Brand New Mavic Pro Won't Take-Off
53610 19 2018-4-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Thomas Slayton
New

Updated firmware, all batteries charged. First flight resulted in aircraft tilting to forward port (right) on takeoff, resulting in an immediate shutdown. Rotors removed, inspected, and reinstalled. same thing: forward right rotor makes contact with the ground during auto-takeoff every time.
2018-4-14
Use props
QuadKid
Second Officer
Flight distance : 482349 ft
United States

What about at idle, can you visually see any difference in RPM, motor dragging ect..., double check make sure nothing is obstructing the motor from spinning. If none of this is evident you may have a bad ESC or motor.
2018-4-14
Use props
ghostrdr
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1272723 ft
Malaysia

Th

Brand new $1000 toy that doesn't work out of the box. Pack it up, take it back and exchange for one that works. This is assuming you didn't fly it into something... they will be able to tell!
2018-4-14
Use props
RBMTS
lvl.4
Flight distance : 169718 ft

Are you doing an auto-takeoff or manual via the joysticks?   Try a joystick calibration to see if maybe you have a problem with the RC.  It could be that one of them is under or over compensating causing the problem.   
2018-4-14
Use props
Celsus
lvl.4
Flight distance : 196594 ft
United Kingdom

QuadKid Posted at 2018-4-14 11:22
What about at idle, can you visually see any difference in RPM, motor dragging ect..., double check make sure nothing is obstructing the motor from spinning. If none of this is evident you may have a bad ESC or motor.

I think the problem is along the lines you have mentioned. i say return before you break  it!
2018-4-14
Use props
Picanoc Jack
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10318117 ft
Canada

Celsus Posted at 2018-4-14 12:25
I think the problem is along the lines you have mentioned. i say return before you break  it!

I would return it right away! Pack it up and tell DJI to send you a new one and at first and fast shipping method.
2018-4-14
Use props
Thomas Slayton
New

I'm using auto-launch  (or whatever it's called), and not sure how to make it idle in that mode so I can't look at relative prop speeds. I understand that I should probably return it (and that if I've crashed it, it's my problem). I was just hoping that it was something easy like calibrating prop speeds or something. I have a friend who owns one and he was here for the inaugural run. I thought it was user error until I saw his puzzled expression, followed by his certainty that I need to return it.

Darn...
2018-4-14
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Are you in beginner mode? If so, the drone will not take off until a home point has been set on the map in that mode.
2018-4-14
Use props
Ubisububi
New

Is it normal for one of the props to strike the ground? I haven’t set a home point but it seems odd that this is happening.
2018-4-14
Use props
QuadKid
Second Officer
United States

You can start the motors using a CSC command, Hold both sticks down and to the center, this will start the motors without taking off, same to shut them down. Once idling push the left control stick forward ever so slightly, this will increase rpm, if it lifts off normally then you have an issue with auto takeoff in the app. I never use Auto Take off, good practice to start the drone using CSC and let it warm up for a minute or untill you have the Homepoint updated.

BTW, you never want to use this command while flying, only for starting and shut down after landing, it is used for emergency shut down while flying should the need arise.
2018-4-14
Use props
QuadKid
Second Officer
United States

Ubisububi Posted at 2018-4-14 13:49
Is it normal for one of the props to strike the ground? I haven’t set a home point but it seems odd that this is happening.

Home Point will be recorded automatically once you have enough satellites locked in. Make sure you read the manual, then read it again. These are not off the shelf Whoops, but flying computers.
2018-4-14
Use props
Ubisububi
New

Sorry, moving the sticks like that did not start the props. Home point is recorded. Every takeoff results in it heeling forward and to the right followed by a "takeoff error, check compass and IMU." I tapped my way through the settings but found nothing called an IMU or anything like that. Yes, I read the ridiculously brief manual. If these are flying computers, they don't come with very detailed instructions. At first I thought: "Hey, good! Lots to read in this tiny fat booklet." then I noticed that only a fraction of the pages are in English. I guess the disconnect here is that it's just not supposed to crash itself. As much as I'm ready to blame myself for a newbie error, literally all I'm doing is activating the auto-takeoff.
Hopefully when they process the return, they'll see that my total of 6 seconds of flight time makes it unlikely that I did anything wrong on my end.
2018-4-14
Use props
QuadKid
Second Officer
United States

Ubisububi Posted at 2018-4-14 14:07
Sorry, moving the sticks like that did not start the props. Home point is recorded. Every takeoff results in it heeling forward and to the right followed by a "takeoff error, check compass and IMU." I tapped my way through the settings but found nothing called an IMU or anything like that. Yes, I read the ridiculously brief manual. If these are flying computers, they don't come with very detailed instructions. At first I thought: "Hey, good! Lots to read in this tiny fat booklet." then I noticed that only a fraction of the pages are in English. I guess the disconnect here is that it's just not supposed to crash itself. As much as I'm ready to blame myself for a newbie error, literally all I'm doing is activating the auto-takeoff.
Hopefully when they process the return, they'll see that my total of 6 seconds of flight time makes it unlikely that I did anything wrong on my end.

The Users manual is located here Version 2.0/1.6, you can view it and d/load it as a PDF. It comes in different languages.

https://www.dji.com/mavic/info#downloads
2018-4-14
Use props
QuadKid
Second Officer
United States

You have to hold them in that position until the motors start up, then let them go to center position and it should idle.
2018-4-14
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>

Can you post a video here.
2018-4-14
Use props
lannes
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

You should try a IMU and Compass calibration as you are getting a error message relating to these

2018-4-14
Use props
G_Sig
Second Officer
Flight distance : 9109311 ft
Iceland

Ubisububi Posted at 2018-4-14 14:07

So you have not calibrated IMU. If it's off this can happen, have seen this on P3 Standard.The drone has to stand on level spot when you do the calobration.
2018-4-14
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi Thomas, I'm sorry to hear about the issue that you are experiencing. May I know that have you solved the issue or not? Please feel free to let us know the update, thanks!
2018-4-14
Use props
Tealk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 479613 ft
Romania

100% need to calibrate IMU .. check post 16# and calibrate IMU
2018-4-14
Use props
msinger
First Officer
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

Is this a brand new Mavic Pro? Are you using OEM DJI props?
2018-4-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules