Mavic air was crashed. It flew into the glass by himself.
2403 51 2018-4-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Nesquikm
lvl.3
Flight distance : 713547 ft
Russia

Mavic Air is very (!) stable when flying indoors. It must be that it uses accelerometers and gyroscopes (mems gyro and magnetic compass) for the inertial position calculations (plus vision). Therefore, a spontaneous error in the calculation of its own position using a GPS of several meters can easily be filtered out. Maybe enough talks about the number of satellites?

In any case, tomorrow I will get a new MA and, possibly, I will make several experiments in safer conditions with sheet of glass and mirrors.

The main thing is not to kill the second, otherwise my son will not forgive me
2018-4-15
Use props
AG0N-Gary
First Officer
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

One factor that hasn't been brought out is the buildings.  Besides the air currents already mentioned, the GPS signals bounce all over the place when between tall buildings.  Same goes for any other close quarters canyons.
2018-4-15
Use props
Bob Brown
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4209662 ft
  • >>>
United States

Sorry you crashed.

It almost looks as if you pushed forward on the stick and relied on the vision sensors to stop it from impact. If the AC/RC was in sport mode then those sensors are disabled.

Thanks for sharing!
2018-4-15
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

I am so sorry for the accident, Nesquikm. Please kindly send the drone in for repair. You can contact our support or your dealer for further help. Here’s the link to contact us: http://www.dji.com/support
2018-4-15
Use props
Nesquikm
lvl.3
Russia

The local store says that the drone will be sent to a service center in Moscow, where they will decide whether this is a warranty case, but even the diagnostics will be paid. I doubt that they recognize this as a warranty case. Why do I need this?
I have no reason to send it for repairs until I am sure that he will be free, as it received serious damage. Today I will receive a new Mavic, and old one will be left as spare parts, since DJI Care Refresh still does not work in Russia (or I'm wrong?).
2018-4-16
Use props
Datadogie
lvl.4
Flight distance : 27028 ft

Nesquikm Where were you when operating. In the flat or stood on the ground?
2018-4-16
Use props
Nesquikm
lvl.3
Russia

On the ground.
2018-4-16
Use props
Vidjcb
First Officer
Flight distance : 13649508 ft
  • >>>
United States

JJBspark Posted at 2018-4-14 10:37
HI Nesquikm,

At the end of your flight your drone had a motor obstucted, see the high variations in pitch! Guess that made your drone out of control.

You seem to be such a personality for forensic analysis. Just a humble question: Can I use the same app? If so, what would be a good starting point to learn about it? Thanks
2018-4-16
Use props
JJBspark
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12260774 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Vidjcb Posted at 2018-4-16 08:54
You seem to be such a personality for forensic analysis. Just a humble question: Can I use the same app? If so, what would be a good starting point to learn about it? Thanks

Hi Vidjcb,

Thanks, but there a other people on this forum  who knows lot more....

When i finish my own analysis program for Windowsi will share it on here.

Cheers
JJB
2018-4-16
Use props
Nesquikm
lvl.3
Russia

JJBspark Posted at 2018-4-16 08:57
Hi Vidjcb,

Thanks, but there a other people on this forum  who knows lot more....

For Windows O_o. Why don't you want to make it cross-platform and open source? Maybe I would even participate in the project
2018-4-16
Use props
Vidjcb
First Officer
Flight distance : 13649508 ft
  • >>>
United States

JJBspark Posted at 2018-4-16 08:57
Hi Vidjcb,

Thanks, but there a other people on this forum  who knows lot more....

Indeed. That's the beauty of the forum. Also many people is so patient replying the same question over and over. I really like that too!
2018-4-16
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

Is there any sub menu or hidden menu with GO 4 app that shows each Satellites individual signal strength?  Along with accuracy of position?

On my handheld GPS, a menu shows a bar graph of GPS signals.  Each bar represents a GPS satellite, and height of bar shows GPS signal strength from that satellite.  Same menu has accuracy of calculated GPS position.
2018-4-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules