691 16 2018-4-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
smirnoff9969
Second Officer
Flight distance : 582776 ft
Croatia

Hello, it`s me again,

what type or SD card brands camera support?
I have 32 GB Samsung Evo witch works fine (can be formated and rec. on) , but other 2 (sony 16 GB and Kingston 16GB) can not be formated and they are not acceptable!! Why?

another thing, today while I was changin settings for camera, I noticed it gets real hot (body and lens)! is that normal?

2018-4-13
Use props
Pilot H
lvl.3
Flight distance : 209764 ft
United States

Well I can answer one of your questions, Does the camera normally get hot (body and lens) yes, this is perfectly normal. Infact, DJI often advises using  small fan pointed at the camera while using the flight simulator to keep the camera cool, (when you're flying the air will keep it perfectly cool). Some people use laptop cooling pads to keep it cool for the simulator, personal choice. As for the SD cards, I'm not entirely sure, if I can track it down again I know a site that lists supported SD cards. I'll send you the link if I find it
2018-4-13
Use props
Pilot H
lvl.3
United States

Well I can answer one of your questions, Does the camera normally get hot (body and lens) yes, this is perfectly normal. Infact, DJI often advises using a  small fan pointed at the camera while using the flight simulator to keep the camera cool, (when you're flying, the air will keep it perfectly cool). Some people use laptop cooling pads to keep it cool for the simulator, personal choice. As for the SD cards, I'm not entirely sure, if I can track it down again, I know a site that lists supported SD cards. I'll send you the link if I find it.
Have a good one, hope you figure out your SD Card issue.

Only the prettiest of flights and calmest of weather to you.

Good luck, Pilot H.

2018-4-13
Use props
smirnoff9969
Second Officer
Croatia

great, thanx!!
I didn`t check warmth of the camera last weekend while I was testing Phantom in the air, but today it gets me worried!

while you search for list of supported CD card, fell free to  watch my first footage! I cut out booring scenes and quick edit with Filmora!

2018-4-13
Use props
Nebuchadnezzar
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 3462946 ft
  • >>>
Spain

i think temperature /warm is normal ...
2018-4-13
Use props
Pilot H
lvl.3
United States

smirnoff9969 Posted at 2018-4-13 09:23
great, thanx!!
I didn`t check warmth of the camera last weekend while I was testing Phantom in the air, but today it gets me worried!

Footage looked very great for a first go! I would offer editing tips, but I'm still learning myself, drone flight looked pretty good. I will say you seem to be a good pilot. Did you land it manually or auto land? Landing looked pretty good too, I'd slow down a touch more and let the  air "cushion" take effect, (which is most likely what you were doing). The air will handle camera heat in air, no reason to check it or worry, just enjoy the flight.

Looks really good, enjoy the hobby!

Pilot H
2018-4-13
Use props
smirnoff9969
Second Officer
Croatia

thanks for comfortin words for the camera...

I did automatic take-off and landing.  But visibility on my HTC phone sucks!!  without sun shade phone/camera navigation is useless! looking at the dron all the timeis pointless also...you can see me turnig to get some shade on my phone

it was a bit windy, but it didn`t seem to bother the drone!
2018-4-13
Use props
ghutch
Second Officer
Flight distance : 187375 ft
United States

I don't think you can go wrong with SanDisk cards.  I've used them for years on all kinds of gear and never had a problem.  They work great in my drone too...
2018-4-13
Use props
smirnoff9969
Second Officer
Croatia

I just made a test write/read of all my micro SD, and they all have write below 20 mb/s...aldo on the plastic is marked 80 mb/s ...
still, samsung is accepted (20 mb/s write) but kinsgson/sony isn`t  (9-15 mb/s)
2018-4-13
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

smirnoff9969 Posted at 2018-4-13 10:26
I just made a test write/read of all my micro SD, and they all have write below 20 mb/s...aldo on the plastic is marked 80 mb/s ...
still, samsung is accepted (20 mb/s write) but kinsgson/sony isn`t  (9-15 mb/s)

As the member ghutch says, Sandisk cards are the preferreed ones. Go for cards in the Extreme Pro series and you will not have a problem.
2018-4-13
Use props
Peterx
First Officer
Flight distance : 1499708 ft

The slowest card should be 40 or 50 MB/s or more. The cam of the P3S writes with max 40 MB/s on to the card in full 2k7 resolution,as i know.
2018-4-14
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

Peterx Posted at 2018-4-14 06:15
The slowest card should be 40 or 50 MB/s or more. The cam of the P3S writes with max 40 MB/s on to the card in full 2k7 resolution,as i know.

I am afraid you have been confused of the terms, even the P4P recording in 4K would do with 15MB/s if it was not for the proxy files.
The 40 number on the P3S is in a unit of Mbps also known as Mbit/s and equals aprox 5 MB/s (MegaByte/s).
We all fall into this from time to time.
2018-4-14
Use props
smirnoff9969
Second Officer
Croatia

since Phantom 3 S don`t record in 4K, I`m still confused why sony and kingsotn class 10 are rejected by the camera... my action cam SJ 6Legend accept both of them without any problems...
2018-4-14
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

smirnoff9969 Posted at 2018-4-14 09:12
since Phantom 3 S don`t record in 4K, I`m still confused why sony and kingsotn class 10 are rejected by the camera... my action cam SJ 6Legend accept both of them without any problems...

Lexar and Kingston cards have always been dodgy in the DJI cameras.
2018-4-14
Use props
Peterx
First Officer

KedDK Posted at 2018-4-14 07:01
I am afraid you have been confused of the terms, even the P4P recording in 4K would do with 15MB/s if it was not for the proxy files.
The 40 number on the P3S is in a unit of Mbps also known as Mbit/s and equals aprox 5 MB/s (MegaByte/s).
We all fall into this from time to time.

look into the specs data of the P3S Cam
2018-4-15
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

Peterx Posted at 2018-4-15 11:08
look into the specs data of the P3S Cam

I already did, it say: Max Video Bitrate        40 Mbps that equal around 5 MB/s as i wrote.

Where it get confusing and often misunderstood is the difference in lower- and uppercase letters, b = bit, B = Byte that today would, if not stated otherwise be 8 bit.
Streams usual list as bits per second but specs of card use Bytes per second.
2018-4-15
Use props
Peterx
First Officer

Class 10 or U1 should be enough on the cards for the copters cam on P3S.
2018-4-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules