GL300E Serial number
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
KedDK
First Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

Hi i just noticed this strange issue when going over my screenshots, DJI can you please explain what is going on on my +RC in regards to the controller serial?

First picture was taken during the summer, think it was Susan asking for my versions due to all the issues.

screenshot taken during the summer

screenshot taken during the summer

This picture taken late summer while testing different FW versions, today i noticed that the RC SN has changed, this picture was since used for refference.

screenshot taken late summer

screenshot taken late summer

End October my equipment was sent for rep as i was out of patience of all the issues the 4.602 FW brought along and no fix seem to be  made to fix it.
A week into December i got my equipment back and i noticed that RC still had plastic protection on screen and top and the rubberplug was complete and compared with the above screenshot the below made me think both RC and AC had been replaced even all that had hit it was a firmware relase.

screenshot taken after replacement

screenshot taken after replacement

The above screenshot was posted ealyer today in reply to Susan in another thread, then i noticed that a new FW was released for the GL300E and after the upgrade i noticed the difference in the RC serial numbers and began to look my old screenshots over.

screenshot taken today

screenshot taken today

What is going on, why do the serial change from time to time and how come that my current apear to have the same serial when i got it back looking like a replacement?
I would sucpect that if the FW upgrades during the summer really had required a replacement it would not be the shell, screen and charge port plug would do anytthing good.
If on the other hand you have managed to transfer my old serial to a new RC then why could you not have done the same to the AC so could have been without a new pane in the flight records for the new (apparently former used/defunct) AC?
But really what is going on with those serials displayed in the app?

2018-4-13
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

KedDK, just to verify, the RC only has been sent for one time, right? Is there any chance linked to another RC between these changes?
2018-4-13
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Denmark

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-4-13 05:26
KedDK, just to verify, the RC only has been sent for one time, right? Is there any chance linked to another RC between these changes?

Yes the one i original bought was sent to DJI with AC, Batt and all during November and i have until today believed that both RC and AC was replacements but now it look like RC is the original board put in a new shell.

I have not have it linked to anything else and i was the one registered when it was new late June. But it look like both before and after it was back at DJI that the S/N has toggled between the same two numbers, little odd i think.
All i can think about is if there is more serials onboard and different FW versions are reading the different numbers, but i really have no idea what this is about.
2018-4-13
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Denmark

PM'ed you the old case no, now i just noticed that the numbers are a little different, the middle D6R in the first numbers has become 6HY in the second set but still why does the end numbers change on the same HW and what are the chances both would have the same numbers?
2018-4-13
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Denmark

Hi Susan
You asked the other day if the motors can be started while the Aircraft Encoder Error was present, i still can and i has just a moment ago synced a flight done while the error was present.

As said, the error is now displayed in the app again, this is a good thing as such should not be hidden from the pilot.

Aircraft Encoder Error

Aircraft Encoder Error

Even there is no feed from the camera i have no problems making photos and videos just unable to see what was framed, the gimbal pitch display was active and working but i noticed one strange thing ...

No Pano feature

No Pano feature

While the Aircraft Encoder Error was present the pano mode was also gone but ...

Pano feature visible again

Pano feature visible again

As soon the Aircraft Encoder Error went away and i got visual feedback after about 10 min. in the air with 65% bat left, the pano feature also became possible again. This i find a little strange as i thought the Pano was all done in AC after a command sent from the RC and shouldn't depend on the video feedback being active, make me wonder what overall role this Aircraft encoder has?

The flight was without any unusual issues, i had a strange backward drifting i have not experienced like that before but else just the usual  small floating around i have experienced ever since the AC .4.602 release in june.
Wind warnings still way to sensitive, it was actually nice and calm when the flight was performed be it popped up several times, this still is a bad behaviour as we will get used to ignore it, all in all an annoying feature.
First video feed interruptions showed up in a distance of about 100 meters like it started to do on one of the late summer updates, so this still has not improved even after the replacement in November. Often i start seeing it around the 300 meter distance.

I think something has changed in regards to the object radar, i used to have that active even when the sensors are disabled but i don't think it was working in this version before i activated the sensors, i will test this further during monday where i has a project planned.
2018-4-14
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

KedDK Posted at 2018-4-13 05:36
Yes the one i original bought was sent to DJI with AC, Batt and all during November and i have until today believed that both RC and AC was replacements but now it look like RC is the original board put in a new shell.

I have not have it linked to anything else and i was the one registered when it was new late June. But it look like both before and after it was back at DJI that the S/N has toggled between the same two numbers, little odd i think.

Double checked with our engineers, the last four digits will change according to the country/region automatically. As the RC has been replaceed before, the RC SN will change as well. This is a normal phenomenon.
2018-4-16
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

KedDK Posted at 2018-4-14 09:33
Hi Susan
You asked the other day if the motors can be started while the Aircraft Encoder Error was present, i still can and i has just a moment ago synced a flight done while the error was present.

Well noted, thanks! Would you mind exporting some flight logs when the warning appears? It looks like an individual issue, we'd still like to analyze and see whether it can be addressed out remotely.
2018-4-16
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Denmark

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-4-16 01:39
Well noted, thanks! Would you mind exporting some flight logs when the warning appears? It looks like an individual issue, we'd still like to analyze and see whether it can be addressed out remotely.

All flights made with the AC from the last two pictures in OP with serial ending with 00DX should have this, it was delivered to me with this error.
Usually i have waited for the error to disappear and the videofeed to show up before actually taking off, in the flight the other day i took off as soon it got the GPS lock and the only i know for sure the errors was present and covered during the flight.

There is no reason trying to solve it remotely, it has to go back as it also came with some Battery Signal Error and something fluffy with the gimbal yaw the low distance/radio power issue my original AC was sent away to fix was not even solved.
I am sure if you can track history of the AC serial you will see that someone somehow has managed to send me what someone has returned due to the above issues.
2018-4-16
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Denmark

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-4-16 01:27
Double checked with our engineers, the last four digits will change according to the country/region automatically. As the RC has been replaced before, the RC SN will change as well. This is a normal phenomenon.

Not sure i understand.
Why would a serial number change due to location and what does the ending numbers tell?
All the screen shots has been taken from same location btw unless a few meters would count as location change.
2018-4-16
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

KedDK Posted at 2018-4-16 02:31
Not sure i understand.
Why would a serial number change due to location and what does the ending numbers tell?
All the screen shots has been taken from same location btw unless a few meters would count as location change.

It's normal as the SN of APP includes much information. No need to bother this.

Regarding the aircraft encoder error, I'm afraid that you may consider returning to ensure the flight safety. Sorry about this.
2018-4-17
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Denmark

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-4-17 01:17
It's normal as the SN of APP includes much information. No need to bother this.

Regarding the aircraft encoder error, I'm afraid that you may consider returning to ensure the flight safety. Sorry about this.

I know it is not something under your control but i really think that is an issue to worry it the serial numbers displayed at the App can not but trusted as being constant.

The stickers can be removed or replaced with fake and have i registered the serial numbers listed by the App to my insurance and other places, the number might not match with that.
In case of theft i wouldn't even get my equipment back even the thieves was caught soon after in case the serials listed could change of location. The thieves would be able to keep the stuff as it could not be proved it is stolen.

I can't even use the numbers listed on the cardboard box as i think this is my original box returned with the replaced equipment and the numbers on it don't match any numbers on the above pictures.

The only time the serials should change is when the board that contain the number get replaced but as it seem to be, where can i find more information about when i can expect the listed serial numbers to change?
2018-4-17
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

KedDK Posted at 2018-4-17 04:32
I know it is not something under your control but i really think that is an issue to worry it the serial numbers displayed at the App can not but trusted as being constant.

The stickers can be removed or replaced with fake and have i registered the serial numbers listed by the App to my insurance and other places, the number might not match with that.

As mentioned above, only the last four digits will change, you can still use the former digits of the SN to register. I‘m sorry more info is not available at this moment.
2018-4-19
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Denmark

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-4-19 23:27
As mentioned above, only the last four digits will change, you can still use the former digits of the SN to register. I‘m sorry more info is not available at this moment.

Hi Susan

Regarding getting my faulty AC replacement sent back for rep again, how can it be handled most efficient, can the old case still be used as the issues never was solved?
Has been looking around in the support section for a while now and i am very unsure what way to select from there, i really would like to have this fixed now but without being without the drone again for more than a month.

Another little discovery in regard to the Aircraft Encoder Error, like posted above somewhere the Pano option was not available as long the error was present but i also have noticed the following three Sensor settings is unable to change until the error goes away, was thinking this could be used to locate a Air/Aircraft encoder error was present in case the message should be suppressed again for any reason.

Those settingscan not be turned on while a Aircraft encoder error is present.

Those settingscan not be turned on while a Aircraft encoder error is present.

When activated the top one get green, the two others will look like the one in the middle in this picture, within a few seconds they disable again until the Aircraft Error clears.
2018-5-4
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

KedDK Posted at 2018-5-4 01:57
Hi Susan

Regarding getting my faulty AC replacement sent back for rep again, how can it be handled most efficient, can the old case still be used as the issues never was solved?

KedDK, due the package has been shipped to you, the repair case will be closed automatically. I'm sorry you have to start a new case if the drone needs to be sent in.

Regarding the Aircraft Encoder Error, I'm not sure whether it is the misinformation or not, we indeed need the data for further analysis to avoid dragging on the road. We appreciate your feedback and time.
Also, we have no idea whether the warning message and sensor options are related or not as the issue doesn't reproduce at our end. We're glad to help you figure out this concern to avoid further troubles as long as the flight logs and issue video can be provided. Waiting for your response.
2018-5-10
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Denmark

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-5-10 01:53
KedDK, due the package has been shipped to you, the repair case will be closed automatically. I'm sorry you have to start a new case if the drone needs to be sent in.

Regarding the Aircraft Encoder Error, I'm not sure whether it is the misinformation or not, we indeed need the data for further analysis to avoid dragging on the road. We appreciate your feedback and time.

Thank you, all flight logs have been synced, i have a export from the AC of the first flights made after i received it back, i was unable to have them uploaded with Assistant 2, it keep complaining my phone number was wrong no matter what i tried to put in.

If you were able to retrieve the tombstones.zip i PM you about the other day, i can place the flight exports in the same place?

Last time it was done by the store i bought it at but apparently it has been so difficult that they suggested that i just get it shipped directly from myself. (The store is placed in the opposite of the country).
What is the best and fastest way to start a new case then, i can't figure it out?
Also what can be done to avoid it will take a month or more this time also?
2018-5-10
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

KedDK Posted at 2018-5-10 02:02
Thank you, all flight logs have been synced, i have a export from the AC of the first flights made after i received it back, i was unable to have them uploaded with Assistant 2, it keep complaining my phone number was wrong no matter what i tried to put in.

If you were able to retrieve the tombstones.zip i PM you about the other day, i can place the flight exports in the same place?

The fastest way to get a case number is filling the online repair request from here: https://repair.dji.com/repair/index

Please kindly tell us your case number once the unit shipped, I'll keep an eye on the status as well.
2018-5-11
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Denmark

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-5-11 01:11
The fastest way to get a case number is filling the online repair request from here: https://repair.dji.com/repair/index

Please kindly tell us your case number once the unit shipped, I'll keep an eye on the status as well.

Hi Susan

Can you please kick someone?
it left my hands Thursday last week and was received this Wednesday but still claim as "To be received".
I really would like to have this solved asap and be flying again before the 4th of July as this date, like a lot of Americans has some special meaning for me.

2018-6-15
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

KedDK Posted at 2018-6-15 02:15
Hi Susan

Can you please kick someone?

Well received, I'll push the right team and help you get an update soon.
2018-6-15
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Denmark

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-6-15 04:53

Thank you, just received a mail that status now has entered received.

A further finding in regards to the Aircraft Encoder Error was that until warmup and while the error was present the app on the builtin display was unable to enter the Album.
The screen would just hang circling with the below picture and then when error cleared the album show up. Just mentioned as this could be another indication of such error could be present.

2018-6-18
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

KedDK Posted at 2018-6-18 02:28
Thank you, just received a mail that status now has entered received.

A further finding in regards to the Aircraft Encoder Error was that until warmup and while the error was present the app on the builtin display was unable to enter the Album.

OK, I'll transfer this to the local team for a thoroughly diagnosis.
2018-6-20
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Denmark

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-6-15 04:53

Hi Susan

Are you able to reveal what is actually going on behind the scene in those repair cases?

In  some of the communication i have had with the support staff it sounded  like i again would receive a replacement but even then the status has  for several days been stuck on repair and i fear that i won't get any  equipment back timely even if it would be sent out today.

Is this  repair just a parking status or how? - if they would ship a replacement  it should not be stuck in repair or is it the replacement that is being  repaired, i am confused.
Also i wonder the Flight test and QA steps  following, what if they fail, would it then be pushed back in repair for  unknown time. Clearly the QA part has failed last time when my original  purchase was sent away.

I just really can't figure out how this is processed at the repair site.

2018-6-28
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Denmark

KedDK Posted at 2018-6-28 23:17
Hi Susan

Are you able to reveal what is actually going on behind the scene in those repair cases?

Just received this message:

"We checked the inventory in our storehouse and we are sorry to tell you that we are short of phantom 4 pro now."
I don't mind, i only need one ...

Fortunately, the materials are on their road. We cannot guarantee the date we will receive it, we predict we will receive it soon.
Once we receive the material, we will sent the case to you immediately.

I really have my doubt that i will be flying on the 4th of July even it left my hands the 7th of June unless the repair center and UPS work at weekends.

"Thank you for your patience and understanding."
???
2018-6-29
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

KedDK Posted at 2018-6-29 04:57
Just received this message:

"We checked the inventory in our storehouse and we are sorry to tell you that we are short of phantom 4 pro now."

Sorry about this. I'll check with the local team and see if there is anything we can help.
2018-7-1
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Denmark

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-7-1 00:34
Sorry about this. I'll check with the local team and see if there is anything we can help.

Thank you, but i am afraid that the race has run, had it been shipped out Friday it might have succeeded but i can't imagine it can be done now.
I must say i am unfamiliar with UPS, usually it is the postal services or GLS delivering here and both are very unreliable and often have failed delivery on time even i received both mails and SMS messages that a package would be delivered later.
I only can hope that UPS does miracles but still require they have something to deliver in the first place.

Also i have some doubts of the repair, when looking at the parts/quote list i have seen, i see nothing in there that would fix the Aircraft Encoder Error not the Battery/Battery Signal Error this replacement was haunted with. The strange gimbal behavior might be fixed as a result of the unfortunate condition it had but the other issues seem to be overlooked from my issue report.

The sad thing if i am without on Wednesday is that it would add to the bad reputation up here as the participant at a large get-together wonder and ask why it is not present as expected.

While i remember, a tombstones of 18-05-27 has been added at the same location the other was placed, not sure how much the developers would need, also i have encouraged some other users to make some available to you in different threads,so hopefully a fix can see the light within long.

Have a nice day.
2018-7-1
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Denmark

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-7-1 00:34

One thing i have been wondering, why will most of the repairs in Europe be sent to the Netherlands when there is both a DJI and two recommended repair centers in Germany?
Also i wonder why the DJI Center in Copenhagen is not listed on your page, as far i can see they do offer repair of DJI equipment?

I think something is broken on the repair center page, as soon i choose Denmark it gives the below error, not matter if i choose Authorized or Recommended service centers, it used to show a list on the right at least it should tell where the nearest one(s) is placed.
This error almost made my heart skip, did the place close while my Phantom was there?. Then i realized that apparently you recommend use of non-authorized repair centers (pick Germany)???

2018-7-1
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

KedDK Posted at 2018-7-1 07:33
One thing i have been wondering, why will most of the repairs in Europe be sent to the Netherlands when there is both a DJI and two recommended repair centers in Germany?
Also i wonder why the DJI Center in Copenhagen is not listed on your page, as far i can see they do offer repair of DJI equipment?

Double checked with the right team, the materials are estimated to arrive during this week if everything works well. The local team will take your case as the priority once the materials arrived. As for the shipping, I'm afraid that we cannot guarantee the schedule, sorry about this.

Regarding the recommended service centers, this page will appear if there is no recommended service center in the selected country/region. Whether the package will be shipped to Germany or Netherlands depends on your location and drone. We always recommend shipping the unit to official DJI service centers.
2018-7-2
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Denmark

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-7-2 01:45
Double checked with the right team, the materials are estimated to arrive during this week if everything works well. The local team will take your case as the priority once the materials arrived. As for the shipping, I'm afraid that we cannot guarantee the schedule, sorry about this.

Regarding the recommended service centers, this page will appear if there is no recommended service center in the selected country/region. Whether the package will be shipped to Germany or Netherlands depends on your location and drone. We always recommend shipping the unit to official DJI service centers.

Thank you.
But something is totally wrong, first of all why does it depend on materials to arrive if they're going to replace it. If they do repair it, how come that materials are not present?
If not before, then they knew the list back on the 18th, still i doubt the repair goes straight ahead, as i mentioned several of the issues would not be fixed by the parts listed.

It seem that i am going to be without the equipment for 3 months (2*1,5) within a year, that just is so wrong!
2018-7-2
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

KedDK Posted at 2018-7-2 02:41
Thank you.
But something is totally wrong, first of all why does it depend on materials to arrive if they're going to replace it. If they do repair it, how come that materials are not present?
If not before, then they knew the list back on the 18th, still i doubt the repair goes straight ahead, as i mentioned several of the issues would not be fixed by the parts listed.

I've checked your case again, the package has been shipped, please kindly check whether you have received the tracking number. It is already on the way, you will receive it soon.
2018-7-6
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Denmark

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-7-6 00:24
I've checked your case again, the package has been shipped, please kindly check whether you have received the tracking number. It is already on the way, you will receive it soon.

Yes thank you got a mail yesterday, it should arrive sometime during Monday.
Sad it was i didn't reach me till the 4th. as there were several persons present and could have made some interest in your products. As the AC has changed serial i believe it has been replaced so i suppose itcould have been done faster than this.
Thanks for your help and support.

Right now i am trying to figure out what has been done to the controller to fix the unstable clock in it, the RC has same serial in the shipping information, got a reply that i will be contacted directly so i'll look forward to that.

Do you btw. know if there is any news in regards to the unstable behavior of the +RC and App crashes, have the tombstones been given any clues to solve it?
2018-7-6
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

KedDK Posted at 2018-7-6 00:35
Yes thank you got a mail yesterday, it should arrive sometime during Monday.
Sad it was i didn't reach me till the 4th. as there were several persons present and could have made some interest in your products. As the AC has changed serial i believe it has been replaced so i suppose itcould have been done faster than this.
Thanks for your help and support.

I’m checking with our engineers to see if there is any update.
2018-7-7
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Denmark

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-7-7 01:48
I’m checking with our engineers to see if there is any update.

It is no good at all, what does it take to get something again that actually works without issues?

When unpacked, the foam protector was not in place put was just put in one of the small rooms in the transport box, don't think that has to do with the issues though. so far i have noticed:

Gimbal is acting strange,during power up if does the ususal up down moves but then make a small twitch to its left like it hits a invisible border. Then it goes slowly back to center and make some strange slowly up/down corrections and finish it's power up.

The aircraft itself is noisy as hell, some fan inside just above the gimbal make the cover vibrate, have been reading about this somewhere and can confirm that if the cover is touched below it dampen the vibrations but something is not right when it does like this. Fan out of balance, not mounted right?

The motors feel like they are not moving as light as they did on the previous ones, the two front propeller don't get a solid hold on the mount regardless of the position, moved to the rear there is no problem so it has to be the mounts in front. Tested also with brand new propellers, same outcome.

In flight it is extremely noisy, it act like it is over doing  something and correcting itself making some strange swinging movements, best compared with a coin when it begin to lay down after a spin on a table, in other words it hover very unstable.

Specially in hover it has some strange flapping sound i never had heard before, tried two set of props, one set brand new, no difference, could have to do with the above behavior,

Recordings are shaky, specially during yaw but also when moving sideways, even the gimbal correct position in small fast steps or it has to do with the strange behavior that show clearly during hover.

All in all it is very unsatisfactory to receive a replacement acting like this after yet a month waiting, what do i do?
Also how do i cancel a DJI care replace i bought? - no need to start a years subscription yet as things are not correct.
2018-7-10
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

KedDK Posted at 2018-7-10 23:26
It is no good at all, what does it take to get something again that actually works without issues?

When unpacked, the foam protector was not in place put was just put in one of the small rooms in the transport box, don't think that has to do with the issues though. so far i have noticed:

I understand how you feel, very sorry about it. Could you upload some sample videos of the issues you mentioned? We'd like to check the current status and see if there are better suggestions or solutions.
2018-7-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules