 'necessary'?
For me: something like 'saving the life of a small child'.

Not sure I agree with you tbh You could be doing it for a client?
2018-4-9
Use props
eddieNoob
lvl.4
United States

mooreheadproduc Posted at 2018-4-9 03:40
Not sure I agree with you tbh You could be doing it for a client?

Find a different client, perhaps.  
2018-4-9
Use props
G_Sig
First Officer
Flight distance : 9109311 ft
Iceland

Suren Posted at 2018-4-9 03:24
I would not chance that especially with My Pro, maybe spark but to easy to lose stability and crash into something and make stupid mistakes.

It's easy when you have open space but this house was rather scary.
2018-4-9
Use props
eddieNoob
lvl.4
United States

To me, 'Indoors' means in a home or someplace with relatively small rooms. In a gymnasium or aircraft hangar, perhaps flying could be suitable, but I'd need a pretty compelling reason.
2018-4-9
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
South Africa

G_Sig Posted at 2018-4-9 03:51
It's easy when you have open space but this house was rather scary.
[view_image]

OH, I would never fly in here
2018-4-9
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Not something I do these days. Best to get outside and fly safely.
2018-4-9
Use props
G_Sig
First Officer
Iceland

Suren Posted at 2018-4-9 03:56
OH, I would never fly in here

Wanted to use my old P3S to do this but the compass in P3S did not like all the iron around.
Have been filming there from the day they started to build and this was the last day.
2018-4-9
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
South Africa

G_Sig Posted at 2018-4-9 04:14
Wanted to use my old P3S to do this but the compass in P3S did not like all the iron around.
Have been filming there from the day they started to build and this was the last day.

I don't think any drone would like it.
2018-4-9
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>

Yes definitely not flying indoors, unless it's my racing drone, but never my Mavic.
2018-4-9
Use props
Kotsev
lvl.3
Flight distance : 135387 ft
Bulgaria

In my opinion indoors flying can be indeed really risky. I've bought my Mavic Air before a month and of course wanted to take him out for a spin but it was raining outside. My plan was to perform just indoor takeoff and landing without moving around but that was very stupid of me. There was some breeze from window and my drone almost hit an object. Hopefully I did managed to steer him away by some crazy miracle and didn't hit anything. At this point I was not familiar how to turn on obstacle avoidance and it was my first hands-on on DJI..... so yes in a nutshell - unless you are experienced and know what you are doing go outside and if weather is not good - it's worth waiting than to crash your drone indoors!
2018-4-9
Use props
G_Sig
First Officer
Iceland

Kotsev Posted at 2018-4-9 04:50
In my opinion indoors flying can be indeed really risky. I've bought my Mavic Air before a month and of course wanted to take him out for a spin but it was raining outside. My plan was to perform just indoor takeoff and landing without moving around but that was very stupid of me. There was some breeze from window and my drone almost hit an object. Hopefully I did managed to steer him away by some crazy miracle and didn't hit anything. At this point I was not familiar how to turn on obstacle avoidance and it was my first hands-on on DJI..... so yes in a nutshell - unless you are experienced and know what you are doing go outside and if weather is not good - it's worth waiting than to crash your drone indoors!

If you are flying inside bee sure to use Tripod mode, prop guards and set RTH to hoover.
Before I fly I always walk around with the MP turned on and watch the compass side in the app to see if there is any compass error in some part of the house.
2018-4-9
Use props
tomkrist
lvl.3
Flight distance : 276473 ft
Norway

Thats why i bought the Tello
2018-4-9
Use props
Picanoc Jack
First Officer
Flight distance : 10321657 ft
Canada

nope not for me either,  was tempted but when you look at the chances you'd be taking in damaging your drone,  nah I don't think so,  stay outside!
2018-4-9
Use props
STRIDE8
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1382431 ft
United States

Its great.. Tripod mode and don't fly too close to anything
2018-4-9
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Kotsev Posted at 2018-4-9 04:50
In my opinion indoors flying can be indeed really risky. I've bought my Mavic Air before a month and of course wanted to take him out for a spin but it was raining outside. My plan was to perform just indoor takeoff and landing without moving around but that was very stupid of me. There was some breeze from window and my drone almost hit an object. Hopefully I did managed to steer him away by some crazy miracle and didn't hit anything. At this point I was not familiar how to turn on obstacle avoidance and it was my first hands-on on DJI..... so yes in a nutshell - unless you are experienced and know what you are doing go outside and if weather is not good - it's worth waiting than to crash your drone indoors!

Yes, please take good care of your drone, choose an outdoor open area to fly it. It's worth waiting if the weather is not good.
2018-4-9
Use props
Heliguy
New
United Kingdom

Thanks for sharing our video, we always recommend not flying indoors unless you are confident and familiar with the controls. Always get experience from flying outdoors first in large open areas where you can get used to the controls.
2018-4-10
Use props
M2Wair
First Officer
Flight distance : 1192231 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Vast expanse of the sky.... why fly indoors and risk your drone/property. The crap doing it's for a client doesn't wash with me, use a ladder and an osmo or don't take the job on... Risk assessment number 1 health and safety... is it safe...hello no, don't do it.  lol
2018-4-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules