Is this the end?
1234Next >
7765 133 2018-4-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Anuvis
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1976736 ft

It seems that they forgot us.....No firmware update, no app improvements for spark, no new features...This is the politics of a company that treats custommers with the worst possible way...

2018-4-11
Use props
djisharpshooter
lvl.4
Flight distance : 17365 ft
Singapore

That's right the most interesting fact is this has happened within an year of spark launch.when a low income mobile manufacturer supports their product with firmware and new apps for an year at least
2018-4-11
Use props
Solestacz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 489193 ft
United States

what other products have you purchased that do continue to "grow" over time?
2018-4-11
Use props
Anuvis
Second Officer

Solestacz Posted at 2018-4-11 11:15
what other products have you purchased that do continue to "grow" over time?

do you mean dji products or generally speaking tech products?I have an  iphone 5s withe the latest ios version i have an  htc 10 with oreo update
2018-4-11
Use props
mtnlandpix
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

I am glad they have not had any more updates.  My Spark works great!  Updates take a lot of my time.  Thanks DJI for keeping it simple.
2018-4-11
Use props
WebParrot
First Officer
Flight distance : 23625 ft
  • >>>
United States

Spark hasn 't even been out 9 months!  Not sure what you expect.  I'm satisfied with functional updates that improve performance or resolve bugs.  If I want new emoji's I'll complain to the Apple's/Android's of the world!
2018-4-11
Use props
Anuvis
Second Officer

Well it seems that i am the only one in this forum that see the bottle half empty....
2018-4-11
Use props
WebParrot
First Officer
Flight distance : 23625 ft
  • >>>
United States

Anuvis Posted at 2018-4-11 12:08
Well it seems that i am the only one in this forum that see the bottle half empty....

Don't feel bad... it may take a while for others to reply :-)  Doesn't mean your alone!  FWIW, in spite of my earlier reply, I WOULD like to see some less noisy props :-O
2018-4-11
Use props
RobertWSimpson
Second Officer
Flight distance : 927185 ft
United States

I am not even fully updated with the firmware that we DO have.  What more is there?  Drones are definitely not the same as cellphones.  In fact, a lot of the firmware updates for the Spark seem to cause issues.  My Spark works great and I'm happy with the feature set.  When I'm ready for more, I'll upgrade to a larger more capable drone.
2018-4-11
Use props
Gunship9
Second Officer
United States

Perhaps a Parrot drone is more your speed   I don't want updates and haven't done one in a while though the app keeps telling me there is one available.  Pffft.
2018-4-11
Use props
sidtx
lvl.4
Flight distance : 266729 ft
United States

Given all the issues/problems that are reported around firmware updates -- especially in the Phantom series,   I'm happy not having any updates!

Bricked drones,  Bricked RCs,   lost functionality,  unstable flight/hover,  degraded image quality........Who needs/wants it!!!!

The Spark works pretty good as is.

Sid
2018-4-11
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Please provide us more feedback. I will help you forward it and make improvement. Thanks for all the support!
2018-4-11
Use props
drewhoover
lvl.4
Flight distance : 323455 ft
United States

This sounds fairly similar to the ongoing problem with Apple... they come out with new and improved products, while slowing down and not improving the products people already have!
2018-4-11
Use props
Anuvis
Second Officer

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-4-11 19:16
Please provide us more feedback. I will help you forward it and make improvement. Thanks for all the support!

You need for sure the option to deactivate down sensors.They are going crazy above water and glossy surface.The planet pano stich fails on 9 to 10 times.Variation on altitude need fix.Photo experience can be improved add raw .Fake alarms appear for no fly zone etc .Connection issues from the beginning until  now, Image lost !!!! I ASK MY SELF AGAIN DO YOU GUYS DONT HAVE THESE PROBLEMS?????
2018-4-11
Use props
Zbig
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7349 ft
Poland

Anuvis Posted at 2018-4-11 21:26
You need for sure the option to deactivate down sensors.They are going crazy above water and glossy surface.The planet pano stich fails on 9 to 10 times.Variation on altitude need fix.Photo experience can be improved add raw .Fake alarms appear for no fly zone etc .Connection issues from the beginning until  now, Image lost !!!! I ASK MY SELF AGAIN DO YOU GUYS DONT HAVE THESE PROBLEMS?????

Although you were "asking yourself", let me answer anyway. No, I don't. What I do though, is cringe every time I see your avatar on this forum. While others are sharing their photos and videos, asking legitimate questions and generally having a good time, when clicking on any of your threads I can be 100% sure there's more bitching and moanig about mostly the same things over and over again. Answering your question further, regarding the RAW image support... If I bought a thing with a known set of features and limitations (no RAW support and no mention of any plans to implement it from the manufacturer) and suddenly found myself obsessing over it not being something else, the lack of actual RAW support would be the least of my problems. I would seek professional help immediately as I'd consider this a sure sign of mental health issues. Just set your expectations reasonably and try to enjoy the thing. Yes, it's not perfect and won't ever be, just like anything else - deal with it and have fun anyway. And if you're unable to then, again, Spark just might not be your main problem.
2018-4-11
Use props
sergio.flor
lvl.4
Flight distance : 798301 ft
Spain

The most important for me is:
- Official OTG support and return OTG to android. This feature is very important for CE users.
- Solve compass issue and it pass to ATTI mode. When the spark is flying and get to compass error, the drone pass to ATTI mode but the drone go to discontrolled, go crazzy and don't response to the RC. This issue is more frecuenty with the last firmware.
- Improve the connection error. The signal is lost frecuently.
2018-4-12
Use props
Vyborny83
lvl.4
Flight distance : 166014 ft
Czechia

Zbig Posted at 2018-4-11 23:44
Although you were "asking yourself", let me answer anyway. No, I don't. What I do though, is cringe every time I see your avatar on this forum. While others are sharing their photos and videos, asking legitimate questions and generally having a good time, when clicking on any of your threads I can be 100% sure there's more bitching and moanig about mostly the same things over and over again. Answering your question further, regarding the RAW image support... If I bought a thing with a known set of features and limitations (no RAW support and no mention of any plans to implement it from the manufacturer) and suddenly found myself obsessing over it not being something else, the lack of actual RAW support would be the least of my problems. I would seek professional help immediately as I'd consider this a sure sign of mental health issues. Just set your expectations reasonably and try to enjoy the thing. Yes, it's not perfect and won't ever be, just like anything else - deal with it and have fun anyway. And if you're unable to then, again, Spark just might not be your main problem.

I have to agree with Anuvis on this one. One can tell how much does the company care about it's customers by listening to their suggestions and adding some little extras as a thanks for their trust.

Instead DJI broke the OTG connection and didn't even bother to fix it for android, even after half a year. Fortunately, thanks to their lack of interest for the Spark, one can easily use the old DJI GO 4 without loosing any new features.

The irony is that while some of those requests are probably impossible (4k video ...), the other like 25 fps or OTG connection shouldn't be so hard to accomodate (especially the OTG since it already WORKED ..) and it would actually prove that DJI cares about the EU customers as well (different standards than the US ...).
2018-4-12
Use props
jh8
Second Officer
Flight distance : 39685 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

The only thing I am really missing is a 16:9 photo mode.
Literally all other devices that contain a camera offer that, including  the other DJI drones.

2018-4-12
Use props
heliman
lvl.4

I feel the end happened long ago.
There have been many “updates”, mostly with no or almost no changelog. (What has been fixed? What has been broken?):
I got my spark in june. Since that, the only software “improvement" I have noticed is that it got a sphere photo mode.

Issues, which have bugged me all the way are:
Bottom sensors cant be disabled.
ATTI mode can’t be forced.
Messages can’t be moved out of the fpv view. (There are way too many, and none of them can be shut off or be told to stop respawning).
Quickshot messes with the OA slider if it was off.
And a minor issue:
The many return to home rules are confusing. I’m still confused. (Will it ascend? Will it back up and be smart with obstacles? Will OA be on? Will it come back or just land?  ...).

Great hardware, I bought it because it has a good camera. Good for photos.
The firmware is good. The go app is not.
2018-4-12
Use props
Sparky_17
Second Officer
Flight distance : 62349 ft
Canada

For the most part, the Spark is working will for most of us; No issues here.  DJI still promotes the Spark in their advertising and on their site; so it's not the end of the road.  It is still the most advanced drone on the market for it's size and still the most versitile.  That is my 2cents
2018-4-12
Use props
Hddeuce
lvl.4
Flight distance : 128261 ft
United States

You need for sure the option to deactivate down sensors.They are going crazy above water and glossy surface.The planet pano stich fails on 9 to 10 times.Variation on altitude need fix.Photo experience can be improved add raw .Fake alarms appear for no fly zone etc .Connection issues from the beginning until  now, Image lost !!!! I ASK MY SELF AGAIN DO YOU GUYS DONT HAVE THESE PROBLEMS?????

Nope, I don't have these problems.  I have never had any issues flying over water and do it frequently.

My philosophy is...if it ain't broke, don't fix it!  I think Spark is perfect for what it is advertised for.
2018-4-12
Use props
kRx md
lvl.4
Flight distance : 158914 ft
Philippines

Well the requests for RAW is kinda far fetched because If I were looking for that certainly, I woundn't be buying the Spark on the first place. What I don't want is DJI's inability to address very important fundamental issues like the mid-air Compass error strike, the OTG support (though I never dabbled on this), a lousy APP (to which up to now I haven't' gotten a resolution to the tread I started regarding consistent Home point recording/audio announcement/onscreen display.

These are ALL very fundamental things.  
2018-4-12
Use props
Vyborny83
lvl.4
Czechia

Well, the requests for various features are mostly based on personal experiences of each pilot. I totally understand that those who fly under the FCC regulations with range around 2km do not see the OTG cable as a crucial feature compared to EU users that get only around 50m .... the same applies to all other features as well. Even I have encountered situations where I could use some more flexibility with allowing/disabling sensors and so on (it's really frustrating when you are trying to shoot a frozen waterfall in a really narrow and quite deep valley and you can't reach the height you need to get a perfect shot because spark has no GPS signal and an artificial limitation won't let you go higher ...).

The other reason why so many people around here are so angry on DJI is because last year there was a thread about what we would like to see as a new features added to the Spark (it was a official thread created by DJI Mods I believe) .... people came with some really good ideas about what to improve (RAW, official OTG support, diferent FPS for video and many usefull tweaks) ... and instead of implementing AT LEAST SOME of them .... DJI released Mavic Air ....

I understand their need to keep selling new stuff, but for me their lack of interrest in the Spark comunity is a sign not to buy anything else from them.

2018-4-12
Use props
ChrisJG
First Officer
Flight distance : 1725341 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

As a newbie to flying a drone and the Spark, am not sure what you mean? My Spark does everything I expected of it, (short of turning me into a better photographer, but I suspect that well beyond the remit of a firmware update)...what else should it do? It is their entry level drone, and probably no longer as profitable for them compared to the newer ones? I'm happy as is with mine.
2018-4-12
Use props
Oracle Miata
First Officer
Flight distance : 3759829 ft
  • >>>
United States

Yep, got what I needed out of my Spark.  Still find it to be a pleasure to fly and photograph with.  Anything else I might want is handled by the non entry level drones that DJI makes.  They certainly didn’t promise anything with the Spark that I didn’t receive.
2018-4-12
Use props
Vyborny83
lvl.4
Czechia

ChrisJG Posted at 2018-4-12 08:09
As a newbie to flying a drone and the Spark, am not sure what you mean? My Spark does everything I expected of it, (short of turning me into a better photographer, but I suspect that well beyond the remit of a firmware update)...what else should it do? It is their entry level drone, and probably no longer as profitable for them compared to the newer ones? I'm happy as is with mine.

For one, hold to the advertised specs: the advertised max range for the EU is 500m, real range with an android phone in the EU is about 50 ... so, not even close.

As to the other requests, some are mainly to increase Sparks usability in many different scenarios or to improve its safety during use. No software is perfect when you release it and if you have no interest to improve/repair it ... DJI can play deaf to all those requests but they can't expect users to be happy about it and to support them by buing other stuff.
2018-4-12
Use props
Anuvis
Second Officer

Zbig Posted at 2018-4-11 23:44
Although you were "asking yourself", let me answer anyway. No, I don't. What I do though, is cringe every time I see your avatar on this forum. While others are sharing their photos and videos, asking legitimate questions and generally having a good time, when clicking on any of your threads I can be 100% sure there's more bitching and moanig about mostly the same things over and over again. Answering your question further, regarding the RAW image support... If I bought a thing with a known set of features and limitations (no RAW support and no mention of any plans to implement it from the manufacturer) and suddenly found myself obsessing over it not being something else, the lack of actual RAW support would be the least of my problems. I would seek professional help immediately as I'd consider this a sure sign of mental health issues. Just set your expectations reasonably and try to enjoy the thing. Yes, it's not perfect and won't ever be, just like anything else - deal with it and have fun anyway. And if you're unable to then, again, Spark just might not be your main problem.

I'm not going to answer on a post for someone who dose not know me and says that i have mental problems....Maybe look at your self you will find something for sure.Also i cant even think to respond to someone who has only 2240 flight distance this shows me that you are not an experienced pilot ......Its hilarious you think that you know everything.....I only laugh with guys like you...If you dont like my treads dont read it.If you dont like my avatar lol i dont care.......Find a good doctor make some distance with your drone or buy a cheap chinese version of something. and then come to speak to me about drones........
2018-4-12
Use props
ChrisJG
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Vyborny83 Posted at 2018-4-12 08:50
For one, hold to the advertised specs: the advertised max range for the EU is 500m, real range with an android phone in the EU is about 50 ... so, not even close.

As to the other requests, some are mainly to increase Sparks usability in many different scenarios or to improve its safety during use. No software is perfect when you release it and if you have no interest to improve/repair it ... DJI can play deaf to all those requests but they can't expect users to be happy about it and to support them by buing other stuff.

Thanks for the reply. I'm flying with the remote controller, and pretty sure that I get way way more than 50 metres distance. I'll make a note to check the next time I fly, that said, the weather here in the U.K. looks rough for a while.
Attached is a screengrab from my DJI Go 4 app, am assuming that the distances shown are the max distance flown during a flight? At the further distances, it becomes tougher (for my eyes) to keep the Spark in sight.
Chris
2018-4-12
Use props
Vyborny83
lvl.4
Czechia

ChrisJG Posted at 2018-4-12 09:08
Thanks for the reply. I'm flying with the remote controller, and pretty sure that I get way way more than 50 metres distance. I'll make a note to check the next time I fly, that said, the weather here in the U.K. looks rough for a while.
Attached is a screengrab from my DJI Go 4 app, am assuming that the distances shown are the max distance flown during a flight? At the further distances, it becomes tougher (for my eyes) to keep the Spark in sight. [view_image]
Chris

The distance is highly variable from person to person and even from flight to flight. Even I managed to get about 80, maybe 100m a few times but usually some serious disconnects begin about 50m away (in some cases even 30m ...). It's due to a fact that most European android phones can't use the 5,8GHz band and due to different regulations (20x less alowed power for 5,8GHz compared to the US). With an older version of DJI GO 4 and an OTG cable (and 2,4Ghz band between the Spark and the RC) I get around 400m which is close enough to the European specs but through unsupported means (OTG ;) ).
2018-4-12
Use props
ChrisJG
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Vyborny83 Posted at 2018-4-12 09:19
The distance is highly variable from person to person and even from flight to flight. Even I managed to get about 80, maybe 100m a few times but usually some serious disconnects begin about 50m away (in some cases even 30m ...). It's due to a fact that most European android phones can't use the 5,8GHz band and due to different regulations (20x less alowed power for 5,8GHz compared to the US). With an older version of DJI GO 4 and an OTG cable (and 2,4Ghz band between the Spark and the RC) I get around 400m which is close enough to the European specs but through unsupported means (OTG ;) ).

Ah, Android, maybe having an iPhone helps me then? Although it's a 5SE, so not the latest phone...Good luck with your flying, I hope you get the distance sorted, 30 metres is beginner mode, I had that for my first two flights and it was very limiting.
Chris
2018-4-12
Use props
Paco572
lvl.2
Canada

I'm a first time owner of a drone, unfortunately, I bought DJI spark and Crystalsky monitor plus loads of extras. I'm so thoroughly disappointed that I got hooked into this. (NO OTG SUPPORT, NO FIRMWARE UPDATES, NO WAYPOINT SUPPORT, NO ORBIT SUPPORT, BATTERIES POPPING OUT, BLATANT FOVORTISIUM FOR iOS, ANDROID USERS LEFT IN THE DARK, THE LIST IS ENDLESS) . As far as no OTG support, I can't go back in firmware to 4.1.15 because you can't uninstall the go 4 app on the crstalsky.

AS A FIRST TIME DRONE OWNER
I WILL NEVER BUY ANOTHER DJI PRODUCT..........................EVER!!!!

2018-4-12
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

You need for sure the option to deactivate down sensors.They are going crazy above water and glossy surface.The planet pano stich fails on 9 to 10 times.Variation on altitude need fix.Photo experience can be improved add raw .Fake alarms appear for no fly zone etc .Connection issues from the beginning until  now, Image lost !!!! I ASK MY SELF AGAIN DO YOU GUYS DONT HAVE THESE PROBLEMS?????

Then if that’s the case your not following the manufacturers instructions regarding flying close to water or transparent surfaces.
It sounds like you want spark to be a MavAir, but don’t want to pay the extra money.

Most people complain on this forum when FW is introduced .
2018-4-12
Use props
Vyborny83
lvl.4
Czechia

ChrisJG Posted at 2018-4-12 09:54
Ah, Android, maybe having an iPhone helps me then? Although it's a 5SE, so not the latest phone...Good luck with your flying, I hope you get the distance sorted, 30 metres is beginner mode, I had that for my first two flights and it was very limiting.
Chris

Trust me, I am not flying in a beginner mode ;). The 5,8GHz band is banned in Europe with the exception of a Short Range Devices, that's why android phones ment for the EU market don't use it. Apple devices are ignoring this regulation, that's why you get much better distance but if you try to fly the Spark with an Android phone, you'll see for yourself that the advertised flight distance for the Europe is far from what you get ... .
2018-4-12
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Vyborny83 Posted at 2018-4-12 08:50
For one, hold to the advertised specs: the advertised max range for the EU is 500m, real range with an android phone in the EU is about 50 ... so, not even close.

The safety of spark would not be in question if pilot observes reading his manual flying In envoirment that is not suitable, if you want to take spark to extremes then you are the pilot, it’s your responsibility.
Dji do sell other craft with much more capabilities, but it requires paying more money.
2018-4-12
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

ChrisJG Posted at 2018-4-12 08:09
As a newbie to flying a drone and the Spark, am not sure what you mean? My Spark does everything I expected of it, (short of turning me into a better photographer, but I suspect that well beyond the remit of a firmware update)...what else should it do? It is their entry level drone, and probably no longer as profitable for them compared to the newer ones? I'm happy as is with mine.

Spark is a great little aircraft , but for some grass will always be greener on the other side. Enjoy it it’s a great value piece of tech.
2018-4-12
Use props
Vyborny83
lvl.4
Czechia

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-4-12 11:47
The safety of spark would not be in question if pilot observes reading his manual flying In envoirment that is not suitable, if you want to take spark to extremes then you are the pilot, it’s your responsibility.
Dji do sell other craft with much more capabilities, but it requires paying more money.

So ... are you saying that the firmware for the Spark is perfect for every situation and there is no need to improve it ? Quite a bold statement, especially with all the evidence provided here to the contrary. But hey, I know by now how blind you can be to the problems of others ...
2018-4-12
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Paco572 Posted at 2018-4-12 09:58
I'm a first time owner of a drone, unfortunately, I bought DJI spark and Crystalsky monitor plus loads of extras. I'm so thoroughly disappointed that I got hooked into this. (NO OTG SUPPORT, NO FIRMWARE UPDATES, NO WAYPOINT SUPPORT, NO ORBIT SUPPORT, BATTERIES POPPING OUT, BLATANT FOVORTISIUM FOR iOS, ANDROID USERS LEFT IN THE DARK, THE LIST IS ENDLESS) . As far as no OTG support, I can't go back in firmware to 4.1.15 because you can't uninstall the go 4 app on the crstalsky.

AS A FIRST TIME DRONE OWNER

As a first time buyer of a drone you certainly seem to know exactly what you wanted from a drone, except one thing you should have purchased an aircraft that offers what you needed .
2018-4-12
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Vyborny83 Posted at 2018-4-12 11:59
So ... are you saying that the firmware for the Spark is perfect for every situation and there is no need to improve it ? Quite a bold statement, especially with all the evidence provided here to the contrary. But hey, I know by now how blind you can be to the problems of others ...

Well ok maybe you can tell me what problem with safety you are having with your spark, but also remember you can’t have all the safety features of a more expensive drone for the amount of money you paid for Spark. Software and firmware will continue where possible for all dji aircraft, it’s not that long ago that we seen improvements on phantom 2 , which is a very old aircraft.

So if I’m blind to your safety problems tell me what it is I’m blind to, not just the usual blanket statement.
2018-4-12
Use props
BrilhasMuito
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3745554 ft
Brazil

My spark is doing great, I'm pretty happy with it! But improvements are always welcome. I really don't feel DJI treats us the worst way possible. I feel DJI gives a nice support and they are always here to help us out. I have nothing to complain.
2018-4-12
Use props
sSunsets
lvl.4
Flight distance : 311089 ft
United States

Naaa... Gotta disagree, "Treats customers in the worst possible way" That hasn't been my experience, All experiences have resolved my issues. "Politics" HA, DJI is a private oversea's corp. They have a business model on selling the product globely. New products get attention. Think of MS-DOS vs. MS-10 now. ppl took losses for sure.
2018-4-12
Use props
1234Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules