7752 133 2018-4-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_Kf4iPA3DtL3S
lvl.4
Flight distance : 510968 ft
Israel

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-4-13 05:06
Again more ridiculous rhetoric same old diatribe with nothing to go on more than some mod said engineers are working on .
Just because many users asked for improvements, like FPS, RAW, OTG, EXTRA BATTERY LIFE, you think everything suggested should be implemented, you left out FW updates that enhanced the use of spark but that’s easy to conveniently forget and many of these improvements were requested by users, but you choose to ignore when you write how dji is trying to forget about spark users.

You seem to be keen on counting firmware updates. Let's get focused here shall we?
How many firmware updates did Spark have in the last 4 months? like, in the calendar year 2018?
Don't bother, I'll answer for you.
Big fat flat zero.
In the meantime during 2018 Mavic Pro had two firmware updates, Mavic Air had three during its short life, even Phantom 4 Pro had one.
Pretty clear where the developmental effort is tilting.
You're counting the updates of 2017 when Spark was the new kid in town and had DJI's developmental efforts and attention. That is no longer the case, as it seems. Dwindling stocks in the shop, no more updates for a while, no new Spark features in the last 3-4 versions of Go4. Ignore it all you like, as you usually do.
2018-4-13
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

djiuser_Kf4iPA3DtL3S Posted at 2018-4-13 12:15
You seem to be keen on counting firmware updates. Let's get focused here shall we?
How many firmware updates did Spark have in the last 4 months? like, in the calendar year 2018?
Don't bother, i'll answer for you.

Listening to you I’m convinced you know nothing and make everything up, you are the epitome of the guy who’s glass is always half empty.

Firmware upgrades are there to improve the working handling and safety of your aircraft, you on the other hand believe that firmware is there to make your spark into an inspire2, You are one of the first up here complaining when firmware is introduced and goes wrong , and yet you continue to look for it.

You might be lucky if you get an software update once a year with your phone something that costs about the same as a spark and after 2 years it becomes obsolete, I dread to think how many other forums you are on with your ridiculous notions.

Saying that stocks are running low at stores is just BS, when stocks are running low it’s because the product is selling out, we can see at dji store everything in stock 1 business day delivery if this was from Apple there would be parades in the streets, but again you try to turn this into something it’s totally not, and spark will still be around this time next year.
Remember we have seen a firmware update for a phantom 2 yes 2 in 2017 so how old is that machine, or maybe you can tell me 1 Aircraft dji has stopped supporting , but you can’t , but you would rather try to create your own piece of ridiculous hysteria, you are here not to help anyone but to try to complain as much as you can even if it takes some ridiculous stupid statements of which you know nothing about .

2018-4-13
Use props
djiuser_Kf4iPA3DtL3S
lvl.4
Flight distance : 510968 ft
Israel

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-4-13 12:52
Listening to you I’m convinced you know nothing and make everything up, you are the epitome of the guy who’s glass is always half empty.

Firmware upgrades are there to improve the working handling and safety of your aircraft, you on the other hand believe that firmware is there to make your spark into an inspire2, You are one of the first up here complaining when firmware is introduced and goes wrong , and yet you continue to look for it.

Hey, you;re the one who counted firmware updates as a measure of the developmental attention given to Spark. Not me.
So now when you focus on 2018 it flies right back in your face, so you throw it out the window...

Spark is now available in the shop in Fly More Combo only. you cannot buy it standalone anymore, they are all marked as out of stock. Oh, I was wrong, standalone is out of stock in blue as well...

There is a precedent of a DJI drone being discontinued from production a year after coming to market. Maybe even less than that. Phantom 4 was discontinued soon after the 4 Pro came out. So DJI had done that before.

2018-4-13
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

djiuser_Kf4iPA3DtL3S Posted at 2018-4-13 13:03
Hey, you;re the one who counted firmware updates as a measure of the developmental attention given to Spark. Not me.
So now when you focus on 2018 it flies right back in your face, so you throw it out the window... a beef steak on the grill flips less quickly than you.

No I don’t , we can see very much around here that they’re are much less problems with spark so the need for FW updates should show us that this aircraft has very few problems. What your looking for is silly upgrades that you just don’t want to pay for.

And if we take FW updates as a barrier as to how much interest dji is showing to their aircraft ( which I certainly believe is ridiculous) but ill humour you. P4Pro got a FW update at end of January , previous FW update was may 2017 maybe you can tell me how this measures up to your ridiculous notions, yes count it ALMOST 8 months, For dji’s second biggest selling drone, if we use your analogy we all should have thrown out our P4Pro last October .

So in essence I have again had to prove you know very little about how all this works, but stick around you might learn something.
2018-4-13
Use props
Mr Sparkle
lvl.4
Australia

I am glad there's no new firmware. The current firmware can still be modded, so it's great.
2018-4-13
Use props
Vyborny83
lvl.4
Flight distance : 166014 ft
Czechia

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-4-13 13:18
No I don’t , we can see very much around here that they’re are much less problems with spark so the need for FW updates should show us that this aircraft has very few problems. What your looking for is silly upgrades that you just don’t want to pay for.

And if we take FW updates as a barrier as to how much interest dji is showing to their aircraft ( which I certainly believe is ridiculous) but ill humour you. P4Pro got a FW update at end of January , previous FW update was may 2017 maybe you can tell me how this measures up to your ridiculous notions, yes count it ALMOST 8 months, For dji’s second biggest selling drone, if we use your analogy we all should have thrown out our P4Pro last October .

Over the last 6 months we have seen literally hundreds of people complaining about the ridiculously low range under the CE. Not to mention all the others complaining about the high input lag and other problems. There is no way you can cover it up. The new treads/posts from the new people who bought the Spark and are dissapointed with the results appear almost every day.

I even had to prepare a how to instructions that I keep copying/pasting to them so they can downgrade the DJI GO 4 app and use the OTG cable. All of us that try to help them are not doing it to cause a panic but to actually help them to see that the Spark can be an excellent, reliable and safe to fly drone.

Nobody can be surprised that people feel abandoned by DJI because it has been six months by now since they broke the OTG and promised to return it. Like it or not, this is not how you should treat your customers ...
2018-4-14
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Vyborny83 Posted at 2018-4-14 02:04
Over the last 6 months we have seen literally hundreds of people complaining about the ridiculously low range under the CE. Not to mention all the others complaining about the high input lag and other problems. There is no way you can cover it up. The new treads/posts from the new people who bought the Spark and are dissapointed with the results appear almost every day.

I even had to prepare a how to instructions that I keep copying/pasting to them so they can downgrade the DJI GO 4 app and use the OTG cable. All of us that try to help them are not doing it to cause a panic but to actually help them to see that the Spark can be an excellent, reliable and safe to fly drone.

Nobody should feel abandoned, you talk about new users well the simple fact is new users knew otg was not supported, and just like MavAir which uses cable we see many people with issues regarding low range and transmission problems , most of it caused by bad envoirment or bad setup,
I don’t believe there is any conspiracy on dji’s behalf to take away the use of otg , which is being portrayed here and frankly it’s a bit ridiculous to be making this argument.
Regarding complaints, that’s what this forum is mostly used for so I expect to read plenty complaining, on this forum, you can only get information from moderators, unless you take it further up the line to see if any further information can be got, but it’s very clear from those on this forum that this Avenue has not been pursued.
Regardless of what you think it is very evident around here that there is a much better experience flying the spark for most people, since it was first released, this is most likely as a result of many becoming more experienced flying this drone and FW updates ironing out bugs.
And as I have already explained regarding FW updates we seen clearly that P4Pro was without FW updates for almost 7 months and many minor bugs , but the FW to iron out the bugs did arrive.

Spark was sold in its original form not intended to use OTG and that is the way we all purchased it so if we did our due diligence we would all know that otg was not supported, so any expectation should not have been there.
There is a misnomer here when people talk about OTG, no other dji craft uses OTG to connect remote to device, they just use a cable not an OTG , and there was never a cable either issued or available for use with spark , we are still waiting for dji to produce a cable to operate spark to Crystalsky which was promised both here on this forum and on dji website.

Dji is not responsible for the curbing of distance under CE regulations, the stated max distance in 2.4 500m and 5.8 300m we are all aware of this and these distances can vary greatly depending on envoirment,
If you take US for instance if someone in the US gets 1000m in 5.8 he is very happy, but it’s only 50% of stated distance under perfect conditions, but he is quite happy and is flying under FCC regs.
Now take the CE guy if he gets 50% in 5.8ghz which is only 150m he is totally pis#ed, yet it is 50% same as the guy in US, so who is at fault CE regs.
And the result of all this is to lay the blame at the door of dji whose hands are tied regarding CE regs. I can tell you for a an absolute fact I have two friends flying under CE using android have no problems getting good transmission and flying further than 200m , I’ve seen one of them fly further than 400m, so while it may seem around here that everyone in EU flying using Android is having problems, this is far from reality.
And to finish so far I have not seen one post where someone has returned their spark as a defect because of lack of distance, and this statistic should be taken into account when you say that hundreds are complaining.
2018-4-14
Use props
Vyborny83
lvl.4
Czechia

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-4-14 03:12
Nobody should feel abandoned, you talk about new users well the simple fact is new users knew otg was not supported, and just like MavAir which uses cable we see many people with issues regarding low range and transmission problems , most of it caused by bad envoirment or bad setup,
I don’t believe there is any conspiracy on dji’s behalf to take away the use of otg , which is being portrayed here and frankly it’s a bit ridiculous to be making this argument.
Regarding complaints, that’s what this forum is mostly used for so I expect to read plenty complaining, on this forum, you can only get information from moderators, unless you take it further up the line to see if any further information can be got, but it’s very clear from those on this forum that this Avenue has not been pursued.

Nobody is blaming DJI for restrictive CE regulations but we can a we will blame them for breaking the OTG which for a lot of us is the only way how to pilot the spark without some serious diconnects even at a close range. If it never worked at all, nobody would say a thing but since it worked, somebody HAD TO DELIBERATELY DISABLE IT.  Once they fix it as they promised many times over the last few months (and did on iOS several months ago ... one of the reasons people feel abandoned). I will gladly stop bugging them for it.

It is pointless to argue about why we haven't returned our drones because by the time we bought them the OTG worked and so the Spark worked as advertised. It's impossible to return it now as it has been used many times ...

Ironically by pointing this out and keeping this problem alive, the newcomers who bought their Spark recently and are not satistifed with its range can use these threads to learn that there is a way for them to improve their experience by OTG and instead of returning the Spark with a lot of anger they might keep it and fly it ...
2018-4-14
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Vyborny83 Posted at 2018-4-14 05:14
Nobody is blaming DJI for restrictive CE regulations but we can a we will blame them for breaking the OTG which for a lot of us is the only way how to pilot the spark without some serious diconnects even at a close range. If it never worked at all, nobody would say a thing but since it worked, somebody HAD TO DELIBERATELY DISABLE IT.  Once they fix it as they promised many times over the last few months (and did on iOS several months ago ... one of the reasons people feel abandoned). I will gladly stop bugging them for it.

It is pointless to argue about why we haven't returned our drones because by the time we bought them the OTG worked and so the Spark worked as advertised. It's impossible to return it now as it has been used many times ...

What a ridiculous  person you are, to even suggest that someone at dji deliberately cut off otg fro a few in CE Europe to then give it to all iOS users worldwide, only a clown would come up with this ridiculous rationale. And further shows the lack of savvy you sho by printing such a ridiculous statement.
You are not worth debating this with any longer if this is how you try to conduct a debate, you accept nothing that’s logical.

I will say it again otg was never supported and until it is supported by dji then they haven’t broken anything that was in their manifest when launching or right up to the present day.
2018-4-14
Use props
Vyborny83
lvl.4
Czechia

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-4-14 05:56
What a ridiculous stupid moron you are, to even suggest that someone at dji deliberately cut off otg fro a few in CE Europe to then give it to all iOS users worldwide, only a clown would come up with this ridiculous rationale. And further shows the lack of savvy you sho by printing such a ridiculous statement.
You are not worth debating this with any longer if this is how you try to conduct a debate, you accept nothing that’s logical.

Simple logic dictates that when OTG works in DJI GO 4.1.15 and doesn't work in DJI GO 4.1.18, somebody had to do something to break it. The same logic dictates that since there have been several newer versions already and nobody took the time to fix it (unlike in the app for iOS where they fixed it almost immediatelly) it was not simply by a mistake.

You may disagree, you may try to insult me for it but it is a fact. The more you will try to cover it up the more I will keep reminding it so stop trolling around and leave this thread alone.
2018-4-14
Use props
Gunship9
lvl.4
United States

Putting a whole lot on what OTG cables can accomplish.  Fix bad backs, bring peace to Europe, keep the French from surrendering to the Germans or Somalians , and enable Sparks to fly beyond eyesight.  I would have to see the spectrum analyzer screen shots to see how the OTG reduces interference on wifi channels to become a believer.  Sadly, DJI engineers have bigger fish to fry than troubleshooting why the OTG doesn't work with the spark controller when it isn't a supported feature.  They are busy with designing the new Ronin S with focus control, and the new Force Pro controllers.  The Ronin S doesn't link to Sony cameras so come on DJI with the Ronin S update.  
2018-4-14
Use props
davidmartingraf
Second Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>

djiuser_Kf4iPA3DtL3S Posted at 2018-4-13 07:09
If I understood their plight correctly, it's because in Europe the 5.8GHz range is not available in phones in Europe like in the US. For many Europeans that means they have to connect to their RCs to their phones using the 2.4GHz band, and then they have to connect to their RCs to Spark in the 5.8GHz  band which allows much shorter range (due to faster propagation decay of the higher frequency).

OK, are you stating the phones in Europe do not have dual band WiFi just 2.4GHz not 5GHz, as well?  Here in the U.S. we have dual band WiFi and my Samsung S7 connects to the Spark in 5.8GHz, but the connection is made over the faster 5GHz internal band of the Phone, not the internal 2.4GHz band of the Phone.

I don't think people in Europe are without Samsung Galaxy S7,S8,S9 phones or Google Nexus/Pixel or Apple iPhones, they all have dual band phones, it's just that when the 2.4GHz band of the Phone when it connects to the 2.4GHz of the Remote Controller, the range of distance is longer but the speed of the signal transferring is slower on the 2.4GHz band of the Remote Controller to the 2.4GHz of the Phone, than would be transferring 2.4GHz of the Remote Controller to 5GHz of the Phone, as it will be internalized and displayed much more faster on the Phone than displaying and transmitting off 2.4GHz of the Phone.  

2018-4-14
Use props
davidmartingraf
Second Officer
  • >>>

I don't know how many of you watched my video of the Spark flying 10,000 feet and returning back all on WiFi without using an OTG cable and instead just a pair of parabolic dish antennas.

2018-4-14
Use props
davidmartingraf
Second Officer
  • >>>

The range of my Spark achieved the 10,000 feet distance and the transmission taken on my Screen Recorder looks excellent up to 10,000 and I don't see how OTG would be here an improvement? I achieved this result because my phone is Samsung S7 using the 5GHz WiFi band of the phone from the 5.8GHz of the Remote Controller. Rarely are people near each other using 5.8GHz to connect to 5GHz or 2.4GHz, but the 2.4GHz has latency and is much slower aggregating the video and transmitting it back to your phone.

Even using OcuSync Technology or Lightbride or whatever you call it, this proprietary enhanced WiFi of the Spark is similar to OcuSync except it doesn't transmit the video feed from WiFi to the Phone in HD, and if you used a 2.4GHz band of the Phone to Ocusync, it would try and feed the video back to the Phone in HD, but a 5GHz dual band phone is able to transmit and display without much delay the feed of the video into HD on the Phone.
2018-4-14
Use props
Vyborny83
lvl.4
Czechia

davidmartingraf Posted at 2018-4-14 10:51
OK, are you stating the phones in Europe do not have dual band WiFi just 2.4GHz not 5GHz, as well?  Here in the U.S. we have dual band WiFi and my Samsung S7 connects to the Spark in 5.8GHz, but the connection is made over the faster 5GHz internal band of the Phone, not the internal 2.4GHz band of the Phone.

I don't think people in Europe are without Samsung Galaxy S7,S8,S9 phones or Google Nexus/Pixel or Apple iPhones, they all have dual band phones, it's just that when the 2.4GHz band of the Phone when it connects to the 2.4GHz of the Remote Controller, the range of distance is longer but the speed of the signal transferring is slower on the 2.4GHz band of the Remote Controller to the 2.4GHz of the Phone, than would be transferring 2.4GHz of the Remote Controller to 5GHz of the Phone, as it will be internalized and displayed much more faster on the Phone than displaying and transmitting off 2.4GHz of the Phone.

Unless you are some sort of a troll like Hallmark, READ THE EXPLANATION THIS TIME and don't comment till you do.

Let's start with the official specs:

Max Transmission Distance      
2.412 - 2.462 GHz (unobstructed, free of interference)
FCC: 1.2 mi (2 km); CE: 0.3 mi (500 m)
SRRC: 0.3 mi (500 m); MIC: 0.3 mi (500 m)
5.745 - 5.825 GHz (unobstructed, free of interference)
FCC: 1.2 mi (2 km); CE: 0.18 mi (300 m)
SRRC: 0.7 mi (1.2 km); MIC: -

The main problem is that unlike the US, the Europe uses much more strict regulations concerning the maximal allowed output of the transmitter. For the 5,8GHz its 0.5mW in the US (FCC) vs 0.025mW for the EU (CE), for those who have problems with math, it's 20x less.

But that's not all. Most of European android phones can't use the 5,8GHz band. Even dualband phones end at 5,7GHz. It's because the 5,8GHz band is not allowed in Europe with the exception of a Short Range Devices https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_WLAN_channels . And even those devices are limited by those 0,025mW of maximal power. The problem is that when you take a look at the definition of Short Range Devices, you do not even see Smartphone or Remote controller category http://www.etsi.org/technologies ... hort-range-devices. That's why android phones do not use the 5,8GHz band.

Now comes the good part, due to the inability to use the 5,8GHz for the Phone-RC connection, you are stuck with this ridiculously weak connection for Spark-RC. I really do not know how DJI got those 300m in official specs but there are literally hundreds of people that have trouble reaching 100m with this. Quite often some serious disconnects begin even sooner (50m, give or take). Essentially, the official specs are a fraud if you are planning to use the Spark the DJI recommended way.

And this is where the OTG comes in. If you use it to connect the Phone to the RC, you can use the 2,4GHz band for the Spark-RC connection and since this band has much more allowed power, you get significantly better results. In my case around 400m without disconnect which is much closer to official 500m for this band (still about 4x less what you get in the US though...)

For a large number of European users this is the only way how they can fly their Sparks safely. That's why we immediatelly after DJI broke it asked for this feature to be reenabled. DJI Mods here told us it was a mistake and that it will be restored ... but half a year (and 5 or 6 updates ? I have lost tracks) later, it still does not work.

That's why there are hundreds of threads here where people complain about the ridiculously low range and why some of us keep copying/pasting how to downgrade to an older versions so that the owners can actually use the drone they bought under the advertised specs. Btw, thanks for nothing DJI for NOT PINNING any of these advices for all those who keep coming with the complains about the range ... really helpful.

If you take a look at the changelogs of the last few newest versions of DJI GO 4, you will notice that all the updates are for Mavic Air, there are no updates for the Spark, not a single one from all the suggestions made since the last summer. That's why people feel that DJI has abandoned them and the Spark as well.

The other problem is that larger drones like Mavic pro and others are too large/heavy/expensive for some of us. Seriously, I am an amateur outdoor photographer, everything I carry I carry in a backpack and every gram counts. No to mention the fact that I could probably survive if I loose the Spark due to some crash, but the other drones are significantly more expensive and since I am interrested in panoramatic pictures alone, 4k camera and other features simply do not justify the higher cost of other drones. The only possible upgrade for me could be Mavic Air ... but ... since I am stuck on DJI GO 4.1.14 because I need the OTG, I can't even buy it since this version would not recognize it ...
2018-4-14
Use props
Vyborny83
lvl.4
Czechia

Gunship9 Posted at 2018-4-14 09:19
Putting a whole lot on what OTG cables can accomplish.  Fix bad backs, bring peace to Europe, keep the French from surrendering to the Germans or Somalians , and enable Sparks to fly beyond eyesight.  I would have to see the spectrum analyzer screen shots to see how the OTG reduces interference on wifi channels to become a believer.  Sadly, DJI engineers have bigger fish to fry than troubleshooting why the OTG doesn't work with the spark controller when it isn't a supported feature.  They are busy with designing the new Ronin S with focus control, and the new Force Pro controllers.  The Ronin S doesn't link to Sony cameras so come on DJI with the Ronin S update.

Read the explanation above as you clearly have no idea what are you talking about ....
2018-4-14
Use props
KlooGee
Second Officer
Flight distance : 16783757 ft
  • >>>
United States

Vyborny83 Posted at 2018-4-14 11:52
Unless you are some sort of a troll like Hallmark, READ THE EXPLANATION THIS TIME and don't comment till you do.

You mention that there have been no Spark updates since last summer. There was a firmware update (v01.00.0900)  for the Spark in late December and a DJI Go 4 (V4.1.22) update in January with noted updates for the Spark.

Also, in your last statement in regards to not being able to move to the Mavic Air since you are stuck on an old version of DJI Go 4.  Why couldn’t you upgrade DJI Go 4 to the latest version to support the Mavic Air?  If you upgraded to the Air, you wouldn’t have a need for the Spark, especially since it doesn’t work for you.  So why wouldn’t you ditch the old DJI Go 4 and use the latest version to support the Air?
2018-4-14
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

It’s disingenuous to tell lies here to make your case, nobody from dji said it was a mistake neither dji mods or engineers.
Make your case but be factual.

Answer given was engineers are working on it, but it is not supported yet.
2018-4-14
Use props
WebParrot
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23625 ft
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-4-14 13:39
It’s disingenuous to tell lies here to make your case, nobody from dji said it was a mistake neither dji mods or engineers.
Make your case but be factual.

Remember that suggestion that I made about an [ IGNORE ] button ?  I'll bet you'd like to have one for this conversation!
2018-4-14
Use props
WebParrot
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23625 ft
  • >>>
United States

[ IGNORE ]
2018-4-14
Use props
Vyborny83
lvl.4
Czechia

KlooGee Posted at 2018-4-14 13:00
You mention that there have been no Spark updates since last summer. There was a firmware update (v01.00.0900)  for the Spark in late December and a DJI Go 4 (V4.1.22) update in January with noted updates for the Spark.

Also, in your last statement in regards to not being able to move to the Mavic Air since you are stuck on an old version of DJI Go 4.  Why couldn’t you upgrade DJI Go 4 to the latest version to support the Mavic Air?  If you upgraded to the Air, you wouldn’t have a need for the Spark, especially since it doesn’t work for you.  So why wouldn’t you ditch the old DJI Go 4 and use the latest version to support the Air?

Nope, we stated that there has been no updates this year and since DJI GO 4 was released in december last year it still stands. Besides, even this update just updated some guides and added a support to simmultaneously download updates ... so still nothing from what people asked for ...

You can also refresh your memory and see how this update was accepted in here https://forum.dji.com/thread-123901-1-1.html. It's highly recommended reading for Hallmark as there is a lot's of angry people complainning about a problem that doesn't exist according to him.

As to the Mavic Air ... imagine you buy a smart car. Before you buy it you do extensive research, watch a lot of reviews and based on these informations you buy it. Now imagine that a firmware upgrade cripples your car so you can't go faster than 30mph ... they promise you a fix but even after 6 months there is none ... would you really buy another car from them ?
2018-4-14
Use props
WilfredFireSteel 8
lvl.4
Flight distance : 182215 ft
United Kingdom

ChrisJG Posted at 2018-4-13 10:31
Hi, yes, the Broads have an "enlightened" approach to drone flyers compared to some. I'm very fortunate that I am a member of the Norwich Astro Society and can fly (within reason) at Seething, and at the huge space behind Wym Abbey. Be good to compare flying locations and notes? Thetford Forest interesting, but likely to get into trouble if you fly there!
Chris

Oh wow wish i could say the same for the people of Suffolk!!  Yeah for sure, would be good to compare!!! Hahaha yeah i mean i'm kind of used to getting told off now especially after my trip to N.Ireland!! I deal with it in a friendly and professional manor always and do as i'm told!
2018-4-15
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... &fromuid=260008

Think you will find dji have not abandoned anyone, as you will see with upcoming dji go release for android, optimized otg for android users, so moderators were not lying dji didn’t abandon spark users, nor did the remove otg on purpose from android users.
I hope it works for you and an end can be put to this.
2018-4-17
Use props
mixchief
lvl.4
Flight distance : 182057 ft
  • >>>
United States

What makes this post funnier is that the spark has more features than most of the REAL PRO drones like the Inspire series and yes it includes both 1 and 2, yet the spark is a fraction of the money and basically a toy drone, I guess the next complains will be about the little $100 toy that doesn't measure up to the Mavic Pro, which btw, doesn't have all the features of the Air. I have to go to Litchi to get features the Go app should have for my Inspire 1, but I know it is older tech with dwindling support, fortunately DJI permits third party software development. The moral here is, get some perspective and deal with the limits of what you paid for, hmm what limits, that little thing can do way more out of the box than my Inspire can.
2018-4-17
Use props
Vyborny83
lvl.4
Czechia

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-4-17 03:10
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=144521&fromuid=260008

Think you will find dji have not abandoned anyone, as you will see with upcoming dji go release for android, optimized otg for android users, so moderators were not lying dji didn’t abandon spark users, nor did the remove otg on purpose from android users.

Well, before I share my thoughts I'd like to remind everybody that the main purpouse why we wanted the OTG back was because since a lot of android phones can't use the 5,8GHz, we needed a way to use the 2,4GHz for the RC-Spark connection to be able to fly further (this band has much higher allowed max output than 5,8GHz).

So, I've tested the DJI GO 4 4.2.12 build 557 and I can confirm that the app shows the flight data again ... the bad news is that when on this version, I can't see the signal strenght of any WiFi channel, nor can I switch between the 5,8 and 2,4GHz at all (with and without OTG cable as well) ... so, this rant has obviously caused a reaction so we know they didn't forget about us, but ... they managed to get the OTG working again and at the same time, they managed to disable the main reason why we wanted it ... rolling back to 4.1.14 ... I'll put some info in the thread you have sent a link to as well
2018-4-17
Use props
Vyborny83
lvl.4
Czechia

mixchief Posted at 2018-4-17 06:07
What makes this post funnier is that the spark has more features than most of the REAL PRO drones like the Inspire series and yes it includes both 1 and 2, yet the spark is a fraction of the money and basically a toy drone, I guess the next complains will be about the little $100 toy that doesn't measure up to the Mavic Pro, which btw, doesn't have all the features of the Air. I have to go to Litchi to get features the Go app should have for my Inspire 1, but I know it is older tech with dwindling support, fortunately DJI permits third party software development. The moral here is, get some perspective and deal with the limits of what you paid for, hmm what limits, that little thing can do way more out of the box than my Inspire can.

Nope, the funny thing is how much you envy us our little drone. Anyway, I wonder how you would react if DJI released an update that would cripple your inspire to maximum of 50m range .... because that is what this is all about (mainly).
2018-4-17
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Vyborny83 Posted at 2018-4-17 09:48
Well, before I share my thoughts I'd like to remind everybody that the main purpouse why we wanted the OTG back was because since a lot of android phones can't use the 5,8GHz, we needed a way to use the 2,4GHz for the RC-Spark connection to be able to fly further (this band has much higher allowed max output than 5,8GHz).

So, I've tested the DJI GO 4 4.2.12 build 557 and I can confirm that the app shows the flight data again ... the bad news is that when on this version, I can't see the signal strenght of any WiFi channel, nor can I switch between the 5,8 and 2,4GHz at all (with and without OTG cable as well) ... so, this rant has obviously caused a reaction so we know they didn't forget about us, but ... they managed to get the OTG working again and at the same time, they managed to disable the main reason why we wanted it ... rolling back to 4.1.14 ... I'll put some info in the thread you have sent a link to as well

I think you might be better waiting to see how others get on, maybe you have a faulty unit, but anyways you can continue ranting, as you can see in this thread there are two people having your problems and your one of them , maybe the hundreds know how to work these drones.
2018-4-17
Use props
Vyborny83
lvl.4
Czechia

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-4-17 10:15
I think you might be better waiting to see how others get on, maybe you have a faulty unit, but anyways you can continue ranting, as you can see in this thread there are two people having your problems and your one of them , maybe the hundreds know how to work these drones.

It takes a really closed mind to ignore all those threads and all those people complaining about the same thing. What I really don't get about you is why are you acting so aggresive when anybody points out that their software is not perfect and has some flaws ? Do you have your lifetime savings in their stocks and are you afraid you might loose them or what ? All we are trying to do is to get them to fix the software so that everybody can use it safely, be happy about it and recommend the drones to their frends.

What do you want to gain by this angry rant of yours ?
2018-4-17
Use props
mixchief
lvl.4
Flight distance : 182057 ft
  • >>>
United States

Vyborny83 Posted at 2018-4-17 09:55
Nope, the funny thing is how much you envy us our little drone. Anyway, I wonder how you would react if DJI released an update that would cripple your inspire to maximum of 50m range .... because that is what this is all about (mainly).

One of the many app updates in  recent history pretty much crippled the majority of DJI drones in the field to 50 m, so I do know what it feels like, I also know what is lie to have the app tell me my battery is dead when second time I fired it up it was at 45% and within 2 seconds was dead and Inspire landed upon reboot everything was terrific. We pretty much are all subjected to the DJI pains at one point or another, and the more money we pay the more problems we buy. Yes we are masochists and loving it. Jelous? not at all, I get much better quality photos and video from the X5S and that is what it's all about for me, I am however considering a more compact platform so I don't have to buy luggage space when I fly.
2018-4-17
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Vyborny83 Posted at 2018-4-17 10:22
It takes a really closed mind to ignore all those threads and all those people complaining about the same thing. What I really don't get about you is why are you acting so aggresive when anybody points out that their software is not perfect and has some flaws ? Do you have your lifetime savings in their stocks and are you afraid you might loose them or what ? All we are trying to do is to get them to fix the software so that everybody can use it safely, be happy about it and recommend the drones to their frends.

What do you want to gain by this angry rant of yours ?

Aggressive would you call saying dji abandoned spark users, (not true) dji deliberately broke otg for those in Europe using android (not true) dji mods said dji made a mistake (more lies), continually spreading hysteria trying to convince others that they bought something that was supported when it was continually being said that otg was never supported, continually knocking others calling them trolls and fanboys, you don’t call any of this aggressive.
From almost the first week when otg didn’t work for a small few in Europe , mods came on here saying that engineers would work on this problem,
Your advice to others was try to create hysteria by calling mods out for not being truthful and towing the dji line, although we know now that they were telling it exactly as it was and is.
You forget that there are many who jumped on the bandwagon of spreading the hysteria causing confusion when there was no need for any,
Your approach was to try to bully people into believing that those who said that the matter would be sorted , firstly because you were told it would be sorted, but mainly because they have had much more experience of similar incidences , but your idea was to bully those who said wait it will happen or they had other avenues open to them.
Your chickens have now come home to Roost. Make the most of it.

“Knowing what's right doesn't mean much unless you do what's right.”
2018-4-17
Use props
Vyborny83
lvl.4
Czechia

mixchief Posted at 2018-4-17 11:43
One of the many app updates in  recent history pretty much crippled the majority of DJI drones in the field to 50 m, so I do know what it feels like, I also know what is lie to have the app tell me my battery is dead when second time I fired it up it was at 45% and within 2 seconds was dead and Inspire landed upon reboot everything was terrific. We pretty much are all subjected to the DJI pains at one point or another, and the more money we pay the more problems we buy. Yes we are masochists and loving it. Jelous? not at all, I get much better quality photos and video from the X5S and that is what it's all about for me, I am however considering a more compact platform so I don't have to buy luggage space when I fly.

Interresting way how to look at it. I have to admit that I don't share your masochistic point of view, especially when the bug is preventing me from taking a perfect panorama ;). But since you live in the US I can easily recommend both Spark and Mavic Air. I think they'll surprise you with what they can do .
2018-4-17
Use props
Vyborny83
lvl.4
Czechia

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-4-17 11:48
Aggressive would you call saying dji abandoned spark users, (not true) dji deliberately broke otg for those in Europe using android (not true) dji mods said dji made a mistake (more lies), continually spreading hysteria trying to convince others that they bought something that was supported when it was continually being said that otg was never supported, continually knocking others calling them trolls and fanboys, you don’t call any of this aggressive.
From almost the first week when otg didn’t work for a small few in Europe , mods came on here saying that engineers would work on this problem,
Your advice to others was try to create hysteria by calling mods out for not being truthful and towing the dji line, although we know now that they were telling it exactly as it was and is.

I seriously hope you take some pills for your condition and hope you get better soon ;).
2018-4-17
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Vyborny83 Posted at 2018-4-17 12:07
Interresting way how to look at it. I have to admit that I don't share your masochistic point of view, especially when the bug is preventing me from taking a perfect panorama ;). But since you live in the US I can easily recommend both Spark and Mavic Air. I think they'll surprise you with what they can do .

Most photographers would take panoramas manually, that’s how you get much better results and it’s quite simple with no bugs.
2018-4-17
Use props
Vyborny83
lvl.4
Czechia

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-4-17 12:18
Most photographers would take panoramas manually, that’s how you get much better results and it’s quite simple with no bugs.

Yeah, the "bug" I was refering to was the small flight distance on 5,8GHz that often isn't enough to get the Spark where I need it (that's why I stick to 4.1.14). The panorama mode itself works great and I also stitch the full sized photos myself using 3rd party apps ;). I just love that Spark takes all the photos for me (mostly 3x7 matrix).
2018-4-17
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Vyborny83 Posted at 2018-4-17 12:24
Yeah, the "bug" I was refering to was the small flight distance on 5,8GHz that often isn't enough to get the Spark where I need it (that's why I stick to 4.1.14). The panorama mode itself works great and I also stitch the full sized photos myself using 3rd party apps ;). I just love that Spark takes all the photos for me (mostly 3x7 matrix).

Maybe we will see this great work someday , seem like you could climb to 65m today , taking panoramas from 49 metres is ideal, not sure how you have a problem.
2018-4-17
Use props
FlyinMajic2day
lvl.3
Flight distance : 361552 ft
United States

BRB....getting more popcorn....
2018-4-17
Use props
medyq69
lvl.3
Flight distance : 15358 ft
Poland

everyone i know left spark and changed to mavic air so they maybe think the same as customers :p
2018-4-17
Use props
RjMllr
lvl.4
Flight distance : 17913 ft
Philippines

FlyinMajic2day Posted at 2018-4-17 12:57
BRB....getting more popcorn....

Hey, toss some here! I am running out too
2018-4-17
Use props
DameEdnaBrown
lvl.1
Flight distance : 285587 ft
Australia

I don't  think that the Spark app needs improving. I'm happy if the app is stable & doesn't crash. If someone needs extra flight modes then they can get a mavic air or if better range a mavic pro.
2018-4-18
Use props
JimFandango
lvl.4
Flight distance : 130768 ft
United Kingdom

DameEdnaBrown Posted at 2018-4-18 07:11
I don't  think that the Spark app needs improving. I'm happy if the app is stable & doesn't crash. If someone needs extra flight modes then they can get a mavic air or if better range a mavic pro.

I agree with this. I've had my Spark for a couple of weeks and I don't find myself yearning for a feature that isn't there. I did do a lot of research before I bought it, though, so I knew what its limitations were.
2018-4-18
Use props
1234Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules