Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
How to get cached movies out of the iPhone
19717 15 2015-5-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
nikolaus.knabl
lvl.2

Germany

Hi!

Did anyone so far manage to extract the cached mp4 files from the iPhone?
I have a jailbroken device, located the files with iExplorer and I can see that they are there.
However I can't manage to open or copy them.

Any hints?  
cheers and happy flying

2015-5-8
Use props
nikolaus.knabl
lvl.2

Germany

no ideas?
2015-5-8
Use props
vmp
lvl.3

United States

You can do it even if your phone isn't jailbroken. Just plug it into iTunes and find the DJI Pilot app that is on your phone. You will see a folder in it called "videoCache". Copy the folder to you desktop or wherever you want it. The videos will be inside.
2015-5-9
Use props
nikolaus.knabl
lvl.2

Germany

Thank you!!!!
2015-5-9
Use props
tchavalas
lvl.4

United States

Just use iTunes.
2015-5-9
Use props
FantomDK
lvl.4

Denmark

Just remember they are no way comparable to the quality of the videos recorded by the camera onto the microSD card.
2015-5-9
Use props
achandab
lvl.2
Flight distance : 89554 ft
Australia

FantomDK Posted at 2015-5-10 08:08
Just remember they are no way comparable to the quality of the videos recorded by the camera onto th ...

Thanks for that. So the best quality is to copy straight of the sd card then!
2015-5-9
Use props
zoti
lvl.3
Flight distance : 101526 ft
United States

What's the actual locations of the files in ios? I want to copy the, on the phone itself.
2015-5-10
Use props
zoti
lvl.3
United States

After a lot of digging in iFile I have managed to finally track the folder where the video files reside.

/var/mobile/Containers/Data/Application/1C7972BE9-2B39-4533-A190-FA393A143E4E/Documents/videoCache

Your 1C79... Folder might vary.  But that's where they are and if you have iFile you can save them to camera roll from there.
2015-5-10
Use props
zoti
lvl.3
United States

I'm on 8.2 with iFile.
2015-5-10
Use props
nikolaus.knabl
lvl.2

Germany

zoti Posted at 2015-5-11 15:48
I'm on 8.2 with iFile.

you don't need any additional software.
Just connect the iPhone to iTunes and locate the app.
Inside you will find the video cache folder. Copy the whole folder to your local disc.
2015-5-11
Use props
zoti
lvl.3
United States

I don't want to copy it to the PC. I want to copy it to the iPhones photo app so I can edit it on the iPhone itself.
2015-5-11
Use props
FantomDK
lvl.4

Denmark

zoti Posted at 2015-5-11 22:39
I don't want to copy it to the PC. I want to copy it to the iPhones photo app so I can edit it on th ...

It would be handy to be able to access the files on the phone. But I don't think you can, outside the DJI Director! In there I believe thats what you use (it might then use the fill resolution files to create the final video and upload to YouTube?) The Director is very convoluted and non-userfriendly.

However, I don't see why you would want to edit those low-quality 720P cached videos - recorded from the Lightbridge transmission. The videos saved on the microSD will be way superior.

If you insist on editing on your iPhone (I'm not sure if you can if you make 4K files) you could sync the videos back to your Camera roll (perhaps?) or your "Videos" (iTunes).

You're really a lot better off editing video on the computer. But if you want to do something on the iPhone, take a look at the Director-part of the Pilot App. How it works is as clear as mud though
2015-5-11
Use props
zoti
lvl.3
United States

I wanted the live video because the original video on the SD card got corrupted. I just wanted to view the files and play with them.

Also, I edit all my videos on the iPhone and iPad using Pinnacle studio. It's the best editing app out there. I don't edit on the PC anymore as my edits are usually just cuts and titles. Nothing complicated.
2015-5-11
Use props
rbmv
New
Flight distance : 96706 ft
Spain

vmp Posted at 2015-5-9 19:11
You can do it even if your phone isn't jailbroken. Just plug it into iTunes and find the DJI Pilot a ...

THANK YOU!!  I crashed my P3 into the mast of a sailboat while recording MY boat and lost it and all of its video (I thought) to the ocean floor.  Now at least I have recovered the great videos I had shot at sea!  Much appreciated.
2015-6-27
Use props
Elsmeghead
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3421503 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Just made a tutorial video that works for me.
2017-7-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules