Range extenders with the mavic pro?
1991 25 2018-4-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
flyhigh69
lvl.3
Flight distance : 75079 ft

United States

I was wondering does anyone have any insight on which range extender for the mavic pro works the best? The Max mod, or the nano sync?
2018-4-9
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi there, it is not recommended to use the third-party accessories, as you know, it is not tested by DJI, the compatibility and performance are unable to be guaranteed. Thanks for your support!
2018-4-9
Use props
flyhigh69
lvl.3

United States

DJI Diana Posted at 2018-4-9 23:09
Hi there, it is not recommended to use the third-party accessories, as you know, it is not tested by DJI, the compatibility and performance are unable to be guaranteed. Thanks for your support!

Thanks for the reply.
2018-4-9
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

You're welcome. Hope you have a good time on flying the drone.
2018-4-9
Use props
flyhigh69
lvl.3

United States

DJI Diana Posted at 2018-4-9 23:32
You're welcome. Hope you have a good time on flying the drone.

Thanks, I will when my Macic Pro arrives , with the RE Goggles . Very excited!!! Don't get me wrong the Phantom 3 st. is nice. I was debating on the p4pro too. choices, choices. Its a blast....
2018-4-9
Use props
M2Wair
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1192231 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

From my own experience with the Mavic Pro you won't need range extenders for two reasons. 1) laws regarding VLOS 2) That sucker just keeps going without the need for range extenders
2018-4-9
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Yeah, as if 7KM isn't enough already - you don't need them on the MP
2018-4-10
Use props
flyhigh69
lvl.3

United States

A CW Posted at 2018-4-10 00:16
Yeah, as if 7KM isn't enough already - you don't need them on the MP

Thats good to know. I just got used to my phantom3 standard. And Im waiting for my mavic pro to come in.  Its just hard to believe that it would go that far with the stock antanna.  Way , way farther than the p3s, wow I just cant wait. Have you use the DJI RE goggles yet?
2018-4-10
Use props
flyhigh69
lvl.3

United States

A CW Posted at 2018-4-10 00:16
Yeah, as if 7KM isn't enough already - you don't need them on the MP

Cool, thank God were not in Australia. FPV  , I 'm pretty sure is illegal. But, thanks for the info and have a great, day Fly high and Fly safe and remember don't loose sight of your craft......
2018-4-10
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Thanks, I’ve rarely lost sight in over 1,000 flights
2018-4-10
Use props
R&L Aerial photography
Second Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

I would go with the nano sync mod...
2018-4-10
Use props
lannes
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Consider getting DJI Care Refresh for the MP, you have 2 days after activation to buy it
2018-4-10
Use props
flyhigh69
lvl.3

United States

M2Wair Posted at 2018-4-9 23:52
From my own experience with the Mavic Pro you won't need range extenders for two reasons. 1) laws regarding VLOS 2) That sucker just keeps going without the need for range extenders

I got it . ya I will love this mavic!!!
2018-4-10
Use props
flyhigh69
lvl.3

United States

R&L Aerial photography Posted at 2018-4-10 01:59
I would go with the nano sync mod...

Nano, you used this device personally?
2018-4-10
Use props
flyhigh69
lvl.3

United States

DJI Diana Posted at 2018-4-9 23:32
You're welcome. Hope you have a good time on flying the drone.

Oh, and I forgot to thank you for the advise, I don't want to get into a pickle and lose my drone I would be just flat out sad. AND thank you for the kind gesture. I havnt received a flower in a long time.....

2018-4-10
Use props
integer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 113355784 ft
Greece

You don't need extender  for the mavic believe me
2018-4-10
Use props
flyhigh69
lvl.3

United States

integer Posted at 2018-4-10 04:29
You don't need extender  for the mavic believe me

And you know from exsperience? I am very excited to fly it . a week will seem like a year.
2018-4-10
Use props
FlyDK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1636286 ft
Denmark

Flying a MP myself and I guarantee you that you don't need the extender. Flying safe is the most important thing - not as far as possible.
2018-4-10
Use props
integer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 113355784 ft
Greece

flyhigh69 Posted at 2018-4-10 04:53
And you know from exsperience? I am very excited to fly it . a week will seem like a year.

The OcuSync system is wonderful if you know how to use it. i fly in CE area,  if you are in united states then you have better signal from me. My only limitation is the battery, not the signal. And i fly long flights. Stay away from residential areas, magnetic fields, trees and buildings. And remember, your big enemy is the wind!
2018-4-10
Use props
R&L Aerial photography
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

flyhigh69 Posted at 2018-4-10 04:14
Nano, you used this device personally?

Yes I do, and we’ll you will see an increase in range but  they are NOT amplifiers.. you will need the nano sync mod and amplifiers. The amplifiers will require their own power source.. with just the nano sync antenna I get around an extra thousand feet of range, with nano sync and amps it will fly out for miles and miles, not enough battery to find out how far but at least 5 miles, 10 miles round trip. You will also need the battery mod, instructional videos can be found on YouTube (digdat0) the battery mod is not adding additional batteries but it involves changing the settings to a non dji battery to eliminate forced landing. It’s sounds like a lot of messing around and money and it is.....
2018-4-10
Use props
flyhigh69
lvl.3

United States

R&L Aerial photography Posted at 2018-4-10 06:58
Yes I do, and we’ll you will see an increase in range but  they are NOT amplifiers.. you will need the nano sync mod and amplifiers. The amplifiers will require their own power source.. with just the nano sync antenna I get around an extra thousand feet of range, with nano sync and amps it will fly out for miles and miles, not enough battery to find out how far but at least 5 miles, 10 miles round trip. You will also need the battery mod, instructional videos can be found on YouTube (digdat0) the battery mod is not adding additional batteries but it involves changing the settings to a non dji battery to eliminate forced landing. It’s sounds like a lot of messing around and money and it is.....

Very interesting stuff. I really want to follow up on this. Tell me more about these amplifiers and what i need to do this sort of stuff. Is it possible to put more flight time or should I say more battery to this drone without screwing things up? changing the program from force landing ? Huh .. can it be done.? So what the farthest you have flown out with this nano mod?
2018-4-10
Use props
fansf77370fb
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1008924 ft

Depending on where you were you’re flying at the Mavic pro has very good range. Again it depends on where your flying at. I can double the range on my inspire one using range extenders.
2018-4-10
Use props
flyhigh69
lvl.3

United States

R&L Aerial photography Posted at 2018-4-10 06:58
Yes I do, and we’ll you will see an increase in range but  they are NOT amplifiers.. you will need the nano sync mod and amplifiers. The amplifiers will require their own power source.. with just the nano sync antenna I get around an extra thousand feet of range, with nano sync and amps it will fly out for miles and miles, not enough battery to find out how far but at least 5 miles, 10 miles round trip. You will also need the battery mod, instructional videos can be found on YouTube (digdat0) the battery mod is not adding additional batteries but it involves changing the settings to a non dji battery to eliminate forced landing. It’s sounds like a lot of messing around and money and it is.....

Very interesting stuff. I really want to follow up on this. Tell me more about these amplifiers and what i need to do this sort of stuff. Is it possible to put more flight time or should I say more battery to this drone without screwing things up? changing the program from force landing ? Huh .. can it be done.? So what the farthest you have flown out with this nano mod?
2018-4-10
Use props
R&L Aerial photography
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

flyhigh69 Posted at 2018-4-10 09:38
Very interesting stuff. I really want to follow up on this. Tell me more about these amplifiers and what i need to do this sort of stuff. Is it possible to put more flight time or should I say more battery to this drone without screwing things up? changing the program from force landing ? Huh .. can it be done.? So what the farthest you have flown out with this nano mod?

The amps can be bought on eBay, you have to do some research on that one.. adding batteries can be done (digdat0) on YouTube but the extra weight elimates extra flight time ( you may gain a few minutes) changing flight parameters is possible (again , look up digdat0 on YouTube)  and with just the nano mod,no amps I’ve flown out 15 thousand feet and still had full bars. This flight was in absolute ideal flight conditions, I was on top of a hill, out in the country, no trees,no wi-if , sunny day. I could have gone farther but I lost my nerve. If you want to learn how to play around with these quads you must spend some quality time doing research.
2018-4-10
Use props
gibby73
lvl.1
United States

So I have the Maxx Mod on my remote and I love it.  I did not buy it for extra range, I basically bought it for peace of mind.  I feel like I never get a glitch or hiccup in my connection with the craft and the video feed.  My video is always smooth and my connection to the craft is always solid.  I have tested it in several places and I love it.  It was expensive, and I had them install it for me because I had the money to do so and didnt want to mess anything up.  I honestly think I will get antenna upgrades on every drone I own.
2018-5-1
Use props
flyhigh69
lvl.3

United States

gibby73 Posted at 2018-5-1 08:08
So I have the Maxx Mod on my remote and I love it.  I did not buy it for extra range, I basically bought it for peace of mind.  I feel like I never get a glitch or hiccup in my connection with the craft and the video feed.  My video is always smooth and my connection to the craft is always solid.  I have tested it in several places and I love it.  It was expensive, and I had them install it for me because I had the money to do so and didnt want to mess anything up.  I honestly think I will get antenna upgrades on every drone I own.

thanks for the info. I am going to consider the maxx mod.
2018-5-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules