Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Disappointed
963 17 2018-4-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJT_MVSP
Captain
Flight distance : 2018645 ft

Just received the Green Spark by DJI and I'm disappointed that it was manufactured in August 2017. The problem is that the battery latches are those tiny ones that first came with spark and is likely to fall out mid flight... It was below 50% when I started charging it meaning that it lost charge over the 8 months.. It probably also lost its capacity as it was unused for 8 months (DJI recommend charging it every 3 months) I'm disappointed as nobody likes buying old stocks, especially products made many months ago. Is it possible to exchange the spark battery with DJI?
2018-4-12
Use props
DJI Elektra
Administrator
Hong Kong

Hi, can you provide me the SN of your battery and spark? Since you just bought your drone, the battery should be under warranty, you can contact our support if it has anything wrong: http://www.dji.com/support
2018-4-12
Use props
DJT_MVSP
Captain

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-4-12 03:04
Hi, can you provide me the SN of your battery and spark? If the battery is under warranty, you can contact our support if it has anything wrong: http://www.dji.com/support

Serial number of battery: 0**********F7R
2018-4-12
Use props
Rbstansbury
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7579 ft
United States

The battery should of been in hibernation which should have very good shelve life so no worries there but if the clips are the short ones I would not even dare fly it and demand replacement or return the whole thing, i bought extra battery at bestbuy with short clips and simply exchanged it until I got the larger clips.
2018-4-12
Use props
Duncdude
lvl.3
Flight distance : 18491 ft
United Kingdom

Rbstansbury Posted at 2018-4-12 03:54
The battery should of been in hibernation which should have very good shelve life so no worries there but if the clips are the short ones I would not even dare fly it and demand replacement or return the whole thing, i bought extra battery at bestbuy with short clips and simply exchanged it until I got the larger clips.

Is there a way to tell the difference between clip types? how would i know which clips are on my batteries?
2018-4-12
Use props
DJI Elektra
Administrator
Hong Kong

DJT_MVSP Posted at 2018-4-12 03:41
Serial number of battery: 0C0AE828320F7R

Sorry to tell you that the battery can not be exchanged since it does not go wrong. Please ensure that you mount the battery in the right procedure. Thanks for your support.
2018-4-12
Use props
Rbstansbury
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7579 ft
United States

Duncdude Posted at 2018-4-12 04:05
Is there a way to tell the difference between clip types? how would i know which clips are on my batteries?

there are plenty of photos on this forum showing the short clip, it can be hard though at first glance, need to really examine the clips
2018-4-12
Use props
Malakai_UK
Captain
Flight distance : 245312 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-4-12 04:07
Sorry to tell you that the battery can not be exchanged since it does not go wrong. Please ensure that you mount the battery in the right procedure. Thanks for your support.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=whQGgeUyb7c

Does this mean the shorter clip batteries can be replaced? I have three of them and I am really concerned about them coming loose in flight. The are already showing signs of wear.
2018-4-12
Use props
Hddeuce
Second Officer
Flight distance : 128261 ft
United States

Malakai_UK Posted at 2018-4-12 06:22
Does this mean the shorter clip batteries can be replaced? I have three of them and I am really concerned about them coming loose in flight. The are already showing signs of wear.

Get a battery protector/strap from Amazon.  I paid about $7 for mine.  Gives peace of mind.
2018-4-12
Use props
Malakai_UK
Captain
Flight distance : 245312 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hddeuce Posted at 2018-4-12 06:41
Get a battery protector/strap from Amazon.  I paid about $7 for mine.  Gives peace of mind.

I shouldn't have to buy a clip to stop my battery falling out. Either DJI should make the clip available as a free repair option or replace the battery/body for free as its clearly a design fault. This all stinks like the first gen GoPro Karma with its initial issue with battery connectivity.
I'm guessing we have to wait for someone to get injured before this will be taken seriously. Especially as its been identified that there is the potential that it can happen.
2018-4-12
Use props
Bright Spark
First Officer
Flight distance : 22129 ft

The clips fail if you pull the battery out without taking the load before pressing the catches and then removing.
Nevern had a problem.
2018-4-12
Use props
Oracle Miata
Captain
Flight distance : 3270079 ft
  • >>>
United States

Flown the crap out of 3 batteries since last June.  No issues at all.  
2018-4-12
Use props
DJT_MVSP
Captain

Another issue here: Bad motor... I noticed motor no. 4 would start slower than the other motors when I initiated the first take off so I decided to take a super slow motion video:
2018-4-12
Use props
DJI Elektra
Administrator
Hong Kong

Malakai_UK Posted at 2018-4-12 06:22

Please follow the video and mount the battery, you can shoot a video of the process and provide it to us for check. If it is locked successfully, it should not fall out of sky.
2018-4-13
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 6961037 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

DJT_MVSP Posted at 2018-4-12 22:30
Another issue here: Bad motor... I noticed motor no. 4 would start slower than the other motors when I initiated the first take off so I decided to take a super slow motion video: https://youtu.be/_UAOKZJDMT0

That’s pretty normal same for my spark and it’s worked fine for the last 9 months, your battery is most likely to be in hibernation mode so it should not be a problem, you would better advised to test it rather than just imagine something wrong with it.
I received my spark in the first tranche in June but it was manufactured in March , I would imagine this is pretty normal and if battery is inserted properly it will not come out.
2018-4-14
Use props
DJT_MVSP
Captain

Just went for a the first GPS flight and it was great. 12 minutes 40 seconds down to 10%.
All worked very well except the remote keep losing connection with the spark. Max range was 200 meters (656 ft) before it lost signal entirely till it was right above me. Scary. Sometimes even when it's right in front of me it'll loose connection and try to land. Not sure why that's happening...
2018-4-14
Use props
Artur Macau
lvl.4
Flight distance : 256549 ft
Macao

I think you should just go out and enjoy your brand new Spark, it doesn't matter if it was built 6 months ago, its new, as other said, the battery have systems to keep it in good condition for some time, and don't try to imagine problems where they don't exist. If any motor really have some problem, u will notice it right away when or if its able to take off.

Enjoy
2018-4-14
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 6961037 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

DJT_MVSP Posted at 2018-4-14 04:32
Just went for a the first GPS flight and it was great. 12 minutes 40 seconds down to 10%.
All worked very well except the remote keep losing connection with the spark. Max range was 200 meters (656 ft) before it lost signal entirely till it was right above me. Scary. Sometimes even when it's right in front of me it'll loose connection and try to land. Not sure why that's happening...

A couple of things , before flying put device in airplane mode and quit all other apps running in the background, I’m not sure what part of the world you are flying in but envoirment will play a big factor using spark , but I think in most areas WiFi should work well.
Good luck and enjoy, it’s a great fun craft to fly.
2018-4-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules