Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Dear Developer,

We are excited to announce the release of the DJI Mobile SDK 4.5 and UX SDK 4.5 (formerly known as UI Library). You can find them on our developer site at https://developer.dji.com/mobile-sdk/downloads/.

This version of the SDK introduces support for the DJI Mavic Air, Osmo Mobile 2, and FlightHub. Please refer to the release notes for the full list of changes.

UX SDK 4.5 brings bug fixes, while UX SDK for Android introduces the map widget. Please refer to the release notes for the full list of changes.

As always, the DJI Dev Team is committed to improving your developer experience. Please report any bugs or questions you have to dev@dji.com. We recommend frequently checking the DJI SDK downloads page to ensure that you are always working with the latest version of the DJI SDK.

Best regards,
The DJI Dev Team
2018-4-12
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

So that means 3rd party app developers can now (finally) add the 'Air' to their app.
2018-4-12
Use props
Highcastle
lvl.2
Flight distance : 522169 ft
United States

YES Thank you guys!
2018-4-12
Use props
FanOfFlight
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1983760 ft
Canada

I'll hold my applause until they confirm 3rd party apps are supported for the AIR so we an have waypoint flight.  But will give it up generously when confirmed...
2018-4-12
Use props
COMTHRE3
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1609478 ft
Kuwait

Fingers crossed!
2018-4-12
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Better late than....
2018-4-12
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

FanOfFlight Posted at 2018-4-12 09:49
I'll hold my applause until they confirm 3rd party apps are supported for the AIR so we an have waypoint flight.  But will give it up generously when confirmed...

I have not looked at the documentation yet for that.
2018-4-12
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Indeed....
Or maybe start typing
2018-4-12
Use props
djiuser_YmSWRHeXTqn6
lvl.2
Flight distance : 258432 ft
Netherlands

thanks i am a happy camper lol
2018-4-12
Use props
joe_gadget
lvl.4

Australia

Great news - now let's hope proper waypoints mode is supported!
2018-4-12
Use props
Brantel
lvl.4
Flight distance : 294997 ft
United States

Awesome news!   Hopefully the developers can get the Air added to all the third party apps now that we all are missing with the Air!  Hopefully something will be done soon about the low resolution GEO tag data in the images.  This is very important for us that want to use the Air for mapping!
2018-4-12
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

djiuser_YmSWRHeXTqn6 Posted at 2018-4-12 13:36
thanks i am a happy camper lol

I can imagine
Now let's see what Litchi etc. come up with
2018-4-12
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

joe_gadget Posted at 2018-4-12 15:35
Great news - now let's hope proper waypoints mode is supported!

I do hope so.
It is not documented (but then again, documentation is not too great as far as I have found)
2018-4-12
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Brantel Posted at 2018-4-12 16:26
Awesome news!   Hopefully the developers can get the Air added to all the third party apps now that we all are missing with the Air!  Hopefully something will be done soon about the low resolution GEO tag data in the images.  This is very important for us that want to use the Air for mapping!

Yes, I am curious what 'they' can add via the SDK.
A lot is blocked by the type of the aircraft.
2018-4-12
Use props
joe_gadget
lvl.4

Australia

Montfrooij Posted at 2018-4-12 23:18
Yes, I am curious what 'they' can add via the SDK.
A lot is blocked by the type of the aircraft.

If waypoints will be available I'm sure there'll be a firmware upgrade also. Let's hop DJI doesn't disappoint the community!
2018-4-12
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

joe_gadget Posted at 2018-4-12 23:41
If waypoints will be available I'm sure there'll be a firmware upgrade also. Let's hop DJI doesn't disappoint the community!

We'll see.
2018-4-13
Use props
EranR
lvl.4
Flight distance : 280515 ft
  • >>>
Israel

It was worth the wait!!!
This version works very well. The annoying bugs from previous versions were fixed and at last it seems like everything is working as it should.
2018-4-13
Use props
Brantel
lvl.4
United States

EranR Posted at 2018-4-13 06:34
It was worth the wait!!!
This version works very well. The annoying bugs from previous versions were fixed and at last it seems like everything is working as it should.

Does the SDK have the hooks in it for proper waypoint support for the Air?
2018-4-13
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

EranR Posted at 2018-4-13 06:34
It was worth the wait!!!

Good to hear.
And the mln $ question: does it support waypoints for Air?
2018-4-13
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Brantel Posted at 2018-4-13 06:47
Does the SDK have the hooks in it for proper waypoint support for the Air?

Ah, you beat me
2018-4-13
Use props
Brantel
lvl.4
United States

I just saw a post on another forum where an Autopilot user confirmed that Autopilot Beta based on rev 4.5 of the SDK did have waypoint capability for the Air and he tested it and it worked.
2018-4-13
Use props
Malakai_UK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 536115 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I'm on the beta for Autopilot. Will be testing 4.6 tomorrow with my air. Hopefully waypoints work.
2018-4-13
Use props
joe_gadget
lvl.4

Australia

Does autopilot also do course lock normally? If so would you mind seeing if this is available on the air? Also will LCMC work? I use Litchi and they haven't come out with any news on supporting the air yet.
2018-4-13
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

joe_gadget Posted at 2018-4-13 18:19
Does autopilot also do course lock normally? If so would you mind seeing if this is available on the air? Also will LCMC work? I use Litchi and they haven't come out with any news on supporting the air yet.

The first part I can't confirm (I have not started with the SDK) but the last part might change, since the Air is now included
2018-4-13
Use props
Face-AcheNZ
lvl.4
Flight distance : 96631 ft
New Zealand

OMG, i asked like 3 days ago whether the Air was due to be included in the SDK, and if so, when -  I think it was DJI Thor who responded saying that he didn’t have any information on it. Now this thread!!!

Are the admins actually told anything about what is going on behind the scenes?  Makes them seem a little less credible when they say “We’ve passed your suggestion on to our engineers”, lol. Not “having a go” or anything, just saying. The admins seem to do a pretty decent job, and always seem willing to help people with warranty cases etc.
Edit - here it is;
https://forum.dji.com/thread-143365-1-1.html

2018-4-14
Use props
fanse514bac8
lvl.3
Flight distance : 303763 ft
  • >>>

Way points are working and the Mavic air using Autopilot beta
2018-4-14
Use props
EranR
lvl.4
Flight distance : 280515 ft
  • >>>
Israel

Montfrooij Posted at 2018-4-13 11:38
Good to hear.
And the mln $ question: does it support waypoints for Air?

From what I know, the Mavic Air itself does not support waypoints (at least with the current firmware).
I assume trying to upload a waypoint mission to the Mavic Air via the SDK will return some error code.
I don't have one, so I will need to meet a friend who just got one to check it out.
I have the Mavic Pro, and it flies waypoints incredibly well, as always.
2018-4-14
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

EranR Posted at 2018-4-14 22:54
From what I know, the Mavic Air itself does not support waypoints (at least with the current firmware).
I assume trying to upload a waypoint mission to the Mavic Air via the SDK will return some error code.
I don't have one, so I will need to meet a friend who just got one to check it out.

Ok, too bad for MA owners.
2018-4-15
Use props
Lifescaner
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3091 ft
Germany

Like the post above other autopilot beta user can fly waypoints with the Air.

For me as Android user, I hope that litchi will support waypoints in the future.
2018-4-16
Use props
vico36
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Waypoint mode is supported in Litchi for Mavic Air, it's in beta now: https://flylitchi.com/beta
2018-4-16
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

vico36 Posted at 2018-4-16 11:09
Waypoint mode is supported in Litchi for Mavic Air, it's in beta now: https://flylitchi.com/beta

Thanks for the notification!
2018-4-16
Use props
Lifescaner
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3091 ft
Germany

Thx vico36 for the good news from litchi
2018-4-16
Use props
Kimosabe
lvl.3
Flight distance : 166703 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Question remains how the waypoints are implemented. Are Autopilot and Litchi continuously controlling the craft, or are the waypoints loaded to the aircraft. Loading the waypoints to the quad could possibly mean LCMC is possible. I suspect the implementation is by taking continues control though... Anyone a more specific insight?
2018-4-16
Use props
vico36
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Kimosabe Posted at 2018-4-16 12:52
Question remains how the waypoints are implemented. Are Autopilot and Litchi continuously controlling the craft, or are the waypoints loaded to the aircraft. Loading the waypoints to the quad could possibly mean LCMC is possible. I suspect the implementation is by taking continues control though... Anyone a more specific insight?

It's the same waypoint mode as any other drone model. If signal is lost, the mission continues.
2018-4-16
Use props
joe_gadget
lvl.4

Australia

Kimosabe Posted at 2018-4-16 12:52

Litchi does not implement their own controller like autopilot. It only uses what's available in the SDK which is why (as I understand it) waypoint mode is not available for the spark. I guess you have not used Litchi before?
2018-4-16
Use props
Kimosabe
lvl.3
Flight distance : 166703 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

joe_gadget Posted at 2018-4-16 14:40
Litchi does not implement their own controller like autopilot. It only uses what's available in the SDK which is why (as I understand it) waypoint mode is not available for the spark. I guess you have not used Litchi before?

Thanks for your reply, sounds like you have a point regarding Litchy. I have used it on phantom 3 before. But this has been a while ago. If it works like you said without their own flight controller on the current Mavic Air firmware, I guess DJI could enable waypoints  quite easily on the DJI GO app. If they want to....
2018-4-16
Use props
joe_gadget
lvl.4

Australia

Kimosabe Posted at 2018-4-16 14:59
Thanks for your reply, sounds like you have a point regarding Litchy. I have used it on phantom 3 before. But this has been a while ago. If it works like you said without their own flight controller on the current Mavic Air firmware, I guess DJI could enable waypoints  quite easily on the DJI GO app. If they want to....

I guess so. I've never used waypoints on DJI Go as you need to 'record' them in flight. Using Litchi's online mission planner is so much more convenient as I can do it before flying
2018-4-16
Use props
Brantel
lvl.4
United States

So Litchi and Autopilot released beta's shortly after the 4.5 rev of the SDK was released that have support for the Air and at least in their apps, waypoints seem to be included.  DroneDeploy and Maps/Drones Made Easy both are stating that DJI has not enabled waypoints on the Air and that until they do, their apps won't support the Air.  So what is different about how Autopilot and Litchi are supporting waypoints vs how DD and MME want/need support for them?  I also have a request in to Pix4D to ask about their support plans for the Air.  No response yet from them.
2018-4-18
Use props
Adriano Araujo
Second Officer
Flight distance : 731565 ft
United States

vico36 Posted at 2018-4-16 13:20
It's the same waypoint mode as any other drone model. If signal is lost, the mission continues.

Tested????
2018-4-18
Use props
Punchbuggy
First Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Yes - it's a key feature used by many Litchi owners, and typically what it was bought for.

You just need to ensure that you're not over confident with the total flight time (which the Litchi Mission Hub does it's best to calculate), and provide a good buffer should it encounter a head wind on the way back. You don't want it reaching a critical power level while returning over a lake, for example.
2018-4-18
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules