Why doesn't DJI honor Warranty
1771 27 2018-4-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Rottyman
lvl.2
Flight distance : 20561 ft
United States

Maybe someone can help me understand this.  Within 24 hours I noticed my Gimbal resetting/calibrating during flight (have it on multiple videos).  I called DJI and they told me to calibrate again.  Could not calibrate anymore and started receiving gimbal motor overload (or something) so I immediatly sent it back to DJI thinking this was a no brainer warranty item.  When I received teh first invoice, I called to dispute and was told the sync my flight data.  I did this and below is the response.  

NON-WARRANTY PER DATA ANALYSIS. Inconclusive FLY000 N/A 1.)No crash found in flight logs. 2.)Damage that impairs normal function to unit. Conclusion:Cause of issue is physical damage. Activation date: 2018-04-05 SN: 08RDEBMP0100CX Dear Customer, Unfortunately, damage that is not caused by a product malfunction or is out of the warranty period is not covered by DJI aftersales policy. We will either repair it or replace it with a product that's new or equivalent to new in both performance and reliability after payment has been received.

Even though no crash was found, I have received an invoice for $161 to repair two arms and the gimbal bracket. I wish I would have known that DJI doesn't stand behind their products as I would have returned this to the store and just be done with it.  I've had the Mavic less than 48 hours. NO one has been able to explain to me what repairs are needed and why.  Just an invoice with a descripiton Platinum Right Front Motor Arm  

It has been esclated to a manager, but I'm getting a sense that running from warranty issues is in the training manual all the way up the chain of command.  

Very dissappointed with customer service and the product reliablity.  Do they run from warranty too when you buy the care package they offer?

Gimbal on BRAND NEW MAVIC

Joe
2018-4-12
Use props
Rottyman
lvl.2
United States

https://drive.google.com/open?id ... Hl-RpG5BeBnmgD3e3E9 Corrected Link
2018-4-12
Use props
SpeedyBirdy
lvl.3
Flight distance : 968002 ft
United States

Just ask them to ship it back without getting the repairs done and then go return it from where you bought it.
2018-4-12
Use props
Rottyman
lvl.2
United States

SpeedyBirdy Posted at 2018-4-12 13:44
Just ask them to ship it back without getting the repairs done and then go return it from where you bought it.

That is going to be the end result if the 'manager' doesn't work with me.
2018-4-12
Use props
QuadKid
Second Officer
Flight distance : 482349 ft
United States

Rottyman Posted at 2018-4-12 13:48
That is going to be the end result if the 'manager' doesn't work with me.

Not sure where you bought it but if it was Best Buy you only have 14 days from purchase, 30 days if you are an elite member. Waiting on DJI may cost you valuable time.
2018-4-12
Use props
Rottyman
lvl.2
United States

QuadKid Posted at 2018-4-12 13:53
Not sure where you bought it but if it was Best Buy you only have 14 days from purchase, 30 days if you are an elite member. Waiting on DJI may cost you valuable time.

Exactly where it was.  Plus 15% restocking fee
2018-4-12
Use props
QuadKid
Second Officer
Flight distance : 482349 ft
United States

Rottyman Posted at 2018-4-12 13:59
Exactly where it was.  Plus 15% restocking fee

You only pay the restocking fee if you return it, there is no fee for an exchange. I would pay the express shipping to get it back to you before your time expires. Then go exchange it.
2018-4-12
Use props
Rottyman
lvl.2
United States

QuadKid Posted at 2018-4-12 14:09
You only pay the restocking fee if you return it, there is no fee for an exchange. I would pay the express shipping to get it back to you before your time expires. Then go exchange it.

Working on it...thanks for the input
2018-4-12
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

Being drone was activated April 5th, 2018, well inside warranty period
- and -
assuming you did not damage drone (camera and gimbal);
then I would pursue getting drone replaced by seller (first) and DJI (second).
2018-4-12
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Sorry for the unpleasant experience with our product, our support team has already escalated the appropriate department, our supervisor will keep following up and reach out to you soon, appreciate your patience and we will also keep an eye on it.
2018-4-12
Use props
djiuser_YqptldBhbVOc
lvl.2
Flight distance : 560715 ft

Why can't I get a support person to return my calls to get my drone working? $15,000 for a paperweight.
2018-4-12
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

djiuser_YqptldBhbVOc Posted at 2018-4-12 20:05
Why can't I get a support person to return my calls to get my drone working? $15,000 for a paperweight.

May I have more details about the difficulties you are experiencing? Which drone are you referring to and what happened? Have you contacted our support team before and was promised a callback? More details would be much appreciated.
2018-4-12
Use props
Rottyman
lvl.2

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-4-12 18:52
Sorry for the unpleasant experience with our product, our support team has already escalated the appropriate department, our supervisor will keep following up and reach out to you soon, appreciate your patience and we will also keep an eye on it.

It has been escalated to a manager and I am waiting to hear back.  But in summary, Buy drone, fly drone, experience issue, send back, receive invoice for repair.  My issue now is not one person can tell me what they found and explained why this is NOT a warranty item.  All they do is site the case (what was found by someone else during analysis) and then site DJI warranty policy.  No one has talked to me about the issues with my drone. I feel I have  done my due diligence and provided video of the problem, but that is being swept under the rug and not acknowledged.  It's OK to admit that a product could possibly have an issue coming out of production, but there seems to be some resistance to this possibility @ DJI
2018-4-13
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Rottyman Posted at 2018-4-13 04:04
It has been escalated to a manager and I am waiting to hear back.  But in summary, Buy drone, fly drone, experience issue, send back, receive invoice for repair.  My issue now is not one person can tell me what they found and explained why this is NOT a warranty item.  All they do is site the case (what was found by someone else during analysis) and then site DJI warranty policy.  No one has talked to me about the issues with my drone. I feel I have  done my due diligence and provided video of the problem, but that is being swept under the rug and not acknowledged.  It's OK to admit that a product could possibly have an issue coming out of production, but there seems to be some resistance to this possibility @ DJI

Sorry for my late response, our supervisor is following up your case, the reply may be delayed because of the weekend, I totally understand your frustration, if there is malfunction, we definitely will provide warranty service, the team is still making investigation, our supervisor will contact you in working hours soon, thanks for your patience very much.
2018-4-15
Use props
Acepilot69
lvl.1
Flight distance : 694875 ft
United States

Really try to return it to the seller. I had a warranty problem with my gimbal too, but mine had jello. I sent it back, got it back and it wouldn't record. Sent that one back and got a refurb one back, which they didn't explicitly tell me in email, and it still won't record. Chances are they won't even fix it right, even if you get your warranty back, so mind as well exchange it for another before your time runs out.
2018-4-15
Use props
Rottyman
lvl.2

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-4-15 20:12
Sorry for my late response, our supervisor is following up your case, the reply may be delayed because of the weekend, I totally understand your frustration, if there is malfunction, we definitely will provide warranty service, the team is still making investigation, our supervisor will contact you in working hours soon, thanks for your patience very much.

Thank you for your response.  I've already talked to a 'supervisor' I was supposed to get escalated to a 'Manager' at this time.  I am running out of time to return the product to my place of purchase, and that is what my concern is at this time.  Again, thanks for following up, but NO NEW NEWS has been provided.
2018-4-16
Use props
Rottyman
lvl.2

Acepilot69 Posted at 2018-4-15 20:34
Really try to return it to the seller. I had a warranty problem with my gimbal too, but mine had jello. I sent it back, got it back and it wouldn't record. Sent that one back and got a refurb one back, which they didn't explicitly tell me in email, and it still won't record. Chances are they won't even fix it right, even if you get your warranty back, so mind as well exchange it for another before your time runs out.

Thank you..it's so sad to hear this.  It's a great product with a documented poor component. I'm going to insist on getting it sent back as is so that I can return it.
2018-4-16
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Rottyman Posted at 2018-4-16 05:01
Thank you for your response.  I've already talked to a 'supervisor' I was supposed to get escalated to a 'Manager' at this time.  I am running out of time to return the product to my place of purchase, and that is what my concern is at this time.  Again, thanks for following up, but NO NEW NEWS has been provided.

Sorry for keeping you waiting. We're checking the exact status with the right team and will help you get an update soon.
2018-4-18
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Acepilot69 Posted at 2018-4-15 20:34
Really try to return it to the seller. I had a warranty problem with my gimbal too, but mine had jello. I sent it back, got it back and it wouldn't record. Sent that one back and got a refurb one back, which they didn't explicitly tell me in email, and it still won't record. Chances are they won't even fix it right, even if you get your warranty back, so mind as well exchange it for another before your time runs out.

Sorry for the troubles. I've read your experience in your post as well: https://forum.dji.com/thread-144160-1-1.html Diana and Mindy have replied you there, please let us know if there is anything else we can help.
2018-4-18
Use props
Rottyman
lvl.2
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-4-18 23:03
Sorry for the troubles. I've read your experience in your post as well: https://forum.dji.com/thread-144160-1-1.html Diana and Mindy have replied you there, please let us know if there is anything else we can help.

I appreciate the follow up.  I heard from a US based manager on Monday.  His name was 'Tom'.  He did take the time to explain the process and why we are at this point.  We disagreed on 'crash' damage to the drone and he told me he was going to get some pictures of the drone to discuss further.  Again, that was Monday and it's now Thursday with no feedback.  I do understand I'm not the only person with an issue, but I am starting to wonder how long this is going to take.  Going on two weeks without my Mavic after owning for about 48 hours.  
2018-4-19
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Rottyman Posted at 2018-4-19 04:46
I appreciate the follow up.  I heard from a US based manager on Monday.  His name was 'Tom'.  He did take the time to explain the process and why we are at this point.  We disagreed on 'crash' damage to the drone and he told me he was going to get some pictures of the drone to discuss further.  Again, that was Monday and it's now Thursday with no feedback.  I do understand I'm not the only person with an issue, but I am starting to wonder how long this is going to take.  Going on two weeks without my Mavic after owning for about 48 hours.

I checked the case again, the pictures have been sent to you and it seems you have accepted the resolution our supervisor provided, we will send the quotation to you again, and hope the issue will be sorted out soon, sorry again for the inconvenience caused.
2018-4-19
Use props
Rottyman
lvl.2

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-4-19 19:44
I checked the case again, the pictures have been sent to you and it seems you have accepted the resolution our supervisor provided, we will send the quotation to you again, and hope the issue will be sorted out soon, sorry again for the inconvenience caused.

Yes, I did receive the pictures which did clear up a lot of the misunderstanding.  I wish the process could have been quicker, but it is what it is.  I will have to check within to see how the drone was damaged.  My son may be on the hot seat

Thanks for everything
2018-4-20
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Rottyman Posted at 2018-4-20 05:40
Yes, I did receive the pictures which did clear up a lot of the misunderstanding.  I wish the process could have been quicker, but it is what it is.  I will have to check within to see how the drone was damaged.  My son may be on the hot seat

Thanks for everything

May I know if you have finished the payment? The update may be delayed because of the weekend. Thanks for your understanding.
2018-4-21
Use props
Rottyman
lvl.2
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-4-21 02:14
May I know if you have finished the payment? The update may be delayed because of the weekend. Thanks for your understanding.

I made the payment 24 hours ago.  NO update as of yet to the point I had to call to check and I was told it will take time to post to your system.  typical, but not unexpected.
2018-4-21
Use props
fans1ffbdd89
New
United States

Is anyone not happy with dji. Warranty/customer service iam trying to see if there is a basis for a class action please send your stories to oldsmoothie@live.com with contact info
2018-5-5
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fans1ffbdd89 Posted at 2018-5-5 14:04
Is anyone not happy with dji. Warranty/customer service iam trying to see if there is a basis for a class action please send your stories to oldsmoothie@live.com with contact info

If there is any unpleasant experience with our repair center and support team, we apologize and are glad to help, may I have the details of your experience with us? Thank you.
2018-5-6
Use props
ct1freak
lvl.1
Flight distance : 169006 ft

United States

Can verify they do give you the run around if you buy the refresh program. Garbage company will never buy again
2021-4-13
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

ct1freak Posted at 4-13 17:03
Can verify they do give you the run around if you buy the refresh program. Garbage company will never buy again

Hi there, I have replied to your post: https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=239651. Thanks.
2021-4-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules