No 5.8 GHz Channels
7491 78 2018-4-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
xuID1T6yBxz2
lvl.1
United States

Just got an Air a couple days ago. Having the same problem!  NO 5.8ghz !!1 I live in Los Angeles, and the 2.4 bands are completely used. And every one shows as VERY unstable. So I have a problem flying any distance with my new Air. I could get 2.4 and. 5.8 on my Spark. I’m using an iPhone X and tried installing the newest firmware with DJI Assistant II and still have the problem.
2018-4-19
Use props
fansf900adb1
lvl.2
Italy

got a new MA replaced after a crash and I have exactly the same problem: WIFi Channels only 1 to 10; no channels scrolling possibilities. Tried both Iphone 7+ and Ipad Air2; nothing change. latest firmware updated. Previous MA worked well instead. What to do?
2018-4-20
Use props
Mike 904
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3871 ft

Found this on another thread, solved my problem of no 5.8, and limited 2.4 channels:
Had the same Problem ( i guess its a firmware Problem?) The RC or the Mavic Air thinks you are in a different region.
I´am on a iOS Device and solved it this way

try a Android Device (ask Family or Friends)
download the DJI Go4 App and go forward as usually
then the App should ask you something like this "you are in a different region update Wifi Settings?" click Yes and it should work with 5.8 ghz

then you can go back to your ios device and it should work.
2018-4-20
Use props
Mike 904
lvl.2

Found this on another thread, solved my problem of no 5.8, and limited 2.4 channels:

Had the same Problem ( i guess its a firmware Problem?) The RC or the Mavic Air thinks you are in a different region.
I´am on a iOS Device and solved it this way

try a Android Device (ask Family or Friends)
download the DJI Go4 App and go forward as usually
then the App should ask you something like this "you are in a different region update Wifi Settings?" click Yes and it should work with 5.8 ghz

then you can go back to your ios device and it should work.
2018-4-20
Use props
davide.it
lvl.2
Italy

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... amp;fromuid=1485994

hope this link can run
2018-4-20
Use props
Kevinab
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2159006 ft
Sweden

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... D534%26typeid%3D534
2018-4-20
Use props
xuID1T6yBxz2
lvl.1
United States

Mike 904 Posted at 2018-4-20 13:50
Found this on another thread, solved my problem of no 5.8, and limited 2.4 channels:

At first I thought this was a bunch of bull. But I went and got a burner Android phone, downloaded the DJIGo4 app from the Google Play Store, connected my Mavic Air and saw the 5.8 GHz channels. Then I returned to my Apple iPhone X and now I have the gigahertz channels there. You people right!  By the way, I tried calling DJI support today and they told me they knew of the problem and the app developer was working on it but they couldn’t tell me when the fix would be out. But this Android fix worked, even though it cost me $50 I shouldn’t have had to spend. Best Buy wouldn’t help me out.
2018-4-20
Use props
davide.it
lvl.2
Italy

happy to hear this because I refreshed the firmware with DJI ASSISTANT but it did not solve the issue. I'll look for an Android phone
2018-4-21
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-4-18 18:54
If the issue persists, please help to export the data I mentioned on 37#. Appreciate it.

Aloha Thor,

Recently, I bought a Mavic Air (MA) and today I checked this problem and my MA does not have 5.8 GHz.  But, I think the problem is due to my AC firmware update.  I did not receive a USB-C cable with my Mavic Air and somehow managed to get the AC to connect to the Assistant 2 on the PC computer with the USB-B cable I received erroneously with my Mavic Air purchase.  (DJI is shipping a USB-C cable to me.)

The update acted properly, but I have had other indications that the firmware update did not "take".  I think when I get the replacement and update my AC firmware with Assistant 2, the problem will be solved, or so I hope.  The other indicators should also be improved or solved to.

The weird thing is it flies properly otherwise.  The actual over write must have been prevented but I have not compared the numbers yet.  I am still having fun with it.  Tiny little buggah!

Hope this helps!

Aloha and Drone On!
2018-4-21
Use props
Mike 904
lvl.2
United States

davide.it Posted at 2018-4-21 01:11
happy to hear this because I refreshed the firmware with DJI ASSISTANT but it did not solve the issue. I'll look for an Android phone

I borrowed my brothers Android.
Took less than 10 minutes.
Let us know the outcome, I'm confidant it will work, and your range will be much better!
2018-4-21
Use props
fansc7cef43d
lvl.1
Flight distance : 167 ft
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-4-18 18:49
Thank you so much, I had forwarded your case to the engineers. Just to confirm again, there are no other channels even if you slide the screen to the left, right? If it is convenient, please also help to export the system log of the drone and the log data of your remote for checking the exact case that happened to you. You can export the log via the DJI Assistant 2 on the PC and upload to Dropbox. Appreciate your help.

Same problem here ... in the states and no 5.8 whatsoever.  WTF
2018-4-21
Use props
SimplePanda
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1719062 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Mike 904 Posted at 2018-4-21 08:45
I borrowed my brothers Android.
Took less than 10 minutes.
Let us know the outcome, I'm confidant it will work, and your range will be much better!

Same. I fly with my iPhone X if I'm hiking and have an iPad Air 2 for fixed location flying. Never any issues with DJI Go across all of my drones or cameras that have used it (Inspire 1, Phantom 4, Osmo Pro, etc).

Mavic Air seems ok in terms of functionality but i'm in Canada and it was totally stuck in the channel 2-10 2.4ghz mode (either SRRC or MIC I would guess).

Neither the iPhone X or the iPad would properly switch the Air into FCC mode (which is the mode of record for Canada as the FCC and CRTC/IC regs are generally harmonized for wireless devices).

Connected my ancient Nexus 7 tablet. It immediately said it was going to switch the Wifi region. Drone disconnected and when I reconnected, I had access to channels 1-11 on 2.4ghz and 149+ on 5.8ghz (as I should have).
As others have said, this switch to FCC mode now persists when I connect my iPhone X, and the Air went from unusably poor range to perfectly acceptable for an aircraft of this size.

This is pretty clearly a bug in the iOS of version of DJI Go 4. Has anyone been able to file a bug with DJI on this or are any DJI forum members here to help file this?

Pretty problematic! Basically if you buy a Mavic Air in Canada with an iOS device only, as far as I can tell the aircraft is basically broken and assuming I didn't know a thing or two about WiFi spectrum, I would have likely returned it.
2018-4-21
Use props
thossessess-sp
lvl.1
Flight distance : 114268 ft
  • >>>

Having same issue. iPhone X and no 5.8GHz channels. In Columbus, OH. USA. Tried resets, redownloading, etc. I have a trip coming up in 5 weeks - Rented an expensive vacation house on the ocean and I need the extended range for filming out over the ocean on this trip. As it stands now, I cannot go farther than 400ft away before losing my signal entirely and the remote disconnects. Never had that issue on my Phantom or Mavic Pro. I’m very disappointed.
2018-4-22
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi there, regarding this issue, our engineers had aware of it. If you are using the iOS DJI GO 4 v4.2.12, if it can be realized, you can use the older DJI GO 4 app. Or please try to connect the drone to an Android device first and switch back.
And this issue will also be resolved with the coming DJI GO 4 app iOS. Thank you very much for your report and sorry for the inconvenience.
2018-4-23
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

fansc7cef43d Posted at 2018-4-21 13:29
Same problem here ... in the states and no 5.8 whatsoever.  WTF

Sorry for the inconvenience. Please refer to my reply on 54#. Hope it helps.
2018-4-23
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Cetacean Posted at 2018-4-21 01:42
Aloha Thor,

Recently, I bought a Mavic Air (MA) and today I checked this problem and my MA does not have 5.8 GHz.  But, I think the problem is due to my AC firmware update.  I did not receive a USB-C cable with my Mavic Air and somehow managed to get the AC to connect to the Assistant 2 on the PC computer with the USB-B cable I received erroneously with my Mavic Air purchase.  (DJI is shipping a USB-C cable to me.)

Sorry for the difficulties, friend. For the 5.8GHz issue, our engineers had figured it out. If you are also using the iOS device with this issue, please refer to my reply on 54#. See if it helps.
Besides, just a word of confirmation, we had sent the USB-C cable to you, right? Sorry for the inconvenience again. If there is anything I can do, please feel free to let me know.
2018-4-23
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-4-23 00:27
Sorry for the difficulties, friend. For the 5.8GHz issue, our engineers had figured it out. If you are also using the iOS device with this issue, please refer to my reply on 54#. See if it helps.
Besides, just a word of confirmation, we had sent the USB-C cable to you, right? Sorry for the inconvenience again. If there is anything I can do, please feel free to let me know.

Aloha Thor,

UPS says the USB-C cable should be here Tuesday, but if the past is any example, I should get it tomorrow.  It is on island already and probably loaded on the truck for delivery certainly by tomorrow morning.  UPS and FedEx have really upped their game with DJI.  Mahalo for the offer!

I only use Android and as my previous post indicated, my Assistant 2 update did not work because the USB cable was not the right one.  After the cable is delivered, I expect the problem will get resolved.  Mahalo again for the offer.

Aloha and Drone On!
2018-4-23
Use props
Jos A
First Officer
Flight distance : 73209 ft
Netherlands

When using no OTG cable so connect only with WIFI , are you guys still have  no 5.8 GHZ channels?
2018-4-23
Use props
davide.it
lvl.2
Italy

Jos A Posted at 2018-4-23 02:13
When using no OTG cable so connect only with WIFI , are you guys still have  no 5.8 GHZ channels?

Yes, Jos A; the same behaviour when connecting my iphone directly to MA via WIFI; no 5,8 GHz channels!
2018-4-23
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Cetacean Posted at 2018-4-23 00:51
Aloha Thor,

UPS says the USB-C cable should be here Tuesday, but if the past is any example, I should get it tomorrow.  It is on island already and probably loaded on the truck for delivery certainly by tomorrow morning.  UPS and FedEx have really upped their game with DJI.  Mahalo for the offer!

Thank you for getting back. Then think you'll receive the cable soon. And please keep us updated if the channels issue still exists after that.
If it is convenient, you can also try an iOS for connecting first. Thank you.
2018-4-23
Use props
GLJones
lvl.2
Flight distance : 41381 ft
United States

I had the same problem but the 5.8 started appearing unexpectedly.  After reading the solutions above, I am guessing that the time I connected with my Android tablet must have fixed it without my knowledge.  Working fine on my iPads.
2018-4-23
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-4-23 19:02
Thank you for getting back. Then think you'll receive the cable soon. And please keep us updated if the channels issue still exists after that.
If it is convenient, you can also try an iOS for connecting first. Thank you.

Aloha Thor,

DJI sent me the wrong cable.  The one they sent is and adapter between a device and the RC.  I need the cable between the computer and the aircraft.  It is a USB-C cable.  The one sent to me is a micro USB adapter to a micro USB-C.  I already have one of those.

I still cannot connect the aircraft to DJI Assistant 2 on the computer.  Back to the drawing board.  Sorry.

Aloha and Drone On!
2018-4-23
Use props
mdripper
lvl.2
United States

Used my dads Android phone to reset the WiFi location, 5.8 channels immediately showed up. Reconnected with my iPhone and the 5.8 channels are still there! Just wanted to reenforce doing a quick connection with an android device will infact fix this issue. I want to thank everyone that comment and shared their input into this problem!
2018-4-24
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Cetacean Posted at 2018-4-23 20:03
Aloha Thor,

DJI sent me the wrong cable.  The one they sent is and adapter between a device and the RC.  I need the cable between the computer and the aircraft.  It is a USB-C cable.  The one sent to me is a micro USB adapter to a micro USB-C.  I already have one of those.

Sorry about that. Have you reported this case to our support again? Could you please provide me with your case number? I would like to check the details of this case.
BTW, let me make a screenshot of the current situation for better confirm. Please refer to the pic below, is that correct? cable.png
2018-4-24
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-4-24 18:17
Sorry about that. Have you reported this case to our support again? Could you please provide me with your case number? I would like to check the details of this case.
BTW, let me make a screenshot of the current situation for better confirm. Please refer to the pic below, is that correct? [view_image]

Aloha Thor,

The needed communications cable is right.  What I called an adapter is really the RC Connector cable Type-C.  I now have two of them.  My apologies.

Not needed.

I still need the Communication cable that you indicated.

Needed

BTW, the shipment came real fast but the wrong cable.  Yes, I am in communication with the DJI Store Support about the issue.  

Mahalo for the help!

Aloha and Drone On!

2018-4-24
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Cetacean Posted at 2018-4-24 19:00
Aloha Thor,

The needed communications cable is right.  What I called an adapter is really the RC Connector cable Type-C.  I now have two of them.  My apologies.

Okay, thank you for the correction. I believe the support will help on this. If anything I can do, please feel free to let me know.
2018-4-24
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-4-24 19:16
Okay, thank you for the correction. I believe the support will help on this. If anything I can do, please feel free to let me know.

Aloha Thor,

I have mentioned you twice already and that we are trying to see if the right cable will solve my missing 5.8 GHz problem.  So, if you are contacted, at least you know why.  Mahalo again for the help!

Aloha and Drone On!
2018-4-24
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Cetacean Posted at 2018-4-24 19:27
Aloha Thor,

I have mentioned you twice already and that we are trying to see if the right cable will solve my missing 5.8 GHz problem.  So, if you are contacted, at least you know why.  Mahalo again for the help!

No problems!
2018-4-24
Use props
MagMan1979
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1535679 ft
Canada

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-4-23 00:27
Sorry for the difficulties, friend. For the 5.8GHz issue, our engineers had figured it out. If you are also using the iOS device with this issue, please refer to my reply on 54#. See if it helps.

Hi Thor,

Do you have any idea what the ETA is on the updated DJI GO app with the needed bug fix?

My new MA is also stricken by this, and whilst I'm working around it with some antenna signal boosters, it's still not the ideal fix...

Cheers
2018-4-25
Use props
Kimosabe
lvl.3
Flight distance : 166703 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

MagMan1979 Posted at 2018-4-25 11:40
Hi Thor,

Do you have any idea what the ETA is on the updated DJI GO app with the needed bug fix?

Did you guys try to force your Mavic Air to the correct region using the recent Litchi release?
2018-4-25
Use props
MagMan1979
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1535679 ft
Canada

Kimosabe Posted at 2018-4-25 12:15
Did you guys try to force your Mavic Air to the correct region using the recent Litchi release?

I have no idea what a Litchi release is, so no I haven't yet
2018-4-25
Use props
bobmatnyc
lvl.1
United States

Have the exact same issue. Only 10 channels tried scrolling etc.
2018-4-25
Use props
bobmatnyc
lvl.1
United States

(Also purchased from DJI). So clearly issue is not so exceptional.
2018-4-25
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

MagMan1979 Posted at 2018-4-25 11:40
Hi Thor,

Do you have any idea what the ETA is on the updated DJI GO app with the needed bug fix?

Sorry, I don't have the time frame, but think it won't be too long.
2018-4-25
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

bobmatnyc Posted at 2018-4-25 20:04
(Also purchased from DJI). So clearly issue is not so exceptional.

Hi there, if you are also using the iOS device, we got a temporary resolution, please refer to my reply on 54#. Thank you.
2018-4-25
Use props
mdripper
lvl.2
United States

If you can use someone’s non iOS phone this will fix the problem. This was my second MA which also had no 5.8 channels but connecting another phone did the trick. You only have to do that one time.The 5.8 channels have work wonders for me in my area.
2018-4-26
Use props
gekyr
lvl.3
Flight distance : 549180 ft
United Kingdom

Solution for those without access to an Android phone. This fixed my issue.

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... amp;fromuid=1653715
2018-4-29
Use props
HoosierT
lvl.2
Flight distance : 93219 ft
United States

mdripper Posted at 2018-4-26 04:31
If you can use someone’s non iOS phone this will fix the problem. This was my second MA which also had no 5.8 channels but connecting another phone did the trick. You only have to do that one time.The 5.8 channels have work wonders for me in my area.

Worked for me as well. I exchanged my first MA before I knew of this fix. My second was still missing the channels so I borrowed an android phone and it fixed it right away. BUT, for anyone struggling with range and interference, it's not just the lack of 5.8ghz that is your problem. The drone is stuck in CE mode which has significantly reduced signal strength even on 2.4ghz. Before this fix, ALL 2.4 channels would show red for me, even out in rural areas. I was limited to a ~300 feet of range. After the android fix, my 2.4 is worlds better with perfect signal out to 2000 feet which is as far as I've flown.
2018-5-4
Use props
phuc
lvl.3
Flight distance : 765906 ft
Australia

my mavic 2 no longer switches to 5.8 ghz
2020-8-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules