Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Smartphone won't connect to Mavic Pro RC
9626 10 2018-4-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Inydar
lvl.1

Djibouti

Hello,
Since last update of Dji Go 4 on Android, I am unable to connect any phone to the RC.
I tried it on my Honor 5C, which worked fine since the update, and also installed the app on a Samsung Galaxy S8. Both remain disconnected.
I tried many restarts of all the elements, switched cables, nothing works so far.
The only thing working is wifi link between smartphone and drone, or using a friend's iPad...
Are there known bugs in your app (I mean new ones, apart from usual failures) ?
Thanks in advance for any answer you could provide.
Alex
2018-4-9
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi Alex, I'm sorry to hear about the issue that you are experiencing. I'd like to confirm that did your friend's iPad can contact the Mavic pro RC successfully? If yes, then it is not the issue of the app and the remote controller. Thanks!
2018-4-9
Use props
Inydar
lvl.1

Djibouti

My 2 Android phones with Dji Go 4 v4.2.8 wont connect on any Mavic Pro (I tried on 2 different friends Mavic Pro), but the iPad of one friend is able to connect to my Mavic Pro RC.
The only common point between failures is Android version 4.2.8 of Dji Go 4...
So now, if this "is not the issue of the app and the remote controller", I would really like to know where the problem is. Cause as I said in my previous post, I tried 2 different smartphones, and many different USB cables...
2018-4-9
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
South Africa

Hi Alex. The new App works for most with little to no issues. I use an iPhone 6s+ and Samsung S8 to fly and have no issues connecting. Are you using the standard cables that were shipped to you with the Drone, if yes use your original phone cable and connect it to the bottom usb port of the Rc but ensure the cable to the side port is completely removed first.
2018-4-9
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Inydar Posted at 2018-4-9 03:26
My 2 Android phones with Dji Go 4 v4.2.8 wont connect on any Mavic Pro (I tried on 2 different friends Mavic Pro), but the iPad of one friend is able to connect to my Mavic Pro RC.
The only common point between failures is Android version 4.2.8 of Dji Go 4...
So now, if this "is not the issue of the app and the remote controller", I would really like to know where the problem is. Cause as I said in my previous post, I tried 2 different smartphones, and many different USB cables...

Did you try to change an USB cable to connect your RC with phone? You can reinstall the app and see if it works. Please provide a screenshot of the image screen and I would help you forward it.
2018-4-9
Use props
Inydar
lvl.1

Djibouti

Here is the screen I get locked on when I try to run Dji Go 4 with any of my phones...

To answer other questions, yes, I tried all types of USB cables, and none was working on any of my phones.
I'm trying to get an older version of Dji Go 4, as it works perfectly on my LG GTab with v4.1.22. Maybe downgrading your app will solve my problem...
2018-4-9
Use props
Ahmed Hussain
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1339761 ft
  • >>>
Kuwait

It is the cable.

Make sure your cable is working good with a freind's mavic.
2018-4-9
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Ahmed Hussain Posted at 2018-4-9 09:30
It is the cable.

Make sure your cable is working good with a freind's mavic.

Yes, in order to do the troubleshooting and make sure there is no issue of the cable, it is recommended to try the cable with a friend's Mavic to check if it works well.
2018-4-9
Use props
Inydar
lvl.1

Djibouti

Problem solved, went back to v4.2.4 and everything works perfectly, with the same cables.

Anyway, thanks for the advices.
2018-4-12
Use props
djiuser_co4LxP5BlZiw
New

United Kingdom

Thanks for the suggestion its really knowledgeable thread.
2018-4-13
Use props
Bulldog
lvl.4
Flight distance : 816158 ft
United States

DJI strikes again. STill haven't fixed this problem DJI?
2018-4-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules