Phantom 3 Setting Preferences
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
johnl1906
lvl.2
United States

MAYBE DJI WILL STICKY THIS THREAD...HINT HINT

Ok, so someone asked Tahoe_Ed to share his Phantom 3 settings and why he used them, so I thought it would be greatly beneficial if we all had one thread that everyone could refer to, to see what people are using on their Phantoms as far as config settings go. PLEASE DO ALSO SHARE WHY YOU CHOOSE YOUR SETTINGS, if they are not default.  Doesn't have to be all of them, nor the ones that are just plain common sense, however  I think this will help the learning curve for a lot of flyers.  Doesn’t have to be long, just a line or whatever.  I think everyone wants to try to get optimal performance out of their quads and since everyone is not as knowledgeable here, this should serve as a great platform to share in that aspect without having to look through 100x threads.  LETS KEEP THIS THREAD "USER PROBLEMATIC REPLIES" free, dont want the clutter.  Just quad settings please.

Would be great if you could start this off Tahoe_Ed, but everyone feel free to add.  This will only help us in the long run, I promise! J…..

2015-5-8
Use props
matzky
lvl.1

Germany

very good idea. I just reveived my P3 yesterday, installed the second firmware (1.1.8) and now after 4 flights, I am fighting with the settings.
I is of course much more complex than my Phantom Vision 2+ before.
I have a problem with bright sunlight and overexposure. Yes .... I used the right dial wheel to change ISO, Ecposure, shutter... but I was not satisfied with the handling.

Also one question. Here in Europe we have PAL Standard, but then I can´t use the higher fps rates from NTSC.
Now I do some test flights and record in PAL and NTSC, to see if there is any conflict with my PC or TV.
Does anyone had experience with PAL /NTSC in Europe ?

Now I will test the new firmware 1.1.8, hopefully everything is working well.

2015-5-8
Use props
dmwierz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 61427 ft
United States

Link to Tahoe_Ed's settings thread?
2015-5-8
Use props
johnl1906
lvl.2
United States

dmwierz Posted at 2015-5-8 22:29
Link to Tahoe_Ed's settings thread?

Ed, had not responded yet to his settings outside of why he used 40-50% gimbal speed.  All he noted in that thread is below.

Tahoe_Ed:
"You can adjust the gimbal speed from 0-100.  I like 40-50 for smooth movement that is not too slow. "
2015-5-8
Use props
bob.mimlitch
lvl.2

United States

I am very interested in WHY people choose specific settings.  I don't understand why DJI chose the fps setting on 4K and HD.  4K options are 25fps or 24fps, which is only a 4% change.  In HD the options are 25fps or 24fps, and 50fps or 48fps, again only a 4% change.  Granted, 25fps vs 50fps is a 50% change, but most are only 4%, why?  Does anyone know why so many small options?
2015-5-8
Use props
FantomDK
lvl.4

Denmark

bob.mimlitch@me Posted at 2015-5-9 09:07
I am very interested in WHY people choose specific settings.  I don't understand why DJI chose the f ...

Because some people produce in 25 frames (or 30) (or 50 / 60) for TV and Internet and others produce in 24 (or rarely 48) for cinema - or cinema look.

It is as it should be. Except some higher framerate modes (for lower resolutions) for smooth slomo would be awesome.
2015-5-9
Use props
mmee1992
lvl.3
United States

bob.mimlitch@me Posted at 2015-5-9 09:07
I am very interested in WHY people choose specific settings.  I don't understand why DJI chose the f ...

25fps to 50 fps is 100% change..
2015-5-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules