Is this the end?
7760 133 2018-4-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jimm00re
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1277503 ft
United States

I purchased my first spark last August. Since then I have seen updates and new features like Sphere mode that did not initially come with my spark. In my opinion DJI has supported my drone. Like most products, I'm actally glad the updates are less frequent as the issues have been addressed.  I have recently purchased a P4A a second drone. It doesn't even have basic pano modes, am I upset about that?, no, I researched my purchase and knew that going in. If DJI updates to add that feature cool, if they dont, cool....
2018-4-18
Use props
Vyborny83
lvl.4
Flight distance : 166014 ft
Czechia

DameEdnaBrown Posted at 2018-4-18 07:11
I don't  think that the Spark app needs improving. I'm happy if the app is stable & doesn't crash. If someone needs extra flight modes then they can get a mavic air or if better range a mavic pro.

Another FCC driven post ... it's really getting tiresome. If I had a range Austrailia or US has, I'd be happy too. But believe it or not, not every country uses as benevolent regulations concerning the strength of a WiFi signal and if you'd started to loose the signal after 50m (max advertised range is 500m for Europe), you'd change your mind too. That's why it is so important that we can use the OTG cable (and choose the band at the same time ;) ).
2018-4-18
Use props
Gunship9
Second Officer
United States

jimm00re Posted at 2018-4-18 07:40
I purchased my first spark last August. Since then I have seen updates and new features like Sphere mode that did not initially come with my spark. In my opinion DJI has supported my drone. Like most products, I'm actally glad the updates are less frequent as the issues have been addressed.  I have recently purchased a P4A a second drone. It doesn't even have basic pano modes, am I upset about that?, no, I researched my purchase and knew that going in. If DJI updates to add that feature cool, if they dont, cool....

Where you the guy who got the Phantom 4 Advance when it went on sale for $800?  How do you like it?  Use it a lot or never take it out?  The bigger camera looks tempting but I don't need much airborne video.  Just an establishing shot or two.
2018-4-18
Use props
jimm00re
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1277503 ft
United States

Gunship9 Posted at 2018-4-18 07:59
Where you the guy who got the Phantom 4 Advance when it went on sale for $800?  How do you like it?  Use it a lot or never take it out?  The bigger camera looks tempting but I don't need much airborne video.  Just an establishing shot or two.

Yep, The 1" sensor is exactly what I was hoping for... more image detail.  There is a little more work in setup and take down and the size is not as nearly convenient as the spark, but for those times you just want more, its there. The spark will remain my primary bird.
2018-4-18
Use props
Vyborny83
lvl.4
Czechia

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-4-17 12:31
Maybe we will see this great work someday , seem like you could climb to 65m today , taking panoramas from 49 metres is ideal, not sure how you have a problem.

If you are on a flat piece of land it may be true but I live in a kinda hilly part of the country. High hills, deep valleys ... a lot of really beautifull places but some of them hard to reach and that's why I need the range the Spark gives me on 4.1.14 with an OTG. I could try to upload some pano but it will be brutally compressed, it's original size is about 50MB ... it's a valley I live in.

2018-4-18
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

jimm00re Posted at 2018-4-18 07:40

You will find that as soon as otg is sorted for the very few who are genuinely having problems, they will be back here looking for everything the MavAir has, you are exactly right and you are right on topic with OP’s opening questions, and for Vyborny to tell you your post is tiresome, is more ignorance on his part, also his max distance is not to be taken verbatim as we have never seen any proof from him.
2018-4-18
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Vyborny83 Posted at 2018-4-18 08:34
If you are on a flat piece of land it may be true but I live in a kinda hilly part of the country. High hills, deep valleys ... a lot of really beautifull places but some of them hard to reach and that's why I need the range the Spark gives me on 4.1.14 with an OTG. I could try to upload some pano but it will be brutally compressed, it's original size is about 50MB ... it's a valley I live in.

[view_image]

It’s very beautiful, great shot, perhaps we will see more when you can fly further good job, maybe the valley will be somewhat restrictive for signal.
2018-4-18
Use props
Mario_b
lvl.2
Flight distance : 977103 ft

To be honest, USB OTG is stolen by DJI with Version 4.1.18 ... Versions before are working, means in total they steal a feature which was already there on the point where i bought the Spark. And they tell us since 4.1.18 that it will come back - to be honest, my gurantee will be over before we got that back, we have already 5 Monthes later.

Second:

For CE MODE also 5,8GHz is allowed in CE Regions and also with same Transmit Power as in the FCC Region. The International WIFI goes from 5150 - 5725, but the last channels:  5470 - 5725 are not WIFI Channels in CE Region are limited to Short Range Devices. If DJI uses the WIFI Channels below 5470 wich also exist in FCC Regions there will be no Problem. Means: That's an Design/Implementation Fault of DJI.

And as 5470 - 5725 is not a WIFI Channel in CE Regions, you got the Problem with Region Code Phones that they didn't find the Spark on that Channels. Apple just scans all the Channels and ignores the Region, that's why it works with Apple.

But in Total that's all avoidable by using some Channels below 5470 ... it will work with Android, they could use more Transmit Power and so on ...

2018-4-18
Use props
Terp1234
lvl.4
Flight distance : 50906 ft
Netherlands

Vyborny83 Posted at 2018-4-18 08:34
If you are on a flat piece of land it may be true but I live in a kinda hilly part of the country. High hills, deep valleys ... a lot of really beautifull places but some of them hard to reach and that's why I need the range the Spark gives me on 4.1.14 with an OTG. I could try to upload some pano but it will be brutally compressed, it's original size is about 50MB ... it's a valley I live in.

[view_image]

Nice view. Looks like you live close to Ustí nad Labem, right?. Plenty of nice locations to shoot over there.
2018-4-18
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Mario_b Posted at 2018-4-18 11:50
To be honest, USB OTG is stolen by DJI with Version 4.1.18 ... Versions before are working, means in total they steal a feature which was already there on the point where i bought the Spark. And they tell us since 4.1.18 that it will come back - to be honest, my gurantee will be over before we got that back, we have already 5 Monthes later.

Second:

It’s been optimized on 4.2.12 for android.
2018-4-18
Use props
Mario_b
lvl.2
Flight distance : 977103 ft

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-4-18 13:29
It’s been optimized on 4.2.12 for android.

That's not the true story ;-) The last Version on Play Store is 4.2.8 and if i see it correctly on the 4.2.12 Release Thread, there where to many bugs on that Version that they revoked it from Playstore.

We will see if there is a working Version in the Next Weeks
2018-4-18
Use props
Vyborny83
lvl.4
Czechia

Terp1234 Posted at 2018-4-18 11:51
Nice view. Looks like you live close to Ustí nad Labem, right?. Plenty of nice locations to shoot over there.

You are right, Ústí na Labem is just over the ridge on the right. We are part of it as well ;).
2018-4-19
Use props
motopa
lvl.3
Flight distance : 88615 ft
Spain

I would like.... asteroid mode and boomerang mode (it´s only software) from mavic air.
I would like a improved GESTURE mode, more options, "zoom".
I would like a FOLLOW ME mode (gps signal from mobile, not visual necessary)
I would like a NO LIMIT 100m (even auto update home point) using motorcycle or other vehicle (I don´´t unde3rstand why only pedestrian or bicycle)
2018-4-19
Use props
motopa
lvl.3
Flight distance : 88615 ft
Spain

I would like a video mode without digital stabilization (4k resampled to 1080) and with a wide FOV (not the bad narrow fov it has)
2018-4-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules