Drone Sky Hook for Mavic Pro
3786 14 2018-4-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Silver Surfer
lvl.4
Flight distance : 46283 ft
United States

I purchased a Drone Sky Hook for my Mavic Platinum and will be getting it delivered between 4/10 and 4/13/2018.
I was wondering if anyone has had any experience  with one that can give me some feed back

I intend to use it for Surf fishing etc...
2018-4-9
Use props
jayh410
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11266 ft
United States

wow, that's really a thing?  Is it right or left handed?  https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Sky%20hook  
2018-4-10
Use props
jayh410
lvl.4
United States

jayh410 Posted at 2018-4-10 04:52
wow, that's really a thing?  Is it right or left handed?  https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Sky%20hook

BTW, I looked it up, and it appears to be a real thing now.  I guess the idea is to drop your hook out past the surf line via drone?  
2018-4-10
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>

Where did you order it from? been looking to get one.
2018-4-10
Use props
B1houdini
First Officer
Flight distance : 927927 ft
United States

I never got one but it intrigued me. I decided to try to construct one.
Here is my circuit that I just got working the other day. Now I have to build some type of platform for it to attach to the MP.
2018-4-10
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

B1houdini Posted at 2018-4-10 07:55
I never got one but it intrigued me. I decided to try to construct one.
Here is my circuit that I just got working the other day. Now I have to build some type of platform for it to attach to the MP.
[view_image]

Cool! It's amazing where this hobby takes you
2018-4-10
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

In the past I have used Phototransistors, instead of photoresistors, to drive relays and triacs.

When you make the mount for photoresitor, make sure there is not to much Light leakage around photoresistor, else you will have problems with false triggers due to Sunlight.
Underwater camera housing and separate flash housing I built many moons ago for SLR camera had a slight light leakage problem.  The flash going off could cause another flash of strobe.
2018-4-10
Use props
B1houdini
First Officer
United States

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-4-10 08:18
In the past I have used Phototransistors, instead of photoresistors, to drive relays and triacs.

When you make the mount for photoresitor, make sure there is not to much Light leakage around photoresistor, else you will have problems with false triggers due to Sunlight.

Thanks for the helpful suggestion. I have been looking for some type of mount for the  photoresistor. So far haven't found exactly what I need.
I do have a phototransistor I can use in it's place. Might see if it works better.
2018-4-10
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

B1houdini Posted at 2018-4-10 13:05
Thanks for the helpful suggestion. I have been looking for some type of mount for the  photoresistor. So far haven't found exactly what I need.
I do have a phototransistor I can use in it's place. Might see if it works better.

I have been looking for some type of mount for the  photoresistor  

Made mine out of black plexiglass.  The phototransitors and photodiodes were glued into plexiglass.  
After wires were solder and connections veried, expoy was use to ensure a water tight seal.  
Used rubber bands around two nylon screws to hold plexiglass to bottom of camera housing tray.
The materials were picked because easy to work with and immune to salt water.
2018-4-10
Use props
Silver Surfer
lvl.4
Canada

Woe Posted at 2018-4-10 05:53
Where did you order it from? been looking to get one.

Hey Aerial Drone Pilot, I ordered it from a company in Israel called Drone Sky Hook Ltd.  Ordered it from E-Bay.  
You can check it out on YouTube or go to their web site:  https://www.droneskyhook.com/product-support
They make them for Mavic Pro, Phantom 4 and Phantom 3...   

Check it out and it's no Urban Legend like jayh410 seems to think ???!!!!!!!

2018-4-10
Use props
jayh410
lvl.4
United States

Silver Surfer Posted at 2018-4-10 16:08
Hey Aerial Drone Pilot, I ordered it from a company in Israel called Drone Sky Hook Ltd.  Ordered it from E-Bay.  
You can check it out on YouTube or go to their web site:  https://www.droneskyhook.com/product-support
They make them for Mavic Pro, Phantom 4 and Phantom 3...   

Not that it's urban legend, but that someone took an old term, familiar to some of us ex military folk especially, and used it to brand their product.  Pretty clever especially since the function fits the name pretty well.
  I actually checked the site when I first saw this post because I wasn't sure if it was a joke or not.  Interesting product and the design of the release mechanism is cool.  I'd love to see a review once someones been using it for a couple of weeks.  
2018-4-11
Use props
B1houdini
First Officer
United States

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-4-10 15:49
I have been looking for some type of mount for the  photoresistor  

Made mine out of black plexiglass.  The phototransitors and photodiodes were glued into plexiglass.  

HedgeTrimmer, Thanks for the information.
2018-4-11
Use props
Silver Surfer
lvl.4
United States

jayh410 Posted at 2018-4-11 04:29
Not that it's urban legend, but that someone took an old term, familiar to some of us ex military folk especially, and used it to brand their product.  Pretty clever especially since the function fits the name pretty well.
  I actually checked the site when I first saw this post because I wasn't sure if it was a joke or not.  Interesting product and the design of the release mechanism is cool.  I'd love to see a review once someones been using it for a couple of weeks.

Hey jayh410, I should be receiving mine on Friday and will hopefully test it out this week end.  I'll
post a review thereafter.  I like surf fishing and hopefully the "drone sky hook" will do the job well.  Will let you know.  
2018-4-12
Use props
Kentucky
lvl.1
Flight distance : 53960 ft
United States

Can you help with setup for pro2 and sky hook
2019-4-30
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

jayh410 Posted at 2018-4-10 04:52

Oddly enough I worked for a national company in U.K for many years, and the description was exactly as your link. It was used as a ruse, or a wind up for the young apprentices.
2019-5-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules