Camera cap removal for Polar Pro filters
1240 8 2018-4-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bokepacha
lvl.4
Flight distance : 149265 ft

Hi!

I bought some Polar Pro vivid filters and I tried today to remove the lens cap from the drone, but, to my surprise, it´s incredibly hard and I can´t unscrew it at all! I am doing more force that I am comfortable with and it´s not even moving at all. I tried with a rubber band and nothing. I don´t really know what to try, but applying more force might break it or damage the gimbal even if I try to hold it with the other hand.

Any hint? Has it been so hard for anyone else?

2018-4-9
Use props
msinger
Captain
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

It'll be easiest to remove if you position three fingers around the outside of the ring (as shown below) to allow an even amount of pressure to be applied while turning it counterclockwise. If you attempt to use a lot of force, it probably won't budge.

2018-4-9
Use props
RGMGFitness
First Officer
Flight distance : 233757 ft
  • >>>
United States

I was going to suggest the old 'rubber band' trick, but seems you've tried that already.  I'll admit mine was tough to get off as well.  Got a little nervous myself that I was being a little to aggresive with it but finally got it.  I just did a video on it here but that doesn't help you with your problem.  All i can suggeset is have someone else try and maybe they'll have more luck.  Might just be the way your holding it....flip it upside down, try a nice THICK rubber band wrapped around it.  It's like a jar of pickles and see if one of your buddies can give it a shot.  I get it....the mavic's not cheap...

2018-4-9
Use props
Bokepacha
lvl.4

I am currently wearing a glove, which is giving me way better grip and yet it's not even moving at all. I tried with 3 finger, 4 finger...nothing. I'll try a few more times but it's going to be tricky!

Thanks everyone.
2018-4-9
Use props
Bokepacha
lvl.4

Good news! I tried with he left hand (for that chance of different grip) and I could unlock it. IT WAS REALLY HARD SCREWED!!!

Thanks guys!
2018-4-9
Use props
RGMGFitness
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Keep us posted.  You make a good point, that these can be tough to remove sometimes.  It's worth knowing as I'm sure others will and have run into similar issues.  I would set it down for a few minutes and come back to it.  It may just be the slightest adjustment to the way your holding it.  Or, the darn thing may just be to tight when it was installed.  Hang in there....
2018-4-9
Use props
Bokepacha
lvl.4

RGMGFitness Posted at 2018-4-9 12:35
Keep us posted.  You make a good point, that these can be tough to remove sometimes.  It's worth knowing as I'm sure others will and have run into similar issues.  I would set it down for a few minutes and come back to it.  It may just be the slightest adjustment to the way your holding it.  Or, the darn thing may just be to tight when it was installed.  Hang in there....

Yeah, check the answer I posted right before you. I applied force with the left hand and a glove and the different grip from the fingers in a different position gave me the final "clack" that unlocked it
2018-4-9
Use props
RGMGFitness
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Bokepacha Posted at 2018-4-9 12:41
Yeah, check the answer I posted right before you. I applied force with the left hand and a glove and the different grip from the fingers in a different position gave me the final "clack" that unlocked it

Nice! Glad to hear you got it.  
2018-4-9
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Bokepacha Posted at 2018-4-9 12:41

Great! Thanks for your update.
2018-4-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules