FPV Goggles for Phantom 3?
18464 31 2015-5-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
martin
lvl.2
Sweden

Hi guys, I´m a swedish  definate newbie to drone shooting but recieved my Phantom 3 Pro two days ago,
after a firmware update it works great and I´m up and flying and the P3 definately delivers!

I wonder if anyone tried to do an FPV goggles setup on the P3 yet?

And do you have any recomendations/directions for this?

I want an non soldering bolt on sollution if there is one.

Ciao-Martin

2015-5-8
Use props
HermosaDrones
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3160344 ft
  • >>>
Argentina

following this thread.
2015-5-8
Use props
christianjouvea
lvl.2
Flight distance : 193212 ft
France

Yes you can use fpv goggles
2015-5-8
Use props
powerlord_stu.h
lvl.1
Flight distance : 515105 ft
United Kingdom

yes, I use my fatshark aviators.

I just have the iPad HDMI cable, then an HDMI to composite converter, then into the glasses. works fine.
2015-5-8
Use props
Gerd_S.gmx
lvl.3
Flight distance : 4303379 ft
Germany

I would like to see DJI supporting Google Cardboard instead of attaching expensive conventional goggles via HDMI.
Would be so easy, just modifying the Pilot app for splitting the image into two identical windows, one for each eye and the immersion effect is so much better, compared to any FatShark goggle.

And the financial effort would be just around 20 bucks or less for the Cardboard mechanics, depending on material.

Regards, 'Gerd
2015-5-11
Use props
martin
lvl.2
Sweden

powerlord_stu.h Posted at 2015-5-8 23:35

I just have the iPad HDMI cable, then an HDMI to composite convert ...

Thanks cool will check that out sounds like a simple enough sollution!
2015-5-19
Use props
mswall
lvl.4
Flight distance : 39695 ft
United States

Update:  I tried using the Apple HDMI/Lightning connector to my iPhone 6 and it will not connect to the quad - it actually starts charging the iPhone from the RC, but nada on the connection to the P3.  If I simply unplug the lightning connector from the adapter and plug it into the iPhone (where the adapter was plugged), I get connection to the camera/P3.  So, at least for the iPhone 6 the Apple HDMI adapter will not work for me.  I have an iPad 3 that I will give a try.

So - you plug the lightning connector from the P3 Controller into the charging port of the HDMI adapter?  It all works?  Thats great.  I'm shopping for goggles now.
2015-5-19
Use props
yardcare
New

United States

I don't follow- The ipad is connected to your P3 controller via the usb to lightning. Where do you coonect the converter? I have a nice set of Zeiss Cinemizers. They worked great with my P2 which of course connects to my iphone wirelessly, leaving the lightning output on the phone for the cinemizers. I read somewhere there is a dongle in the works, but nothing yet.
2015-6-30
Use props
mtnmaddman
lvl.4
United States

yardcare@gmail. Posted at 2015-7-1 02:37
I don't follow- The ipad is connected to your P3 controller via the usb to lightning. Where do you ...

Search for this no. in ebay,    281732553262   This is the last one until my next order these will direct hdmi also as soon as the hdmi board is released for the p3.  They will wireless connect to your current system
2015-6-30
Use props
Fulgerite
lvl.4

United States

yardcare@gmail. Posted at 2015-7-1 02:37
I don't follow- The ipad is connected to your P3 controller via the usb to lightning. Where do you ...

The Apple lightning HDMI adapter has a female lightning port AND an HDMI.  You simply plug the adapter into the iPad and then plug the remote into the adapter along with the HDMI adapter for your Cinemizer glasses.  It works.

http://store.apple.com/us/produc ... av-adapter?fnode=3a
2015-6-30
Use props
Jack57
lvl.3

Canada

Fulgerite Posted at 2015-7-1 05:22
The Apple lightning HDMI adapter has a female lightning port AND an HDMI.  You simply plug the ada ...

It can interfere with the USB connection.  I think it would be better to get a micro to HDMI cable and then a male-male connector.
2015-6-30
Use props
ballbreaker4712
lvl.1

United Kingdom

I use Sony hmz t3 goggles connected to my tesco hudl2 tab works brilliantly. You just need to use a tab with micro usb and a separate hdmi output connection.
2015-6-30
Use props
NorthernLoop
lvl.2
Flight distance : 300246 ft
United Kingdom

Cinemizers are surely end of live now?
2015-6-30
Use props
mtnmaddman
lvl.4
United States

NorthernLoop Posted at 2015-7-1 06:03
Cinemizers are surely end of live now?

No cinemizers will work when the p3 hdmi upgrade board becomes available,  But why would you pay twice as much for the cinemizers when my nebula alien sunglasses are just as good, half the price, same resolution and a 16x9 format same as p3 return picture. much better than cinemizer
2015-7-1
Use props
venomx15301
lvl.3

United States

Could you link to this items on ebay or amazon please?
I want to make sure I buy the right items when I am ready.
2015-7-1
Use props
venomx15301
lvl.3

United States

Gerd_S.gmx Posted at 2015-5-12 04:08
I would like to see DJI supporting Google Cardboard instead of attaching expensive conventional gogg ...

I do not trust google.
2015-7-1
Use props
Fulgerite
lvl.4

United States

mtnmaddman Posted at 2015-7-1 20:36
No cinemizers will work when the p3 hdmi upgrade board becomes available,  But why would you pay t ...

Are the Nebula Alien glasses OLED or LCD?

Do the Nebula Alien glasses allow for diopter focus for each eye?
2015-7-2
Use props
mtnmaddman
lvl.4
United States

Fulgerite Posted at 2015-7-3 00:47
Are the Nebula Alien glasses OLED or LCD?

Do the Nebula Alien glasses allow for diopter focus for ...

No they do not have diopter adjust, you may wear glasses behind them, if needed,  They are led, oled of course has a bit better picture.  When compared to cinemizer you would see a slight difference, there are other areas that the nebulas win out on, the perceived size and format of the picture is better 16x9.  Nebulas seems to be as good. maybe better in the sun. Also are thinner and lighter you can keep a visual on the phantom and the pad. And of course there is the price.  The two units otherwise spec out about the same.
My personal opinion would be if I were going to watch a movie I would pick the cinemizers, To fly my phantom I would choose my nebula system.
2015-7-2
Use props
robvelez
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1057844 ft
  • >>>
United States

Check out this thread. I might be getting these FPV goggles...

http://www.phantompilots.com/thr ... .46824/#post-436245
2015-7-2
Use props
mtnmaddman
lvl.4
United States

robvelez@gmail. Posted at 2015-7-3 08:25
Check out this thread. I might be getting these FPV goggles...

http://www.phantompilots.com/threads ...

Your kidding, they look like you have a refrigerator on your head
take a look at this   http://www.phantompilots.com/thr ... /page-3#post-395721
2015-7-3
Use props
ballbreaker4712
lvl.1

United Kingdom

If you want the VERY best goggles to use with the p3 ...Sony hmz t3  
2015-7-3
Use props
lightpanther
lvl.3

United States

ballbreaker4712 Posted at 2015-7-4 06:04
If you want the VERY best goggles to use with the p3 ...Sony hmz t3

Is there any update yet on this "board" that was said to be coming at the end of the month? It's now after the end of the month.
2015-7-3
Use props
Mark97564
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2067749 ft
United States

There are many threads on this same subject, read people..  You only have to go back about a month, that really isn't many threads and most of the headlines say what the thread is without even having to open it..  Why does everyone get so idea and them start a new thread instead of looking to see if someone already started 3 previous threads on the same topic?  You all read the forums do great I bet you never evil looked at the owners manual for the p3..  Half these threads wouldn't even exist if everyone read the manual...  I don't get this..  I really don't enjoy coming to this forum too much anymore cuz every time info all I see is the same thread started by a different person and people whining..  Your all going to kill this forum and there won't be any one left here with brains to help you all out..  It's going to end up being a bunch of whiny brats that can't read the manual creating duplicate threads trying to get the next moron to help them that is doing the same thing they are and giving each other wrong advice cuz they think they know something..

Complain all you want about what I'm saying but the bottom line that is exactly how things are going to end up if you all don't start reading..  Does anyone even realize that if you find a 6 month old thread pertaining to what you need help with and if your question isn't answered by someone in that thread you can still post a reply to it and then the forum server then puts that old thread on the 1st page of thread lists...  That way it's noticed and someone can still use that thread to help you..,  why do you think it's setup that way everyone?  
Someone needs to make a sticky with some guidelines here cuz thus forum has no rules, no coordination...
2015-7-4
Use props
yardcare
New

United States

Fulgerite Posted at 2015-7-1 05:22
The Apple lightning HDMI adapter has a female lightning port AND an HDMI.  You simply plug the ada ...

Thanks for the reply! I honestly didn't notice the additional lightning plug on the Apple HDMI adaptor. Unfortunately, it only provides power- no data.
2015-7-12
Use props
yardcare
New

United States

yardcare@gmail. Posted at 2015-7-12 20:58
Thanks for the replay! I honestly didn't notice the additional lightning plug on the Apple HDMI ad ...

Just to demonstrate functionality in reg config:   
2015-7-12
Use props
lvl.3
Flight distance : 14495 ft
Denmark

mtnmaddman Posted at 2015-7-3 21:10
Your kidding, they look like you have a refrigerator on your head  
take a look at thi ...

or this dude hahahaha  
Send those rays thru your scull... damn
2015-7-12
Use props
mtnmaddman
lvl.4
United States

020667@gmail.co Posted at 2015-7-12 21:41
or this dude hahahaha  
Send those rays thru your scull... damn

That,s to fricking cool man. where are the air tanks?    I'm still cracking up
2015-7-12
Use props
Fulgerite
lvl.4

United States

I can confirm that the Apple HDMI adapter on an iPad Air 2 works with my Cinemizer just fine.

I have also tried a Nvidia Shield 8 with the Cinemizer glasses and they work as well.  (However I had lagging video issues so I am preferring to run on an iOS device right now.)
2015-7-12
Use props
yardcare
New

United States

Fulgerite Posted at 2015-7-12 23:56
I can confirm that the Apple HDMI adapter on an iPad Air 2 works with my Cinemizer just fine.

I hav ...

For the life of me I can't figure out why it won't work for me. Tried it on both my ipad air and iPhone 6...
2015-7-13
Use props
yardcare
New

United States

http://store.dji.com/product/phantom-3-hdmi-output-module
The HD output board is now available. YAAYYY!!!
2015-7-13
Use props
Adam Flurk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 425466 ft
United States

powerlord_stu.h Posted at 2015-5-8 11:35

Can you elaborate on this setup a bit more please? I am interested in getting an FPV setup for my P3P but am not all sure what I need to make it happen. You mentioned that you have an HDMI to composite converter is this for the mini port on the back of the transmitter? (assuming you have your ipad plugged into the usb).. And it works plug and play with the fatshark googles?
2015-8-27
Use props
josephrchurchtr
New

United States

fat shark attitude goggle on phantom 3 professional can it be done

can i put my fat shark v2 attitude goggles on my dji phantom 3 professional. i have hdmi on my radio tx . thanks for any help i can get
2016-1-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules