Who here has actually read the full Mavic Air Manual?
12Next >
2422 47 2018-4-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
cspain
Second Officer
Flight distance : 662644 ft
United States

Wondering who has read the manual here:

https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... 20Manual%20v1.2.pdf

Many posts and questions seem to indicate a very low rate.
Single SelectVote, Total 88 people participate in voting

Voting has ended

11.36% (10)
2.27% (2)
6.82% (6)
67.05% (59)
12.50% (11)
Your user group with no voting privileges
2018-4-14
Use props
mickongen
First Officer
Flight distance : 1349816 ft
Denmark

Read some but not all, but have use youtube a lot before first flight. a good place to visit before first flight.
2018-4-14
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

It is recommended to read the user manual more than once before the first flight, thanks!
2018-4-14
Use props
kollmann
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3136 ft
Indonesia

I read almost the full manual and saw some of the tut videos on YouTube.

For a better understanding of my first drone and how it works I would think it was absolutely necessary.
2018-4-14
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft

Reading it once is not sufficient and from time to time there are updates too. For Mavic Air a new version was released on 5 March.
2018-4-14
Use props
Karolina
lvl.2
Flight distance : 106299 ft

Funny thing is that much of important information is actually missing in the full manual...
2018-4-14
Use props
kovat53
Second Officer
Flight distance : 324521 ft
Hungary

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-4-14 23:22
Reading it once is not sufficient and from time to time there are updates too. For Mavic Air a new version was released on 5 March.

I red and read as necessary.
2018-4-15
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 14177772 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I always read the manuals and watch the tutorials
2018-4-15
Use props
The Bash's
lvl.4

United States

I always read the manual at least once, that way I have a brief overview of things.  Then it is on to YouTube lol
2018-4-15
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

I read it 100% even tough I don't have one
2018-4-15
Use props
QuadKid
First Officer
Flight distance : 482349 ft
United States

Read it all for each one of my drones and refer to them as needed, also have 100's of U-tube videos on my HD for reference from camera settings, to feature, mode, fixes & reviews. Also have forum snapshots for resolutions to problems.
2018-4-15
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Montfrooij Posted at 2018-4-15 03:03
I read it 100% even tough I don't have one

Classic    
2018-4-15
Use props
GoldenSun
First Officer
Flight distance : 681903 ft
Poland

Montfrooij Posted at 2018-4-15 03:03
I read it 100% even tough I don't have one

"Just in case"
2018-4-15
Use props
sky6105
Second Officer
Flight distance : 345653 ft

I have on those bad weather days.
2018-4-15
Use props
Kevjones1959
lvl.4
Flight distance : 61932 ft

South Africa

Twice at least
2018-4-15
Use props
Datadogie
lvl.4
Flight distance : 27028 ft

WHAT there's a manual!!!
I've been reading and learning from posts here. Mainly headed "Lost my drone."
Sorry to say. But what a bunch of idiots.
2018-4-15
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 10017858 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

You should put question in for those who have read it and continue to refer to it, this is the best method of using the manual.
2018-4-15
Use props
djiuser_qOD7GfWq71v8
lvl.1

New Zealand

Nahh read the manuals provided in the box only which were brief.
Watched a few YouTube unboxing reviews found them very informative.
Gave me a few tips prior to flying **
2018-4-15
Use props
BaRoN30s
lvl.1
Flight distance : 523363 ft
United Kingdom

I read it before flying mine and to be honest its not the best manual,  ive found out more by watching youtube clips on setup..
2018-4-15
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Something like that.
Or more to get to know the Air
2018-4-15
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

That's just me ;)
2018-4-15
Use props
GoldenSun
First Officer
Poland

Trust me you're not alone
2018-4-15
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

Real men don't have / use manuals.  
They set sail across the Atlantic, and write manuals for others.
2018-4-15
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

Datadogie Posted at 2018-4-15 06:40
WHAT there's a manual!!!
Sorry to say. But what a bunch of idiots.

That is not at all a bad idea.  You can learn from others mistakes that are not covered in a manual.
Not that a small drone would actually kill you.  But a small drone's Prop could blind you, or slice a finger during hand-catch.

Before I ever drove my CTL for brush and tree clean-up, I researched accidents and mistakes.
One incident stood out.  One end of tree wedging against an object, bending like a bow, and other end finally punching through grapled brush to impale the driver.
2018-4-15
Use props
WebParrot
First Officer
Flight distance : 23625 ft
  • >>>
United States

There's one manual that should be supplied in "hard copy" with every quadcopter....

It should be titled, "How to crash your new _____"  and include a URL to this Forum.
It would include all of the documented behaviors that have led to the loooooong forum posts here.

Number 1 would be.... Before flying indoors, turn on obsticle avoidance and set RTH to 30 metres.
Number 2 would be.... Turn on RTH, then launch from under that big oak tree in your front yard.  Run the battery to 10% and watch RTH land your aircraft in that big oak tree in your front yard'
Number 3 ..... Bueller..... Bueller ?
2018-4-15
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I think there are others too
2018-4-15
Use props
Brad Bilger
Second Officer
Flight distance : 14843274 ft

Why single out just the Mavic Air?  I see just as many posts here from MP owners as I see from MA owners.  I am a techno bug.  I read the manual front to back.  Several times BEFORE I bought my MP.  I researched the videos to make sure that I understood the bird.  I have copies saved on my computer.  I have copies saved on my phone so that if I need it in the field, I got it there.  Why?  Because I spend a TON of money on this craft and I am NOT going to crash it, or lose it, or do any damage to it BECAUSE I DIDN'T READ THE MANUAL!  
Those of you out there that DON'T read the manual, you obviously have more money than I do.  I want to protect my investment.  This poll says MA owners, but to me, this applies to ANYTHING that cost money.  The comment was made that "Real men don't have / use manuals.  They set sail across the Atlantic, and write manuals for others.."  Yeah, but a lot of men DIED trying to make it across before the first one did.  I retired from a business that was dangerous.   And we didn't send anyone in until they knew what to do in an emergency.  Until that information was drilled into their heads over and over.  Until they knew what to do all the time.  Sorry, but that was the way that I was raised.  
2018-4-15
Use props
Landbo
Second Officer
Flight distance : 502792 ft
Denmark

I have not read that manual. On the other hand, I have no Mavic Air either.  

Fly safely, greeting Leif.
2018-4-15
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

A CW Posted at 2018-4-15 11:02
I think there are others too

There must be
2018-4-15
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

GoldenSun Posted at 2018-4-15 10:23
Trust me you're not alone

Guess so   
2018-4-15
Use props
SparksBird
First Officer
Flight distance : 10731690 ft
United States

I would if I had the Mavic Air.  I did however read the entire Mavic Pro manual
2018-4-15
Use props
SparksBird
First Officer
Flight distance : 10731690 ft
United States

Brad Bilger Posted at 2018-4-15 11:25
Why single out just the Mavic Air?  I see just as many posts here from MP owners as I see from MA owners.  I am a techno bug.  I read the manual front to back.  Several times BEFORE I bought my MP.  I researched the videos to make sure that I understood the bird.  I have copies saved on my computer.  I have copies saved on my phone so that if I need it in the field, I got it there.  Why?  Because I spend a TON of money on this craft and I am NOT going to crash it, or lose it, or do any damage to it BECAUSE I DIDN'T READ THE MANUAL!  
Those of you out there that DON'T read the manual, you obviously have more money than I do.  I want to protect my investment.  This poll says MA owners, but to me, this applies to ANYTHING that cost money.  The comment was made that "Real men don't have / use manuals.  They set sail across the Atlantic, and write manuals for others.."  Yeah, but a lot of men DIED trying to make it across before the first one did.  I retired from a business that was dangerous.   And we didn't send anyone in until they knew what to do in an emergency.  Until that information was drilled into their heads over and over.  Until they knew what to do all the time.  Sorry, but that was the way that I was raised.

Not only did I read the online manual for the MP many times before I even received it thanks to online but also watched about 50 youtube tutorials.  Can never have enough info/knowledge.  
2018-4-15
Use props
Brad Bilger
Second Officer
Flight distance : 14843274 ft

SparksBird Posted at 2018-4-15 16:01
Not only did I read the online manual for the MP many times before I even received it thanks to online but also watched about 50 youtube tutorials.  Can never have enough info/knowledge.

Thank you ...
2018-4-15
Use props
Bill B
lvl.4
Flight distance : 319245 ft
United States

Really? Who wouldn't? This is a no brainer.
2018-4-16
Use props
Kevin Halle
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1297612 ft
  • >>>
United States

Read the manual more than once and watch more than one youtube video on the same subject. The videos are not always correct either and some provide more details than others. DJI has a lot of video tutorials also.
2018-4-16
Use props
Aguilaair
lvl.3
Flight distance : 9875 ft
Spain

I have not read it but I've seen ALL of the videos about the MA
2018-4-16
Use props
GoldenSun
First Officer
Poland

Brad Bilger Posted at 2018-4-15 11:25
Why single out just the Mavic Air?  I see just as many posts here from MP owners as I see from MA owners.  I am a techno bug.  I read the manual front to back.  Several times BEFORE I bought my MP.  I researched the videos to make sure that I understood the bird.  I have copies saved on my computer.  I have copies saved on my phone so that if I need it in the field, I got it there.  Why?  Because I spend a TON of money on this craft and I am NOT going to crash it, or lose it, or do any damage to it BECAUSE I DIDN'T READ THE MANUAL!  
Those of you out there that DON'T read the manual, you obviously have more money than I do.  I want to protect my investment.  This poll says MA owners, but to me, this applies to ANYTHING that cost money.  The comment was made that "Real men don't have / use manuals.  They set sail across the Atlantic, and write manuals for others.."  Yeah, but a lot of men DIED trying to make it across before the first one did.  I retired from a business that was dangerous.   And we didn't send anyone in until they knew what to do in an emergency.  Until that information was drilled into their heads over and over.  Until they knew what to do all the time.  Sorry, but that was the way that I was raised.

Sure, you have a point. I guess the MA is the newest that's why it's mentioned.
2018-4-16
Use props
ChasesDronePics
lvl.4
Flight distance : 198990 ft
United States

QuadKid Posted at 2018-4-15 03:11
Read it all for each one of my drones and refer to them as needed, also have 100's of U-tube videos on my HD for reference from camera settings, to feature, mode, fixes & reviews. Also have forum snapshots for resolutions to problems.

What videos or channels would you recommend for camera settings?
2018-4-16
Use props
QuadKid
First Officer
Flight distance : 482349 ft
United States

ChasesDronePics Posted at 2018-4-16 07:49
What videos or channels would you recommend for camera settings?

Everyone has different opinions, just go to U-Tube and search Best Camera Settings Mavic Pro, you'll get a hundreds of them.
2018-4-16
Use props
Vidjcb
First Officer
Flight distance : 14038904 ft
  • >>>
United States

To be honest, I never read a user manual at least something is wrong when I start using a thing...
2018-4-16
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules