Brought my Spark to Maldives ...
1939 15 2018-4-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
tellmike-SPARK
lvl.2
Sweden

I simply love this little drone. Brought the Spark with me to Maldives and had a blast with it. It was so stable in the air even at times where the wind was strong.

There were a number of times that I thought I would loose it for sure, but I always managed to fly it back to me. Sport mode for the win!

Can’t wait to produce more aerial shots this spring/summer!

Thanks Dji for making such an awesome little drone.

The video can be found here:

2018-4-12
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

The creatures under the sea are so attractive. Hope I can see them someday with my own eyes.
2018-4-12
Use props
Cookster670
lvl.4
Australia

very cool video and looks like a great holiday.

I have one suggestion, for me anyway, the spark was too high.  I like to see a bit more detail in the waves and features on the ground.     That could just be me though
2018-4-12
Use props
tellmike-SPARK
lvl.2
Sweden

@DJI_Elektra
Yeah, I’m crossing my fingers that DJI will release a small and affordable underwater ROV (a DJI Spark of ROV’s) to the market. Imagine how cool footage would be possible if that happened! And I’m positive you’ll see these creatures. Take a PADI Open Water course and you’ll be settled.

@Cookster670
Thanks for the constructive feedback! Will think about that next time I’m out flying/recording for my next video.
2018-4-12
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Nice video
2018-4-13
Use props
dj_dread
Second Officer
Flight distance : 648399 ft
Romania

awesome video!
2018-4-13
Use props
manolism
lvl.4
Flight distance : 53035 ft
Greece

Nice video!! Dubai is amazing!! I was there in 2010 for vacations and i will go again sometime. Maldives is a place which in the future i will visit.
2018-4-13
Use props
tellmike-SPARK
lvl.2
Sweden

Thanks, appreciate the comments!

Agreed about Dubai but I wish they would have slighly more liberal rules when it comes to drones since it would’ve been really cool flying there.
2018-4-13
Use props
Gustavo_Lima
lvl.2

Amazing video.
What is your equipment ? and what was the edition software ?
2018-4-13
Use props
tellmike-SPARK
lvl.2
Sweden

Thanks! I included the recording equipment in the credit section last in the clip but its pretty brief.

Besides the Spark then I used a Yi 4k action camera for almost all other shots, and my iPhone7 for only 1 or 2 of the shots in the video. For the editing I use an old version of Sony Vegas Pro out of habit. Will probably switch to Davinci Resolve for my next project to try it out.
2018-4-13
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Great vid   
2018-4-13
Use props
Pieren
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1265938 ft
Netherlands

Nice video ! I like It,

did you get a special authorization for bringing drone to Maldives or not, I heard that since 2 or 3 months a permit should be requested to Defence minister ? are you aware ?
2018-4-18
Use props
tellmike-SPARK
lvl.2
Sweden

Thanks! I followed these rules when flying: https://www.uavsystemsinternational.com/drone-laws-by-country/maldives-drone-laws/ Not sure if they have been changed after mid February when I left though.
2018-4-18
Use props
Pieren
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1265938 ft
France

tellmike-SPARK Posted at 2018-4-18 11:29
Thanks! I followed these rules when flying: https://www.uavsystemsinternational.com/drone-laws-by-country/maldives-drone-laws/ Not sure if they have been changed after mid February when I left though.

Thanks a lot ;)
2018-4-19
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain

nice video keep it up
2018-6-19
Use props
Carmenvail
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1521201 ft
United States