No Gimbal pitch change available
1564 10 2018-4-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
KSims01
lvl.2
Flight distance : 49934 ft
United States

I'm hoping someone here, or maybe an administrator can shed some light on an issue I'm having.
Whenever running a waypoint mission, whether existing or a new WP, no matter what I do during flight, the gimbal will not change pitch. Interpolate or POI height changes have no effect.
I've tried with the DJI app and also with the litchi app and see the same functionality between both of them.
With my missions, I have multiple WP's set up for different bird's eye views of a new house we are building. I've tried using interpolate as well as POI changes, but, nothing affects the gimbal pitch during flight.
I have successfully used the POI's in times past with no issues, but, now the POI has no effect on the gimbal at all, just as interpolate has none. I can pan the gimbal with the controller, but, nothing affects it during a mission.
Could this possibly be a firmware bug? If so, is there a newer version or older version that I could try?
My system is running
App v3.1.30
Version 1.9.20
Fly safe db 01.00.01.07

Any thoughts?
2018-4-12
Use props
Texas-Mark
lvl.4
Flight distance : 23002 ft
United States

When using Interpolate (Litchi) it is best to have all waypoints set to Interpolate. However, you have to select POI mode, and select the correct POI first for each waypoint in order for the gimbal angle to be correct. If you change the waypoint position, or the POI position while the waypoint is set to interpolate you have to switch it back to POI momentarily so the gimbal angle can recalculate. It only recalculates the angle when POI mode is selected.  Then you can switch it back to interpolate mode.

That said, I am still on V1.2.40+ which works perfectly for me and I refuse to update it.  Also I do all of my waypoint mission planning on my iPad mini that I use when flying.
2018-4-12
Use props
KSims01
lvl.2
United States

Texas-Mark Posted at 2018-4-12 17:14
When using Interpolate (Litchi) it is best to have all waypoints set to Interpolate. However, you have to select POI mode, and select the correct POI first for each waypoint in order for the gimbal angle to be correct. If you change the waypoint position, or the POI position while the waypoint is set to interpolate you have to switch it back to POI momentarily so the gimbal angle can recalculate. It only recalculates the angle when POI mode is selected.  Then you can switch it back to interpolate mode.

That said, I am still on V1.2.40+ which works perfectly for me and I refuse to update it.  Also I do all of my waypoint mission planning on my iPad mini that I use when flying.

Its interesting that even the POI waypoints are not being addressed. I've modified the height, converted them to interpolate and back, and although the gimbal pitch does change, it never follows during flight.
Kinda defeats the purpose of using a POI.
I'm hoping someone can point me to some firmware that might fix the issue.
Scrapping the bottom of the barrel for answers.
Thanks
2018-4-13
Use props
fansb1fe1104
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3372566 ft

KSims01 Posted at 2018-4-13 18:13
Its interesting that even the POI waypoints are not being addressed. I've modified the height, converted them to interpolate and back, and although the gimbal pitch does change, it never follows during flight.
Kinda defeats the purpose of using a POI.
I'm hoping someone can point me to some firmware that might fix the issue.

I had the exact same problem with Litchi doing a waypoint mission last week. Different Heights and angles set, then interpolate chosen for all the waypoints, yet when i flew the mission the gimbal never changed position.
2018-4-13
Use props
KSims01
lvl.2
United States

fansb1fe1104 Posted at 2018-4-13 18:21
I had the exact same problem with Litchi doing a waypoint mission last week. Different Heights and angles set, then interpolate chosen for all the waypoints, yet when i flew the mission the gimbal never changed position.

Did you ever find a resolution?

It not only occurs with litchi, but, also with the DJI go app. I have successfully used the POI function previously, but no longer.

DJI has been strangely silent.
2018-4-14
Use props
Texas-Mark
lvl.4
United States

KSims01 Posted at 2018-4-13 18:13
I've modified the height, converted them to interpolate and back, and although the gimbal pitch does change, it never follows during flight.

Interesting. I would say it has to be firmware as it works perfectly for me.
2018-4-14
Use props
Texas-Mark
lvl.4
United States

fansb1fe1104 Posted at 2018-4-13 18:21

I assume you are not flying outside of radio range.  My understanding is that mission gimbal movement will only work if you are still connected to the controller.
2018-4-14
Use props
fansb1fe1104
lvl.4

Texas-Mark Posted at 2018-4-14 04:54
I assume you are not flying outside of radio range.  My understanding is that mission gimbal movement will only work if you are still connected to the controller.

Yes it did go out of range, however the gimbal used to work when it went out of range using litchi.
2018-4-14
Use props
fansb1fe1104
lvl.4

KSims01 Posted at 2018-4-14 04:27
Did you ever find a resolution?

It not only occurs with litchi, but, also with the DJI go app. I have successfully used the POI function previously, but no longer.

I wasn't aware that you could set the gimbal to change automatically in DJI GO waypoint missions.
2018-4-14
Use props
Texas-Mark
lvl.4
United States

fansb1fe1104 Posted at 2018-4-14 08:44
Yes it did go out of range, however the gimbal used to work when it went out of range using litchi.

Hmm... See this thread, specifically post #46

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... id%3D395&page=2
2018-4-14
Use props
Texas-Mark
lvl.4
United States

fansb1fe1104 Posted at 2018-4-14 08:46
I wasn't aware that you could set the gimbal to change automatically in DJI GO waypoint missions.

Not sure about the GO app, but it will do it in Litchi.
2018-4-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules