DJI-HANDWHEEL-2 DOES NOT WORK WITH OSMO PRO
3600 5 2018-4-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans58466fa7
New
Italy

Good evening, I have a problem: DJI-HANDWHEEL-2 DOES NOT WORK WITH OSMO PRO
On my whole Osmo X5 PRO system with the Wired Video Adapter now I can control the Osmo X5 PRO, without the WiFi connection, using a Samsung S7 Android, via the cable "Wired Video Adapter"  and the firmware version OSMO_FC550_FW_V01.04.00.70.bin.
Heartened by this result I was going to buy the DJI-HANDWHEEL-2 but given the first problems I was left in vision: in practice connected with the cable
DJI-OSMO PRO / RAW Adapter cable (0.2 m) via the "Wired Video Adapter" the DJI-HANDWHEEL-2 does NOT even switch on and on the application, even trying to change the various A-S-M Auto setups etc. nothing..
in practice:
>> DJI-HANDWHEEL-2 DOES NOT WORK WITH OSMO PRO!!!!
Going to look for news I have seen diecine of users in my same condition and not seen solutions indicated.
But I have seen that in some tutorials the DJI-HANDWHEEL, which is shown to work perfectly on the Osmo with X5, is completely different in both connectors and buttons and switches.
I need another firmware version? Which is the link to download it?
I can not believe it does not work because in this video it works but in your turorials you only show the Handwheel 1 and not the 2 .. why?

It works in Russia and not in Italy?
Thank you, I hope in your answer.
Thank you so much, best reagards
Maria Cristina

2018-4-13
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi Maria, you have already run the latest firmware, may I know if you have toggle the switch button in 'On'? How about connecting the Handwheel communication cable to the Osmo Pro directly? Will it work?
2018-4-16
Use props
fans58466fa7
New
Italy

Hi DJI Mindy,
obviously I turned On the Focus handwheel, both before the connection and after connecting it;   I tried also to connect directly the Handwheel communication cable to the Osmo Pro.. no way.. DJI-HANDWHEEL-2 does not work with OSMO PRO in any conditions!
I have seen that various other users have the same problem:
https://forum.dji.com/thread-106033-1-1.html
I really think you have to face the problem more seriously and not to ask me if I turned ON the switch..
Best reagards
Maria Cristina
2018-4-16
Use props
fans004de0dd
lvl.1
  • >>>
Guadeloupe

hi , do you find a solution ? same problem
2019-12-11
Use props
djiuser_1HvszAPFKkLy
lvl.1

United States

I have been dealing with this exact issue for a week now! I finally sourced one of the incredibly rare communication cables that connects the Focus Handwheel 2 to the Osmo pro with X5 camera. I have tried both with and without the wired video adapter. Updated all the firmware possible for the osmo, tried flipping the switch both before and after plugging in the wheel and turning on the osmo. I spent 2 hours talking to support and was simply told to buy another cable, when I literally just opened a brand new 6ft DJI branded communication cable (Part 66) See link:

https://excelrc.com/osmo-part-66-dji-focus-osmo-pro-raw-adaptor-cable-2m/

. I am very upset as I have waited months to be able to find this cable to utilize the EXTREMELY expensive focus wheel. After finally finding one, the focus wheel doesn't even turn on, or function in any way whatsoever. It's never been used, dropped, gotten wet, and still has the protective plastic on the back connection pins. Why is there is so little information pertaining to the Focus Handweel 2 on the internet? All the info I can find are cases similar to mine that have never been rectified.....Please can anyone solve this issue? I can't imagine everyone with the focus wheel 2 just gave up on the osmo completely..... @DJI Mindy

2020-8-19
Use props
DStealth
lvl.2
Flight distance : 26568 ft
United Kingdom

djiuser_1HvszAPFKkLy Posted at 2020-8-19 09:45
I have been dealing with this exact issue for a week now! I finally sourced one of the incredibly rare communication cables that connects the Focus Handwheel 2 to the Osmo pro with X5 camera. I have tried both with and without the wired video adapter. Updated all the firmware possible for the osmo, tried flipping the switch both before and after plugging in the wheel and turning on the osmo. I spent 2 hours talking to support and was simply told to buy another cable, when I literally just opened a brand new 6ft DJI branded communication cable (Part 66) See link:

https://excelrc.com/osmo-part-66-dji-focus-osmo-pro-raw-adaptor-cable-2m/

Happening to me currently! Spent a ridiculous amount of money  and time trying to find this cable...for it not to function!!! I'm using The Osmo Raw and the Handwheel 2.  The cable is brand new and was sealed and in its original packaging . I see no one has even bothered to reply to you. This is disgusting and surely it can't be legal to sell a product that has these issues!!

I feel like an idiot buying into the DJI ecosystem for all these years when all they do is treat their customers with nothing but contempt
2022-2-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules