No 5.8 GHz Channels
12Next >
7451 78 2018-4-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mdripper
lvl.2
United States

Just recieved my Mavic Air, i live in a fairly heavy interference zone(lots of houses, USA). I want to switch from 2.4 to 5.8 channels for extra range and strength but 5.8GHz isnt showing up at all. I go to wifi setting swtich it from auto to custome but 2.4 is still the only option. Theres only channels 1-10. I'm not revcieving any firmware notifications, ive tried reinstalling the app, tried using both my phone( iphone 6) and my wife's phone(iphone 7) and still only 10 channels under 2.4GHz. Am I missing something?
2018-4-12
Use props
Iceman Cometh
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3513835 ft

Did you scroll left through the channels to the 5.8GHz ones? Channels should be in the hundreds.
2018-4-12
Use props
mdripper
lvl.2
United States

Iceman Cometh Posted at 2018-4-12 16:33
Did you scroll left through the channels to the 5.8GHz ones? Channels should be in the hundreds.

There's nothing to scroll to. My channels only go to 10
2018-4-12
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

mdripper Posted at 2018-4-12 16:48
There's nothing to scroll to. My channels only go to 10

Please also try to refresh the latest firmware via DJI Assistant 2 on the PC. If still no 5.8GHz, please provide me with the screenshots of the WiFi Settings and firmware info (General Settings, About), the system log of your drone, and the log of your RC.
I will forward to our engineers to check.
2018-4-12
Use props
Bokepacha
lvl.4
Flight distance : 149265 ft
Netherlands

Hi Mr. Dipper!

I might be wrong, but isn't 5.8ghz for strength and 2.4 for extended range? If you want to switch to 5.8 you won't get more range afaik.
2018-4-12
Use props
Mike 904
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3871 ft

I too received my Mavic Air 2 days ago. No 5.8 options available. Only 1-10, which is also strange because my understanding is 2.4 should at least show 1-11. Have all the latest firmware updates via DJI Assistant 2. iPhone 6. Called support, was told others have reported the problem and the engineers are looking into it. Please let us know if you find a solution.
2018-4-13
Use props
Kevjones1959
lvl.4
Flight distance : 61932 ft

South Africa

Try and take it off Auto setting and scroll to the right and see if the channels are there.
2018-4-13
Use props
Mike 904
lvl.2

Kevjones1959 Posted at 2018-4-13 04:41
Try and take it off Auto setting and scroll to the right and see if the channels are there.

Tried, only see 1-10 on Custom.
2018-4-13
Use props
Mike 904
lvl.2

Mike 904 Posted at 2018-4-13 04:54
Tried, only see 1-10 on Custom.

2018-4-13
Use props
mdripper
lvl.2
United States

Yes! That's exactly what mine looks like, so strange. I know 2.4 is better for range but I'm looking more for the stronger signal in heavy interference areas. Going to try and refreshing all the firmware via Assistant and see what happens and then give support a call.
2018-4-13
Use props
mdripper
lvl.2
United States

Just finished refreshing all firmware and deleting and reinstalling the app and still nothing. I called GJI support and the first person I talked to was absolutely no help. She had no idea what I was talking about and transferred me to another person. Second person could only offer me the reason I'm not seeing the 5.8 is because my location doesn't have that signal available. Not sure if thats a "I don't have any of answer for you" kind of answer but he tried haha. I guess ill drive down the street and see if i can get the 5.8 in another location but it would be really helpful where I'm at.
2018-4-13
Use props
mdripper
lvl.2
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-4-12 20:00
Please also try to refresh the latest firmware via DJI Assistant 2 on the PC. If still no 5.8GHz, please provide me with the screenshots of the WiFi Settings and firmware info (General Settings, About), the system log of your drone, and the log of your RC.
I will forward to our engineers to check.

I'll get those screen shots to you as soon as I can.
2018-4-13
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer
Flight distance : 261509 ft

mdripper Posted at 2018-4-13 07:13
Yes! That's exactly what mine looks like, so strange. I know 2.4 is better for range but I'm looking more for the stronger signal in heavy interference areas. Going to try and refreshing all the firmware via Assistant and see what happens and then give support a call.

Just to be sure, when you see this, have you touched the graph with the red and one blue bar and tried to scroll it towards the left side?
2018-4-13
Use props
mdripper
lvl.2
United States

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-4-13 08:30
Just to be sure, when you see this, have you touched the graph with the red and one blue bar and tried to scroll it towards the left side?

Yup, about a million times
2018-4-13
Use props
mdripper
lvl.2
United States

im very close to boxing this thing up and getting a Pro instead
2018-4-13
Use props
fansf93af7a9
lvl.4
Flight distance : 214019 ft
United States

Did you click where it says Channel Mode 2.4 GHZ?
2018-4-13
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer

mdripper Posted at 2018-4-13 10:41

Do whatever you deem appropriate but I wish to assure you that the problem you are facing is exceptional. Have you opened a support case with DJI already? If not, I would suggest to do that (not chat etc. but a formal case): https://www.dji.com/support
2018-4-13
Use props
LindiSopaj
lvl.2

mdripper Posted at 2018-4-13 10:41

Ive flown about 50m in distance and height only before my aircraft gets interefence errors...I feel ya about the Mavic Pro thoughts...

I do have all channels tho, but when I press a channel with low interference, it refreshes and goes up to red, same with every channel I choose pretty much, as soon as I choose it, it goes up to red... so odd
2018-4-13
Use props
mdripper
lvl.2
United States

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-4-13 12:06
Do whatever you deem appropriate but I wish to assure you that the problem you are facing is exceptional. Have you opened a support case with DJI already? If not, I would suggest to do that (not chat etc. but a formal case): https://www.dji.com/support

Ill go that route, just getting a little frustrated. Went for a flight today and made it out to 1900' without any signal interference. I had to turn around because of some air space restriction warnings that made me a little nervous( entering warning class D zone and another warning about unpaved runways). I never realized how much air traffic and restrictions there are in my area. Could that potentially be the issue for lack of 5.8?
2018-4-13
Use props
Mavic Ace
lvl.4
Flight distance : 333976 ft
  • >>>

mdripper Posted at 2018-4-13 17:31
Ill go that route, just getting a little frustrated. Went for a flight today and made it out to 1900' without any signal interference. I had to turn around because of some air space restriction warnings that made me a little nervous( entering warning class D zone and another warning about unpaved runways). I never realized how much air traffic and restrictions there are in my area. Could that potentially be the issue for lack of 5.8?

Did you purchase it from DJI?  
2018-4-13
Use props
mdripper
lvl.2
United States

No, Adorama
2018-4-13
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer

mdripper Posted at 2018-4-13 17:31

I don't think so.
2018-4-13
Use props
brianoflondon
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1163743 ft
Israel

I also haven’t seen any evidence of 5.8Ghz. I got my Mavic Air just this week in Israel. Finding range in urban locations in Tel Aviv very limited.
2018-4-14
Use props
brianoflondon
lvl.3
Israel

I thought it was just something to do with being in Israel but this is what my screen looks like. No sign of 5.8Ghz. Today while flying an American tourist showed up and his Spark was happily running on 5.8Ghz.

2018-4-14
Use props
mdripper
lvl.2
United States

http://mavic-air-readme.html
2018-4-14
Use props
mdripper
lvl.2
United States

Ignore this, i dont know how to delete it. Was supposed to be link to a screen shot video.
2018-4-14
Use props
Ovi 1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 351545 ft
United States

Try connect the drone to a different device that has the DJI app. That fixed my issue. My 5.8ghz was missing I connected my ipad to the drone with the remote download the dji 4 app and my 5.8ghz came back.
2018-4-14
Use props
brianoflondon
lvl.3
Israel

I had a reply on Twitter from DJI Support saying 5.8GHz is not available in Israel (I half suspected this). However I do know that even the main Israeli telco is giving out consumer routers to all its customers with 5.8GHz switched on and I’m certainly using it at home.

Also a US tourist next to me with a Spark was on 5.8GHz so DJI are not completely consistent if you move your drone across the world I suspect.
The US tourist is the guy in the yellow standing next to me (in the red). He's obviously able to look at the scenary while I'm stupidly absorbed in my drone flying!

IMG_5310.PNG
drone herzliyah sea wall 02.jpg
2018-4-14
Use props
etp
lvl.1
Flight distance : 445223 ft
Germany

try another device....a people in Germany had the same Problem (IOS Handy) Tried it with an android cellphone from a friend and air has changed as it should.....
2018-4-15
Use props
Mike 904
lvl.2

mdripper Posted at 2018-4-13 07:13

I keep thinking the MA might not be in FCC Mode, especially since it doesn't go higher than channel 10.
Noticed something else, look at the date format on Flight Records.
2018-4-16
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Thank you for your info. Could you please also provide the screenshot of the firmware info? It is in the About of General Settings. Please also tell me your general location.  I would like to forward to our engineers to check. Thank you.
2018-4-16
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

brianoflondon Posted at 2018-4-14 04:54
I thought it was just something to do with being in Israel but this is what my screen looks like. No sign of 5.8Ghz. Today while flying an American tourist showed up and his Spark was happily running on 5.8Ghz.

[view_image]

Hi there, since Isreal doesn't support 5.8GHz so those channels are not available. If you are located in Isreal, then you might not be able to change to 5.8GHz then.
2018-4-16
Use props
Mike 904
lvl.2

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-4-16 20:18
Thank you for your info. Could you please also provide the screenshot of the firmware info? It is in the About of General Settings. Please also tell me your general location.  I would like to forward to our engineers to check. Thank you.

Here is the firmware screen shot. Please note, I am actually only seeing channels 2-10 in addition to the date format issue on the flight records.

2018-4-17
Use props
Mike 904
lvl.2

Mike 904 Posted at 2018-4-17 06:05
Here is the firmware screen shot. Please note, I am actually only seeing channels 2-10 in addition to the date format issue on the flight records.

[view_image]

I'm located in Jacksonville Florida
2018-4-17
Use props
Catalyst23
lvl.2
Flight distance : 147772 ft
Japan

use android mobile could get rid of this bug.
2018-4-17
Use props
Mike 904
lvl.2

So I contacted DJI Support. Here is the correspondence:

Subject: No 5.8 wifi channels, only 2-10 on 2.4

Message: Recently received Mavic Air. No 5.8 options available. Only 2-10 on 2.4 (my understanding is 2.4 should at least show 1-11). Very limited range. Have all the latest firmware updates via DJI Assistant 2. iPhone 6. Also, noticed the date format on flight records is in the format day/month/year. Screen shots of firmware, wifi, and flight records attached.

Dear Michael,

Good day!

Thank you for contacting DJI Technical Support. We thank you as well for providing us the screenshots for us to rectify the issue. We would like to apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you and we will do our best to assist you as soon as possible.

For your concern, you can change it by changing the channel you use. if you go into the wifi settings in the app, it will by default choose what it thinks is the best signal, since 2.4 is generally more powerful, it will usually default to that. However, if you choose "custom" and scroll down to "Channel Index" you can chose different channels, and depending on the one you chose, will choose 5.8 or 2.4

We look forward to hearing from you soon.

Thank you and have a nice day.
Best regards,

Limwel
DJI Technical Support
Website  http://www.dji.com/support
2018-4-18
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Mike 904 Posted at 2018-4-17 06:05
Here is the firmware screen shot. Please note, I am actually only seeing channels 2-10 in addition to the date format issue on the flight records.

[view_image]

Thank you so much, I had forwarded your case to the engineers. Just to confirm again, there are no other channels even if you slide the screen to the left, right? If it is convenient, please also help to export the system log of the drone and the log data of your remote for checking the exact case that happened to you. You can export the log via the DJI Assistant 2 on the PC and upload to Dropbox. Appreciate your help.
2018-4-18
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

mdripper Posted at 2018-4-13 08:12
I'll get those screen shots to you as soon as I can.

If the issue persists, please help to export the data I mentioned on 37#. Appreciate it.
2018-4-18
Use props
Privateer
lvl.2
Flight distance : 117493 ft

Using iPhone X and I'm having the exact same issue. Live in Utah and drone arrived from DJI the 13th. Drone and RC have latest firmware and app is updated. I only show 2.4G and 10 channels to choose from. Tried a different iPhone X and same issue. No amount of going to Custom or sliding around will show more than the 10 channels and only 2.4G
2018-4-19
Use props
DJI_Z
lvl.4
Flight distance : 336204 ft
United States

Privateer Posted at 2018-4-19 13:37
Using iPhone X and I'm having the exact same issue. Live in Utah and drone arrived from DJI the 13th. Drone and RC have latest firmware and app is updated. I only show 2.4G and 10 channels to choose from. Tried a different iPhone X and same issue. No amount of going to Custom or sliding around will show more than the 10 channels and only 2.4G

As per another thread here, see if you can borrow an android for 10 minutes, install DJI Go 4, login, connect, and it will detect the proper region, then you can go back to the iPhone and it should work.

Not sure why this is needed for some of us, but it is a quick fix if you have/can borrow a phone.
2018-4-19
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules