Using Litchi on P4P +
2211 15 2018-4-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
seapony 7
lvl.3
United States

I may have missed the answer I'm looking for, but has anyone with a Plus version successfully flown with Litchi?  I've read posts about installations, but not about actually flying with it.  
2018-4-11
Use props
rexster
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2740 ft
United States

I did yesterday after installing Litchi using Amazon Appstore. Use the steps listed on here and it should work for you as well. Only thing I noticed was the screen was laggy with the video. I'm gonna start testing different 5.4 channels to see if it makes a difference
2018-4-11
Use props
seapony 7
lvl.3
United States

rexster@nwcable.net Posted at 2018-4-11 14:43
I did yesterday after installing Litchi using Amazon Appstore. Use the steps listed on here and it should work for you as well. Only thing I noticed was the screen was laggy with the video. I'm gonna start testing different 5.4 channels to see if it makes a difference

Thanks!  I've been holding off taking the dive before seeing some reviews.
2018-4-11
Use props
AdZaM
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

seapony  7 Posted at 2018-4-11 15:07
Thanks!  I've been holding off taking the dive before seeing some reviews.

I flew 3 Short Missions Today, All with 15 plus Waypoints some including instructions including Start & Stop Recording. All performed flawlessly, as instructed.

As Rexster has observed, I have also had issues with Latency of laggy live video, I did changed setting to the lowest possible ie: 4mbs, I believe the std is 6mbs. At 4mbs the video was still laggy. Even when not recording.

I did force stop DJI Go 4 on a fresh restart. I did only check 2.4ghz on Auto.

The live video is laggy enough that In my opinion you can't use it for General Flying.

After watching back the Recorded video, The cinematic video that can be achieved is fantastic.

With the laggy live feed at this point  Just sit back and watch it do its thing. Just not from the screen.  

The other anomaly is that the back of the controller seemed to get much warmer than usual, This I believe could be due to the piggy backing of the USB ports of the same device, Although the App seemed a bit laggy when trying to change Shutter, Iso, Apeture settings, Although these buttons are quiet small on the built in screen. It could be that my finger wasn't quiet hitting the buttons properly. But seemed to be a delayed response when changing shutter speed for instance.

Would appreciate if others could comment on App responsiveness......
2018-4-12
Use props
seapony 7
lvl.3
United States

AdZaM Posted at 2018-4-12 01:22
I flew 3 Short Missions Today, All with 15 plus Waypoints some including instructions including Start & Stop Recording. All performed flawlessly, as instructed.

As Rexster has observed, I have also had issues with Latency of laggy live video, I did changed setting to the lowest possible ie: 4mbs, I believe the std is 6mbs. At 4mbs the video was still laggy. Even when not recording.

Thanks for the info.  I'm wondering if perhaps the monitor is lacking the power to smoothly run Litchi.
2018-4-12
Use props
SM-17
lvl.4
Flight distance : 179288 ft
Netherlands

It's not the monitor that runs litchi on the plus controller but the cpu/gpu

It's an rk3288.. Google it.
2018-4-12
Use props
KedDK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

Notice that DJI has released a new version for GL300E today, not sure what has been fixed but found one new bug so far.
2018-4-13
Use props
goldrock
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2303451 ft
  • >>>
Australia

KedDK Posted at 2018-4-13 01:13
Notice that DJI has released a new version for GL300E today, not sure what has been fixed but found one new bug so far.

2 possibilities, they have either succumbed to the fact that we can now run 3rd party  FLIGHT APPS and have released it to the masses, or, it is a patch that will stop us from using 3rd party FLIGHT APPS?  I hope its the former. Just downloading it so i can have a look
2018-4-13
Use props
dorbot
lvl.4
Flight distance : 844770 ft

Fixed some bugs......
That could mean anything, lol.

Big download. More that 800 Mb.
Perhaps a nice surprise, probably not.
2018-4-13
Use props
KedDK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

goldrock Posted at 2018-4-13 01:51
2 possibilities, they have either succumbed to the fact that we can now run 3rd party  FLIGHT APPS and have released it to the masses, or, it is a patch that will stop us from using 3rd party FLIGHT APPS?  I hope its the former. Just downloading it so i can have a look

Hoping for the former but expecting the latter, so far i have experienced one new bug and posted it on the release thread that for some reason is not sticky so not so frequent visiting customer can see it.
2018-4-13
Use props
Latanzi
lvl.2
Flight distance : 839885 ft
Australia

I downloaded the other day and ran a simple 12 way point mission. Bird flew well, real time video laggy as Rexster already pointed out. My actual footage was pretty crap too, but am sure that's me not adjusting settings.
2018-4-19
Use props
Latanzi
lvl.2
Flight distance : 839885 ft
Australia

Latanzi Posted at 2018-4-19 20:34
I downloaded the other day and ran a simple 12 way point mission. Bird flew well, real time video laggy as Rexster already pointed out. My actual footage was pretty crap too, but am sure that's me not adjusting settings.

Feeling a bit silly!
Was trying to play back video through a card reader, transfer speed was the issue.
Great video result in the end. Have quite a bit to learn here but Litchi with P4P+ is working well.
2018-4-19
Use props
Walleye
lvl.4
United States

rexster@nwcable.net Posted at 2018-4-11 14:43
I did yesterday after installing Litchi using Amazon Appstore. Use the steps listed on here and it should work for you as well. Only thing I noticed was the screen was laggy with the video. I'm gonna start testing different 5.4 channels to see if it makes a difference

Hello Rexster,
I was finally able to figure out, download and install Litchi on my P4P+ monitor.  As you could probably tell, I'm dumb with technology...How do I force stop DJI on the monitor so I can run Litchi?
Thanks!!
Walter
2019-2-11
Use props
Walleye
lvl.4
United States

Latanzi Posted at 2018-4-19 22:46
Feeling a bit silly!
Was trying to play back video through a card reader, transfer speed was the issue.
Great video result in the end. Have quite a bit to learn here but Litchi with P4P+ is working well.

Has anyone used Litchi Mission Hub and brought the created mission over to Litchi on the P4P+ monitor?  If so, could you describe how that is done?  Thanks!!
2019-2-11
Use props
Walleye
lvl.4
United States

Walleye Posted at 2-11 15:56
Hello Rexster,
I was finally able to figure out, download and install Litchi on my P4P+ monitor.  As you could probably tell, I'm dumb with technology...How do I force stop DJI on the monitor so I can run Litchi?
Thanks!!

After some digging found how to force stop the djig4 app.  Is that really necessary when running Litchi?
2019-2-12
Use props
Walleye
lvl.4
United States

Walleye Posted at 2-11 19:42
Has anyone used Litchi Mission Hub and brought the created mission over to Litchi on the P4P+ monitor?  If so, could you describe how that is done?  Thanks!!

Digging around litchi, when creating a mission on Hub if saved it can be opened from the app after logging in. It’s automatic. That’s nice.
2019-2-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules