Flight Check List(s) for IOS devices
6718 58 2015-5-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dbeck
lvl.4

United States

well it did work for me..then not  Would not load  Even tried reinstalling and would not let me. Anyone else have this issue?  On another board many did
2015-5-10
Use props
dbeck
lvl.4

United States

Well, finally, five trys later with a different link, its back on both devises
2015-5-10
Use props
kzrock1141
New

United States

dundee Posted at 2015-5-9 01:32
Both DJI-Pilot and Reminders are running at the same time on my device (Ipad Air).
No issues togglin ...

Would it be possible for DJI to incorporate a customizable Pre Flight Check List in the Pilot App?
One that would pop up prior to being able to take off.  Prevent Bird from take off until you check all the boxes.
Option to enable/disable this feature if you so choose.
Am I asking too much?

2015-5-10
Use props
dundee
First Officer
Flight distance : 33550 ft

Thailand

dbeck@promobox. Posted at 2015-5-11 05:17
Well, finally, five trys later with a different link, its back on both devises

Nice to hear it works again, back to the topic now
2015-5-10
Use props
nscheffer
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2078563 ft
France

I think the most important check list is to be focus for each flight, before and during the flight.
That will avoid mistake and error. Did around 70 flights outdoor with no problem at all and one flight indoor with a crash !
2015-5-11
Use props
dundee
First Officer

Thailand

nscheffer Posted at 2015-5-11 19:42
I think the most important check list is to be focus for each flight, before and during the flight.

If you can accept that it's human to make mistakes, then my advise is to use a flight check list.
2015-5-11
Use props
nscheffer
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2078563 ft
France

Agree and you will keep your Inspire 1 a long time...
2015-5-11
Use props
KnightOwl
lvl.3

United States

Kvamen@getmail. Posted at 2015-5-9 23:33
looks good, but im using app "dronelogbook", Great app for managing info on my inspire .

I was looking at DroneLogBook but their website page lacks detail on its real capabilities.  Would you mind answering the following couple of ?? ....Can you export your flight log data from your phone? Are there any Pre & Post flight checklists?  If so, are you able to create these from scratch or import them?
2015-5-11
Use props
michaelanthony.
lvl.2

United States

I used an app called Form Connect to create a checklist I use whenever I fly.
But using the Reminder app may be much simpler for sure! I just wanted to have a detailed record for documentations sake. Especially as I want to build a case for future FAA Exemptions. Even though right now its on a case by case basis, I'm hoping one day they'll grant a license for commercial drone use.

Flight Record Book (Aliso Beach - Laguna).pdf

92.72 KB, Down times: 30

2015-5-11
Use props
Kvamen
lvl.2

Norway

KnightOwl Posted at 2015-5-12 00:30
I was looking at DroneLogBook but their website page lacks detail on its real capabilities.  Would ...

Don't think you can export fight log, but you can print log (total, or date from/to).  Yes there  is edtiable pre-fight chcklist.  Btw developer seems  to like input on how to improve the app
2015-5-12
Use props
Kvamen
lvl.2

Norway

michaelanthony. Posted at 2015-5-12 03:50
But using the Reminder ...

Nice form, but looks more like A report than chcklist, maybe it should be A bit simpler
2015-5-12
Use props
Kvamen
lvl.2

Norway

michaelanthony. Posted at 2015-5-12 03:50
But using the Reminder ...

Nice form, but looks more like A report than chcklist, maybe it should be A bit simpler
2015-5-12
Use props
michaelanthony.
lvl.2

United States

Kvamen@getmail. Posted at 2015-5-13 03:10

True - it definitely pulls double duty for me. The first page started as a check list and then the whole thing just kept growing from there.
2015-5-12
Use props
Dangair
lvl.4

Canada

Curious about the order on the check list? Does it make sense to power up the aircraft before the RC? Not saying it's wrong just that I would rather have control established first. Sorry if I'm outa line here.
2015-5-22
Use props
dundee
First Officer

Thailand

Dangair Posted at 2015-5-23 14:26
Curious about the order on the check list? Does it make sense to power up the aircraft before the RC ...

RC first, to avoid parasites taking over the craft.
There could be the risk that propellers start turning if RC not turned on first.
2015-5-22
Use props
keithh
lvl.3
Flight distance : 22395 ft
United States

dundee Posted at 2015-5-23 14:42
RC first, to avoid parasites taking over the craft.
There could be the risk that propellers start  ...

Dundee,
  The iTools3 you mentioned you use to load apps to iPad. Is that a windows based app?
That's all can find on a search. I'm using a Mac and assumed you were also  from your posts.
2015-6-13
Use props
dundee
First Officer

Thailand

keithh Posted at 2015-6-13 21:08
Dundee,
  The iTools3 you mentioned you use to load apps to iPad. Is that a windows based app?
Tha ...

Yes, Itools3 for windows only
2015-6-13
Use props
keithh
lvl.3
Flight distance : 22395 ft
United States

Ok, thanks for the quick response!
2015-6-13
Use props
Advanced