Received first Mavic Pro Today - Lots of issues
932 13 2018-4-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AirJarvis
lvl.1
Flight distance : 100489 ft
United States

Just received my first drone from Mavic... have been watching vids for months and finally had the funds and went for it.  
So far... nothing but heart ache and a wife who I laughing at my misery...
Immediately hit with the following issues on first power up.  

1. Firmware out of date
2. Air Encoder Error (0x8000000)
3. Restart Aircraft.  Contact DJI if it persists after restart
4. Barometer encounters disconnect, please reset and check connection
5. Gimbal Disconnected

Tried updating firmware...now 5 times using iphone app.  Get "Failed to Upgrade Error code (0x020103) - so I sent in report... each time at around 75 percent.
I downloaded the Assistant app and tried updating the firmware.  The contoller updated fine.  The Mavic Pro fails at around 40 percent, with the Pro rebooting then get the error.

I have calebrated and did the compass piece multiple times
I have rebooted numerous times.
Drained the battery 2 times now in desparation to get something working... anything
No image on the camera at all
Gimbal does its check and looks fine... no picture.

IMG_6976.jpg
IMG_6977.png
2018-4-12
Use props
integer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 113355784 ft
Greece

Hi! I think you must contact with dji
2018-4-12
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

So sorry for the troubles. May I know what's the current version of the aircraft? Could you post a screenshot of About page?
2018-4-13
Use props
Bob Brown
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4209662 ft
  • >>>
United States

"Air Encoder Error (0x8000000)"

I will say this once... please take my advice. I have seen this several times and ALWAYS advise it.
SEND IT BACK TO RETAILER AS DEFECTIVE. GET A NEW ONE. THE PROBLEMS AND FRUSTRATION WILL ONLY GET WORSE.
Sending it into DJI is unacceptable especially within the first 10 days of purchase... let the retailer sort it out while you fly your new drone.

That said.. I purchased my MP from a local retailer and it has been almost flawless since day 1 about a year ago. (occasional gimble resets is my only issue.)
2018-4-13
Use props
QuadKid
Second Officer
Flight distance : 482349 ft
United States

Did you activate the AC? It is not showing up under your Avatar?
2018-4-13
Use props
Bob Brown
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4209662 ft
  • >>>
United States

integer Posted at 2018-4-12 21:48
Hi! I think you must contact with dji

Bad advice. He should contact the retailer for return/refund. ;)
2018-4-13
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
South Africa

It is better to send back to the guys you bought it from and get it changed for another
2018-4-13
Use props
ghostrdr
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1272723 ft
United States

Send it back or you'll be sorry.
2018-4-13
Use props
Bulldog
lvl.4
Flight distance : 816158 ft
United States

DJI strikes again. Crappy models everywhere.
2018-4-13
Use props
AirJarvis
lvl.1
United States

I spent some quality time with DJI on chat and sent pics of SN and errors.  I had no issue with support.  End result, recommendation to send back to seller.  Discussed this with Amazon vendor I purchased my Pro from and they concurred.  So, back to being stuck with my Yuneec Breeze as my only drone.  Will have to wait up to 7 days per Amazon to get the refund.  

Went from totally stoked at finally pulling the trigger on this purchase... you know... ‘cause Air or Pro or Platinum or wait for Pro II...
...to sigh... Breeze... that works, but, yeah...
2018-4-15
Use props
AirJarvis
lvl.1
United States

QuadKid Posted at 2018-4-13 02:29
Did you activate the AC? It is not showing up under your Avatar?

Not sure I got that far.  Created DJI account from DJI Go 4 app and not long after that the realization that I may have a lemon on my hands.  Again...DJI and Vender have been great so far.  Being a techie myself, I know these things happen... just limited in funds and have been drooling over this for probably too long, LOL.  Then to have this experience and my wife doing the slow head nod thing... sheesh.
2018-4-15
Use props
QuadKid
Second Officer
Flight distance : 482349 ft
United States

AirJarvis Posted at 2018-4-15 12:10
Not sure I got that far.  Created DJI account from DJI Go 4 app and not long after that the realization that I may have a lemon on my hands.  Again...DJI and Vender have been great so far.  Being a techie myself, I know these things happen... just limited in funds and have been drooling over this for probably too long, LOL.  Then to have this experience and my wife doing the slow head nod thing... sheesh.

After creating your account the 1st thing the app should have asked you was to sign in and Activate the Aircraft. If you didn't get that message then there would be no way to update anything until the AC was activated. Have you tried using Assistant 2 on your PC to activate it?
2018-4-15
Use props
GazFromBrum
lvl.4
Flight distance : 38606 ft
United Kingdom

I had same first drone experience after long time of wanting and wishing..... finally purchased MAVIC AIR.. .. first drone arrived ... unpacked.... activated.. ... updated.... first turn on showed camera and gimbal fault...... contacted retailer who thankfully replaced following day..... second drone has been faultless and well worth previous disappointment..... I love the MAVIC AIR and the fun it provides.. .... keep ya chin up the replacement will be fine and worth it.
2018-4-15
Use props
4WDaus
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1187257 ft
Australia

Bob Brown Posted at 2018-4-13 02:23
"Air Encoder Error (0x8000000)"

I will say this once... please take my advice. I have seen this several times and ALWAYS advise it.

This is very sound advice!
2018-4-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules