Remote custom function
687 7 2018-4-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SnBike
lvl.4
Italy

Good evening, I realized that i can not customize one of the buttons on the remote  control to "take off / landing" funcion to control the drone, someone has any news about an  upcoming availability of this feature?
2018-4-10
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Takeoff / Landing is not available for Mavic Air RC function button customized option. And I believe it could be not really safe if someone accidentally presses this button midair.
If you want to use the auto takeoff and landing function, I suggest using the toggle on the left side on the DJI GO 4 app, hope it helps.
2018-4-10
Use props
SnBike
lvl.4
Italy

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-4-10 19:40
Takeoff / Landing is not available for Mavic Air RC function button customized option. And I believe it could be not really safe if someone accidentally presses this button midair.
If you want to use the auto takeoff and landing function, I suggest using the toggle on the left side on the DJI GO 4 app, hope it helps.

Hello Thor, on the rc for the spark this function is present, and for the type of use that I do the drone is very important, to complete the functionality, it should be completed with the follow me on terrain and the dynamic home point, below is a small example of the use that I make of the drone.

2018-4-10
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

SnBike Posted at 2018-4-10 21:56
Hello Thor, on the rc for the spark this function is present, and for the type of use that I do the drone is very important, to complete the functionality, it should be completed with the follow me on terrain and the dynamic home point, below is a small example of the use that I make of the drone.

Okay, I will forward this request to our engineers. However, please note that Mavic Air doesn't support dynamic Homepoint at the moment. Thank you for your support.
2018-4-10
Use props
Malakai_UK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 536115 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

SnBike Posted at 2018-4-10 21:56
Hello Thor, on the rc for the spark this function is present, and for the type of use that I do the drone is very important, to complete the functionality, it should be completed with the follow me on terrain and the dynamic home point, below is a small example of the use that I make of the drone.

https://vimeo.com/246474508

I agree, these should have been available at launch. I find it frustrating having to use my spark in these kinds of situations when I could be using my Air to capture much better footage.
2018-4-11
Use props
SnBike
lvl.4
Italy

Malakai_UK Posted at 2018-4-11 00:22
I agree, these should have been available at launch. I find it frustrating having to use my spark in these kinds of situations when I could be using my Air to capture much better footage.

let's say that it is acceptable that there is an evolution in the ways of use, the technology is extremely complex, the important for me is that at a certain moment they are available
2018-4-11
Use props
Malakai_UK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 536115 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

SnBike Posted at 2018-4-11 00:36
let's say that it is acceptable that there is an evolution in the ways of use, the technology is extremely complex, the important for me is that at a certain moment they are available

They already have these functions available on previous models. Omitting these functions doesn't make sense. The basics of evolution is for the new generation to inherit the best parts and improve on the previous generation.

I get the gut feeling that the teams that work on each model of drone aren't the same people. There is so much inconsistency with the features on released aircraft in terms of capability. I can understand some features not being available due to business models. Like higher bitrates, or resolutions. But to not add things like dynamic home point or waypoints makes no sense. The fact that we have to wait for features that are already available on older models evidences that there is a lack of forward planning.
2018-4-11
Use props
SnBike
lvl.4
Italy

Malakai_UK Posted at 2018-4-11 00:51
They already have these functions available on previous models. Omitting these functions doesn't make sense. The basics of evolution is for the new generation to inherit the best parts and improve on the previous generation.

I get the gut feeling that the teams that work on each model of drone aren't the same people. There is so much inconsistency with the features on released aircraft in terms of capability. I can understand some features not being available due to business models. Like higher bitrates, or resolutions. But to not add things like dynamic home point or waypoints makes no sense. The fact that we have to wait for features that are already available on older models evidences that there is a lack of forward planning.

I hope that in reality it depends on a complete re-engineering of functions and "Hard" optimization, in this case well be it ;-)
2018-4-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules