532 8 2018-4-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
perus
lvl.2
Flight distance : 173133 ft
Sweden

Hi!

I've got myself a new Spark last week and today I bought an extra spare battery from the same reseller here in Sweden (Elgiganten) but there's a problem, the new battery won't lock on to the AC no matter the force I use - afraid of trying too hard because it shouldn't be this way.

Everything is brand new.

I've attached a photo where the battery to the right is the one included with the AC  and the battery to the left the new extra battery.
The locks looks the same to me, for the naked eye anyway.

Spark batteries

Spark batteries

Could this issue be caused by this particular battery or is it the AC itself which doesn't have enough of "margin" for this battery?

Kind regards,
Per

2018-4-13
Use props
idbl_fanatic
lvl.4
Flight distance : 509741 ft
United States

What happens when you pull the tabs that you would normally pull to take it out?
2018-4-13
Use props
perus
lvl.2
Sweden

idbl_fanatic Posted at 2018-4-13 13:30
What happens when you pull the tabs that you would normally pull to take it out?

The same thing as for the working battery, the locks go all the way down;

Before

Before

After

After

What worries me is that with the working battery is the considerable force needed to make it lock feels a bit "too much" to be ok.
It's like something prevents the battery to go all the way into the battery slot.
As I don't have any other Spark to compare with this makes me wonder what to do..?

/Per

2018-4-13
Use props
idbl_fanatic
lvl.4
United States

If you pull the tabs while you are trying to put it in, will it go in?
2018-4-13
Use props
perus
lvl.2
Sweden

Yes but not enough to make it lock..
2018-4-13
Use props
idbl_fanatic
lvl.4
United States

Man, Sorry I have no idea, hopefully someone has an idea, or you could take it back.
2018-4-13
Use props
djiuser_RojfSW97etD9
lvl.4
Flight distance : 24259 ft
Australia

Hi.
In the photo of the new battery it looks like there are some scuff marks below the power connector & on the right 'tab/hook' beside the power connector?
If that's the case, obviously it's too tight somewhere.  
Return it - not worth the risk of the battery falling out. I think the warranty is 6 months on batteries.

Good luck.
2018-4-13
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

perus Posted at 2018-4-13 13:49
The same thing as for the working battery, the locks go all the way down;[view_image][view_image]
What worries me is that with the working battery is the considerable force needed to make it lock feels a bit "too much" to be ok.
It's like something prevents the battery to go all the way into the battery slot.

Hi perus, I'm sorry to hear about the issue that you are experiencing. For the flight safety purpose, please contact your reseller to help you check it or try to mount the battery on another drone to check if it works. If there is any further issue, please feel free to let us know, we'll here for help.
2018-4-14
Use props
perus
lvl.2
Sweden

Thanks everyone for your responses concerning this matter. I ended up with a replacement battery from a newer batch (2018.1) which works perfect and have larger locks as well.
As a side note, it's a shame that no official recall was made for the clearly faulty/dangerous older design.

Regards,
Per
2018-4-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules