Dead Gimble?
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
HelloImJosh
lvl.1
Flight distance : 96699 ft

I have always wanted a Phantom and found what I thought was a bargain on Craigslist.
I bought a Phantom 4 for about $875 and it has flown AMAZINGLY since I bought it. Literally nothing has been wrong!
I was flying and showing my neighbor my new drone, because hell I was proud.
He was asking questions and I was showing him what it would do.

Then it came to the obstacle avoidance feature......
Well like an idiot I still had the drone in sport mode and flew it straight into my garage door.
The battery popped out, but the camera is just tilted to the side..

Turn the drone on.. Flies like a dream...
Gimble says it has reached it's roll limit, doesn't initialize on start, and doesn't calibrate.
Tried IMU calibration, Compass calibration, Upgrade/Downgrade, factory reset, etc.

The ribbon has no tears, the only thing that happened was a piece of my landing gear popped off, and I put it back on.
It literally is lifeless. Camera works though, but because of how I bought it I would be better off tossing it in the trash with how expensive the repairs seem to be.

... Starting to feel this was all a mistake.

2018-4-11
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Hi, sorry for the accident of your drone. Any error message in the Aircraft Status? Since it crashed, I would recommend you send it back for repair: http://www.dji.com/support  
2018-4-11
Use props
HelloImJosh
lvl.1

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-4-11 20:11
Hi, sorry for the accident of your drone. Any error message in the Aircraft Status? Since it crashed, I would recommend you send it back for repair: http://www.dji.com/support

There is no error message, just the roll limit message, but my fear is it being over $300 when I can spend that much myself.
2018-4-11
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

HelloImJosh Posted at 2018-4-11 20:14
There is no error message, just the roll limit message, but my fear is it being over $300 when I can spend that much myself.

I see. But I would not recommend you fix it on your own as it may cause further damage. Any problem, please contact us.
2018-4-11
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Have you tried a gimbal calibration, also try it with it tilted on its back legs too
2018-4-11
Use props
HelloImJosh
lvl.1

Bashy Posted at 2018-4-11 22:18
Have you tried a gimbal calibration, also try it with it tilted on its back legs too

Yep I’ve tried it all.

Power on - Doesn’t move
RC Gimble Control - Nothing
Tried every calibration down to the pc’s version.

The battery popped off when it crashed, it’s as if the gimbal is just stuck in that position, and something is preventing it from moving.
If you turn it left or right like a clock the message pops up, but it always goes right back to the sideways slant.
Pick the drone up and the camera is just facing in its slant, but limp. No tracking or anything.

So could it be the motors?
Possibly the board?
Flex cable looks impeccable.
You can rotate the camera vertically and the gimbal horizontal like normal, but the vertical is a tad stiff.
2018-4-11
Use props
HelloImJosh
lvl.1

Thanks Elektra but I just don’t have a warranty, so the thought of paying hundreds of dollars for you guys to fix it just makes me sick to my stomach.
2018-4-11
Use props
HelloImJosh
lvl.1

I would love to send it to you all thought but I couldn’t afford the costs right now is why.
2018-4-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules