United States

Way louder than Mavic Pro or Platinum
2018-4-10
Use props
BRentAP03
lvl.4
Flight distance : 74872 ft
United States

I would agree but when your flying in public, people think it is a toy so they would not get scared
2018-4-10
Use props
Gunship9
lvl.4
United States

The Spark is louder than the old Mavics.  But, the Spark is quieter than the Pro replacement, the Air.  Little props have to spin faster so,...
2018-4-10
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

You should not spy! ;-)  The good thing on that is that I here it better, when it comes back.
2018-4-10
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

So are lawnmowers but you have to cut the grass. Lol
2018-4-10
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Please fly your drone in open area and you may not feel as noisy as flying in a closed area. And your feedback will be forwarded. Thanks for your support.
2018-4-10
Use props
Flighty
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1977175 ft
Croatia

So true,, I fly the Spark and my son fly's the Mavic and the noise levels are quite noticeable..
2018-4-10
Use props
Northwood
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2148596 ft
Canada

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-4-10 10:44
So are lawnmowers but you have to cut the grass. Lol

If you could fly inverted, these drones could double as mowers....  that might inspire a few more wives to bless the purchases....   just sayin'
2018-4-11
Use props
S.J
lvl.4
Flight distance : 322454 ft
Kuwait

i BOUGHT ASET OF PROPS FROM cHINA. iTS THE BEST I CAN SAY.  VERY REDUCED NOISE AND VERY STABLE IN HIGHER WIND CONDITION
2018-4-11
Use props
S.J
lvl.4
Flight distance : 322454 ft
Kuwait

i BOUGHT A SET OF PROPS FROM CHINA. iTS THE BEST I CAN SAY.  VERY REDUCED NOISE AND VERY STABLE IN HIGHER WIND CONDITION
WEBLINK   http://www.lightake.com/p/2-Pair ... ries_MU2224751.html
2018-4-11
Use props
Gunship9
lvl.4
United States

I run it without props and it is very quiet.
2018-4-11
Use props
Cookster670
lvl.4
Australia

Gunship9 Posted at 2018-4-10 10:29
The Spark is louder than the old Mavics.  But, the Spark is quieter than the Pro replacement, the Air.  Little props have to spin faster so,...

Are you sure ?  I thought it's quieter than the old mavic, but louder than the platinum and air which have the quiet props on them.   I also recall hearing them fly in a DJI store and observed at the time that the spark was louder.     Pretty sure that the spark is the loudest of the recent mavic and mavic airs.  
EDIT:
Just googled and one site says platinum is the quietest by a fair way

Then spark, followed very closely by Air....will do some more googling
2018-4-11
Use props
Gunship9
lvl.4
United States

Cookster670 Posted at 2018-4-11 17:47
Are you sure ?  I thought it's quieter than the old mavic, but louder than the platinum and air which have the quiet props on them.   I also recall hearing them fly in a DJI store and observed at the time that the spark was louder.     Pretty sure that the spark is the loudest of the recent mavic and mavic airs.  
EDIT:
Just googled and one site says platinum is the quietest by a fair way

I meant, the Air is the Mavic Pro replacement and it is noisier than the Spark.  The Platinum was just a stop gap to keep the Mavic Pro relevant until the Air got here.  

I think the big Mavic Pros have more of a base note to their noise so it doesn't register as piercing as the Air and the Spark.  I think that is a large part of why they seem quiet.  The Spark has a higher pitched noise that really stands out.  Humans hear best 300hz to 4khz, but 4khz really stands out to people.  Like a referee's whisle.  
2018-4-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules