DJI Repair help
2444 16 2018-4-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Birdii
lvl.1
Flight distance : 6457 ft

Hello all!

I almost a month ago sent in my DJI Mavic Pro after I had crashed it due to poor flying choices by myself. I paid nearly $300.00 to get this repaired. The price is outrageous considering this experience so far. The repair was for the following:
Gimbal and Camera Module1101.00101.00
Upper Cover11.001.00
Middle Frame Module14.004.00
Gimbal Arm Module159.0059.00
Gimbal Vibration Damping Module12.002.00
Repair Service Fee265.00/H130.00

Today (April 12, 2018) I recieved "my" drone back. It really isn't mine, at all. But this "new" drone suffers from even worse problems. The gimbal will not look straight down, and vibrates like crazy just from holding it. The camera will not pitch to the full front position at all. Gimbal motor started out overloaded and the lower left propeller arm is loose.

Please remember, I've never flown this "new" drone. As long as it has been in my possession, it hasn't left the ground without me holding it.

I immediately called DJI tech support, twice and was "assurred" (For whatever it's worth) that I will not be charged again.
I was given an elevated case. I was sent an email containing a Global Technical Support Form, which I am to fill out.
Few questions I'm stumped on:
Return parts: I have six boxes. What do I put on these?
Purchase Source: I put DJI Repair. This isn't the drone I purchased.
Order Number: DJI Repair

However, this form seems to imply that I will be getting charged again.

I WILL NOT PAY FOR THIS. If I get charged for anything, someone is getting sued. I am contacting a lawyer within the week.
This is unaccepable. I am not at fault for this drone being a dead on arrival.
2018-4-12
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

The original repair charges seem fair.  But getting back a DOA drone is not.  Hopefully DJI will send you a fully working replacement.
2018-4-12
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Birdii, that must have been frustrating for you, sorry for the unfortunate experience with our repair center, please note that products and components presented for repair may be replaced by refurbished goods of the same type rather than being repaired. Sorry again that the replacement doesn't work well, your frustration has been escalated to the appropriate department to follow up, please send in the drone with the original package, we will also keep improving our quality evaluation. Hope the issue will be sorted out soon.
2018-4-12
Use props
Birdii
lvl.1

Update.
My drone has (finally) been delivered. Awaiting the (poor) repair service to claim I owe money on a drone I never took off with, in which case I will be pressing legal action against DJI.
2018-4-16
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Birdii Posted at 2018-4-16 13:39
Update.
My drone has (finally) been delivered. Awaiting the (poor) repair service to claim I owe money on a drone I never took off with, in which case I will be pressing legal action against DJI.

Thanks for your update, the drone hasn't been registered in the system yet, once it's done, the damage assessment will be conducted, please kindly wait for a moment and let us know if you have any query to the damage assessment, thank you. Hope everything goes smoothly.
2018-4-16
Use props
Birdii
lvl.1

Update 2:
Damage (Reminder, this is the drone they sent me. AFTER HAVING PAID THE ORIGINAL REPAIR FEE) has been evaluated, and I am now going to be sent an invoice (A balance I owe) in 2-3 business days.

Someone is getting sued.

This is utter BS. DJI, I will be contacting an attorney. I already paid you twits to repair the drone, and you sent me a broken one in return. You are attempting to extort money from me, for YOUR screw up.
2018-4-17
Use props
Birdii
lvl.1

Update 3.
Mavic Pro will be covered under warranty.
2018-4-17
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Birdii Posted at 2018-4-17 15:23
Update 3.
Mavic Pro will be covered under warranty.

That is correct, we will speed up the process and hope you will receive it very soon, please let us know if there is anything else we can help you.
2018-4-17
Use props
Birdii
lvl.1

Update 4:
I am now to wait 5-7 days for a two hour repair...

I could understand waiting to get the parts in, but 5-7 days AFTER the acquisition of the parts? Give me a break.
2018-4-18
Use props
Birdii
lvl.1

update 5:

Drone has been "repaired" - most likely replaced due to this not taking 5-7 business days.
Awaiting tracking number and full shipment.
2018-4-18
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Birdii Posted at 2018-4-18 13:28
update 5:

Drone has been "repaired" - most likely replaced due to this not taking 5-7 business days.

We're keeping following the status as well. The tracking number will be sent to you as long as the package shipped.
2018-4-18
Use props
djiuser_ZZzQWbJT6Ly5
New
Nigeria

Hello everyone, I'm sending my drone for repair. My two Mavic air battery keeps giving me an error that battery signal error after the drone fell. I got the drone from Amazon 4months ago. Is DJI going to fix my mavic air for free
2019-2-12
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

djiuser_ZZzQWbJT6Ly5 Posted at 2-12 10:40
Hello everyone, I'm sending my drone for repair. My two Mavic air battery keeps giving me an error that battery signal error after the drone fell. I got the drone from Amazon 4months ago. Is DJI going to fix my mavic air for free

Hi there, sorry for the crash accident, it depends on if the accident was caused by the product issue or the user error. Please contact our support team www.dji.com/support to start a ticket and send in the drone for the evaluation first, thank you.
2019-2-12
Use props
djiuser_6xVJI6vnVXb0
lvl.1
Flight distance : 104088 ft
Netherlands

Good afternoon,
I send my mini 2 and the following the tracking nr it should be delivered already to DJI center but my case status is still not updated. Can you please check if my dron has been actually delivered? I also forgot to take out my memory card
2021-9-10
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

djiuser_6xVJI6vnVXb0 Posted at 9-10 04:07
Good afternoon,
I send my mini 2 and the following the tracking nr it should be delivered already to DJI center but my case status is still not updated. Can you please check if my dron has been actually delivered? I also forgot to take out my memory card

Hi there, we've managed to find out your case number through your forum account.  Please be advised that it takes some time to record your product's information on the system after your product arrives at the repair center. If there is any progress, you will receive an email update. We will also forward your situation of the SD card to the corresponding team for a check. Hope you can wait patiently.
2021-9-10
Use props
djiuser_6xVJI6vnVXb0
lvl.1
Flight distance : 104088 ft
Netherlands

DJI Mindy Posted at 9-10 04:41
Hi there, we've managed to find out your case number through your forum account.  Please be advised that it takes some time to record your product's information on the system after your product arrives at the repair center. If there is any progress, you will receive an email update. We will also forward your situation of the SD card to the corresponding team for a check. Hope you can wait patiently.

Thank you for you r response.
2021-9-10
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

djiuser_6xVJI6vnVXb0 Posted at 9-10 12:44
Thank you for you r response.

You're most welcome. If there is anything else we can assist you with, please feel free to let us know.
2021-9-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules