Need help. CAS-1661265-D7G4V6
1196 5 2018-4-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansc0007eb0
New

United States

So..... recently while flying my Mavic Pro I experienced some video transmission issues. Nothing out of the ordinary when flying at great distances except this time I wasn’t very far at all. Maybe half a mile. Anyway, in an attempt to get a better signal I started to raise my drone and fly it towards my direction when all of a sudden the remote disconnected. Long story short I lost the drone. I’m not sure if it lost its coordinates and flew to the wrong home location or if it just fell from the sky and I couldn’t find it but I went to the last known coordinates which was in a large open field and found nothing after a 6 hour search.  Clearly something malfunctioned as I had over 80% battery, great signal and it showed 17 satellites. Yet the drone failed to RTH after loss of signal or once it reached low battery status. I’ve opened a case with DJI and was pretty much told that even though it showed no pilot error since they couldn’t find any abnormalities I’m basically screwed although it was 328ft in the air and stopped recording its flight data (which is an abnormality) and failed to RTH (another abnormality). Is there anyone on here that can help me out???
2018-4-10
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

We're sorry for your loss. I've checked your case, please find the data analysis result as below:

1. the aircraft was working in GPS mode
2. T=03:56 H=107.3m D=1067.5m the record ended
Conclusion: Inconclusive. The flight records interrupted without abnormality.

I'm afraid that it is hard to tell what happened exactly just from the flight records. I feel your pain and deeply sorry for this. The right team will keep follow up your case and see whether there are better solutions. Thanks for your understanding and support.
2018-4-10
Use props
fansc0007eb0
New

It seems like the fact the flight records were interrupted is proof of an abnormality. And are you saying someone else may be looking further into my case to help me get it covered by warranty?  
2018-4-10
Use props
fansc0007eb0
New

And the fact that it failed to RTH after signal loss.
2018-4-10
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

fansc0007eb0 Posted at 2018-4-10 23:48
And the fact that it failed to RTH after signal loss.

The data analysis is based on the flight records, instead of the deduction. We can not deduct what happened after the records interrupted. Sorry about this. Your case has been forwarded to the right team for further review. They will double check and contact you in the working time soon.
2018-4-11
Use props
fansc0007eb0
New

Thank you very much.
2018-4-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules